<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Two Mystery Questions About The RAPTURE Are Solved In Luke 21! For Gentiles Only!!

The Two Mystery Questions Are These:

1) To whom will the Lords' day come as a thief and will take them unawares?

2) Will the christians be taken out of the tribulation or will they be protected through this terrible period of time?

Both mysteries are answered by the Lord Himself!
Remember that Lukes' gospel is geared for a gentile audience since Luke himself was a gentile believer!

To whom will the Day of the Lord be as a thief?

Luke 21:34: Jesus is warning those who are living a life full of themselves while calling theirselves christians; going around with the worlds' crowd and getting drunk and high and partying all the time; and those who are living their lives without seeking the Saviour for their salvation, and taking care of business without the Lord in any of their activities or plans!

These are the ones who will be caught totally UNAWARES when the Lord returns in His Day!!

Luke 21:35 even nails it down totally by saying as a SNARE(or trap) shall the Day of the Lord come on all them that live on the face of the whole earth.

This is even confirmed in Revelation 3:10; During the Philidelphia church era!Just before He comes to the Laodicean church, who will have to repent and be saved after being tested through the fires of the tribulation period!

The second mystery question is solved about the problem of will the true christian believers be taken out of the world before the tribulation period, or will they be protected through the evil time of testing on the earth?

Luke 21:36 has the answer and it is so simple and plain that, you know who, can understand it! Yep! A Caveman!!!

Jesus through Luke's gospel tells His gentile believers to watch for the signs before all these things, which He mentioned earlier during the tribulation period, come to pass!

He tells them to Pray Always! Pray specifically about what?
That they (MAY)---there is that month again! May be accounted worthy to ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, WOW!!!!

Is Jesus saying that we can escape these tribulation events by just being protected through the difficult and wrathful times during this period?

No! No! No!

The answer is the last phrase of this Luke 21:36 verse!
"And to stand before the Son of Man!!!"

He is saying that we will escape all these tribulation events by standing before Him in heaven!!

That is where He is at on the right hand of God the Father!

This is where the great multitude in Revelation 7 is taken before the 144,000 jewish evangelists are sealed at the beginning of the tribulation period!

This great multitude is already in heaven before the tribulation begins and even before the seals are broken in Revelation 6!

They are taken out away from the tribulation on earth and their robes are washed until they are pure white with the blood of the Lamb; and they stand with palm branches in their hands as this may be a service that is rendered during the Pentacost feast!!!

The reason Matthew's gospel does not speak of these two mysteries which are in Luke is because Matthew was talking directly to the jewish believers in his audience!!!

Luke has parts of his gospel that mention the gentile believers and the promises which are given to them specifically!!!!

Mark's gospel is neutral to both Matthew and Luke!!

There is the difference!! Mark wrote his gospel first!
Since Matthew adds his jewish material to what is already written in Mark; and Luke adds his gentile material to what is already given in Mark!!!

Neither Matthew or Luke borrow material in Mark that is unique to that gospel! If Mark's gospel was not the first one written then his gospel would be adding to the events unique only to both Matthew and Luke!!!

But again this is another subject!!!!

Maybe someday I will do a post about why each gospel is different and why one gospel does not give the same events as does another gospel!!!
It is a fascinating study to say the least!!!!

Re: The Two Mystery Questions About The RAPTURE Are Solved In Luke 21! For Gentiles Only!!

Scott,
Now that was to the point.
Thank you,
Star

Re: The Two Mystery Questions About The RAPTURE Are Solved In Luke 21! For Gentiles Only!!

Good study Scott. Believers who are watching and longing to be with Jesus will be ready. Pentecost seems to be the bookends of the church age, just as Enoch was born on Pentecost and taken up alive 365 years later on Pentecost. As star said today in her post "Not many days hence" our bridegroom comes to take his bride.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Great Scott! Nice study... Good timing because I just read this:

http://kingdomstudies.blogspot.com/

I think most of what this guy says is easily refuted. Pre-Trib Rapture is a type and idea that is documented to have been an idea in the early church and NOT a modern idea.

