Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A loving instruction from Jesus :)

The Lord gave me two words in the middle of the night last night,
as an instruction for His bride, from here on out (until He comes).

The two words are:

LOWER & SLOWER

He gave me some clarification & verses with this, but I think
He'd rather that y'all just take it to Him yourself!

Love~ ~Char

Re: A loving instruction from Jesus :)

Oh, my goodness, Charity . .

First thing that struck my heart is Jesus may be descending, about ready to break open the clouds! And that time is really short!!

Ooooh, this is exciting!!!!!

Charity....hate to be a dunce here...but I don't get it.

Perhaps He is saying be slower to act...listen more intently as His voice is going to become lower (which means our faith will be tested more as we won't hear Him as well)??? And so we also must humble ourselves more (lower).

Dee, I just love you! Did you ask Him first??

Well, since this poor thread has found itself at the bottom of the page with no one to "take the bait", I will share the two verses the Lord showed me along with this word (LOWER & SLOWER). And also a wonderful verse a friend shared with me today!

With the Luke passage, it was really cool because He put the story of Mary & Martha into my head, but I couldn't remember which of the gospels had the passage about that. So I picked up my Bible expecting to search for a bit, but instead I opened RIGHT UP to the exact place I was needing to find!
Isn't our Lord wonderful!

Anyway, both of these passages have to do with living "LOWER" (humbly) and living "SLOWER" (having a freed up schedule for the Lord, as much as possible)

LUKE 10:38-42

Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. She had a sister called Mary, WHO WAS SEATED AT THE LORD'S FEET, LISTENING TO HIS WORD.

But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me."

But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but ONLY ONE THING IS NECESSARY, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Matthew 18:2-4

And He called a child to Himself and set him before them,

and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven".

And here's the verse that a friend blessed me with today:

PSALM 149:4

For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people:
he will beautify the meek with salvation.

Oh I am so glad you brought this thread back up,

I have gotten this idea in the recent past and have tried to slow down and take in more of what the LORD is around me,

and I have humbled myself,

how could I/we not be,

it is amazing how much we have been blessed even presently in this sinful old world,

I know the LORD is working all things together for good for me/us, I am always so excited about His plans,

I am really looking forward to what ever is next,

I have had so many wonderful experiences already with the LORD.

Email: newskinagain167@yahoo.com

Wow, that's what I've been feeling! Like rest in me, spend time with me, don't