Anyway, my question deals with this verse, Matthew 24:29-31:

But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken, and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

I thought the "Day of the Lord" BEGAN with the sun and moon being darkened...

If that is the case, then we have definitive proof of Pre-Trib rapture...

Will have to study more when I get home from work...

Leviticus 23:40 . . . 'Now on the first day you shall take for yourselves the foliage of beautiful trees, palm branches and boughs of leafy trees and willows of the brook, and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God for seven days.

Could it be, too, from the verse above, while Israel is experiencing on earth her cleansing of 7 years, the LORD is referring to His church caught up to Heaven with Him for 7 days.

no doubt, in Revelation 5:9 . . we ARE, as Christ's church singing a new song!!

. . "And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation".

WATCH ye therefore and pray always that ye be found worthy to escape all that is coming upon the earth and STAND BEFORE THE SON OF MAN !....THE WORD

These are great points Scott! More confirmation pre-trib is right-on! THANKS BRO!

Khog! I love your metaphor for the church age!!! Pentacost Bookends!!!!

Lets dedicate a post to it!!! So we can score a field goal!!!

AbeOwitz

But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken, and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Matthew 24:29-31 is the 2nd coming.

Verse 30 says all tribes will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds.

What born again believer is going to mourn when they see Jesus coming for them in the rapture?

Also, Jesus will not be seen by the unrighteous at the rapture.

These verses sound like the rapture, but they are the 2nd coming.

Scott
Khog! I love your metaphor for the church age!!! Pentacost Bookends!!!!

Lets dedicate a post to it!!! So we can score a field goal!!!

Way to go Scott , that Holy Spirit INSPIRED Truth and Precious Stones and Metal Detector...like in GOLD of yours is really hummmmming for all it's worth dear brother.

Thank you Sir.

"Pentacost Bookends"...I like this thought as well my brothers.

Your brother Joe

Email: jpcarr@att.net

The Two Mystery Questions Are These:

1) To whom will the Lords' day come as a thief and will take them unawares?

2) Will the christians be taken out of the tribulation or will they be protected through this terrible period of time?

Both mysteries are answered by the Lord Himself!
Remember that Lukes' gospel is geared for a gentile audience since Luke himself was a gentile believer!

To whom will the Day of the Lord be as a thief?

Luke 21:34: Jesus is warning those who are living a life full of themselves while calling theirselves christians; going around with the worlds' crowd and getting drunk and high and partying all the time; and those who are living their lives without seeking the Saviour for their salvation, and taking care of business without the Lord in any of their activities or plans!

These are the ones who will be caught totally UNAWARES when the Lord returns in His Day!!

Luke 21:35 even nails it down totally by saying as a SNARE(or trap) shall the Day of the Lord come on all them that live on the face of the whole earth.

This is even confirmed in Revelation 3:10; During the Philidelphia church era!Just before He comes to the Laodicean church, who will have to repent and be saved after being tested through the fires of the tribulation period!

The second mystery question is solved about the problem of will the true christian believers be taken out of the world before the tribulation period, or will they be protected through the evil time of testing on the earth?

Luke 21:36 has the answer and it is so simple and plain that, you know who, can understand it! Yep! A Caveman!!!

Jesus through Luke's gospel tells His gentile believers to watch for the signs before all these things, which He mentioned earlier during the tribulation period, come to pass!

He tells them to Pray Always! Pray specifically about what?
That they (MAY)---there is that month again! May be accounted worthy to ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, WOW!!!!

Is Jesus saying that we can escape these tribulation events by just being protected through the difficult and wrathful times during this period?

No! No! No!

The answer is the last phrase of this Luke 21:36 verse!
"And to stand before the Son of Man!!!"

He is saying that we will escape all these tribulation events by standing before Him in heaven!!

That is where He is at on the right hand of God the Father!

This is where the great multitude in Revelation 7 is taken before the 144,000 jewish evangelists are sealed at the beginning of the tribulation period!

This great multitude is already in heaven before the tribulation begins and even before the seals are broken in Revelation 6!

They are taken out away from the tribulation on earth and their robes are washed until they are pure white with the blood of the Lamb; and they stand with palm branches in their hands as this may be a service that is rendered during the Pentacost feast!!!

The reason Matthew's gospel does not speak of these two mysteries which are in Luke is because Matthew was talking directly to the jewish believers in his audience!!!

Luke has parts of his gospel that mention the gentile believers and the promises which are given to them specifically!!!!

Mark's gospel is neutral to both Matthew and Luke!!

There is the difference!! Mark wrote his gospel first!
Since Matthew adds his jewish material to what is already written in Mark; and Luke adds his gentile material to what is already given in Mark!!!

Neither Matthew or Luke borrow material in Mark that is unique to that gospel! If Mark's gospel was not the first one written then his gospel would be adding to the events unique only to both Matthew and Luke!!!

But again this is another subject!!!!

Maybe someday I will do a post about why each gospel is different and why one gospel does not give the same events as does another gospel!!!
It is a fascinating study to say the least!!!!

Now that my dear Scotty, was what is called Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth. Right on!

And that is why it is so important to understand context. Yes, Matthew is the Jewish gospel written from a under the law Jewish viewpoint and uses lots of Jewish idioms and word pictures that were readily understood by that 1st century society . Just like Hebrews must be understood from an animal sacrifice mosaic law viewpoint, and Revelation after Chapter 4 verse 1 is all about Israel and Gods final 7 years of dealing with them and His covenant with them. The Body of Christ is no longer there and so none of verses can be referring to it.(until chp 19)

I get so frustrated when people unknowingly twist and misuse the context and subject matter of scripture. But I also understand that I must give grace to those who have never been taught. They mean well and love the Lord just as much as I do. That is what is SO GREAT about RITA.

Iron sharpens iron and it takes a lot of diamond dust to cut the sparkling facets on a gemstone. The key however is to be teachable.

Love you bro

Tom

Thanks brother Tom about the Diamond cutting Diamond!!

And the Iron sharpening Iron!!!

Tom there is a park in Arkansas that I am going to take a trip to soon that you can go there and dig for your own diamonds!!! You just have to pay a small entrance fee and they give you some tools and you can spend the day on your knees digging for those little sparkly jewels!!!!

I have a sneeky suspision that they send you to a part of the park where there is not much of a chance of finding anything of value!!!

I may even ask them not to put me in a nonproductive part of this diamond field, but I will be asking them in a jovial state of mind so they don't get offended by the comment and instead put me in a drainage ditch full sewer mud!!

Tom if you lived in the midwest I would come pick you up and we could do some metal detecting together and maybe stop for the day at this diamond park and try our hand at this jewel field!!!!

Andy, thanks for the reply/info. :)

But Joel 2:31 says
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

So, timeline wise, it's

1) Sun/Moon darkened
2) Rapture or Gathering of the Elect
3) Day of the Lord begins

Question is what happens before the Sun/Moon darkened.

And how long is the Day of the Lord? Is the Day of the Lord the time of Jacob's Trouble? Is it equated with the 7 year tribulation?

Hmm... Dunno, still looking...

Andy (firecharger)
AbeOwitz

Matthew 24:29-31 is the 2nd coming.

Verse 30 says all tribes will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds.

What born again believer is going to mourn when they see Jesus coming for them in the rapture?

Also, Jesus will not be seen by the unrighteous at the rapture.

These verses sound like the rapture, but they are the 2nd coming.

Abeowitz if you read the book of Joel you will find the reference to the Day of the Lord in each of its three chapters!!

Each chapter is describing the different parts of the tribulation period!!!

Joel chapter one is describing the beginning of the tribulation period with the drought and the trumpet judgments;
Joel chapter two is describing the fifth trumpet judgment and the middle of the tribulation period!
Joel chapter three is describing the last part of the tribulation period where the Day of the Lord finally arrives in the valley of decision or in the valley of Armegeddon!!!

The Day of the Lord actually is a build up of a block of time which is referred to as the tribulation period!!
The best way to describe it is the final epilogue to a one hour show on the history channel!!!

Once the tribulation period begins the Day of the Lord will start its countdown!!!

The final phase of the Day of the Lord will be terminated at the battle of Armegeddon!!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com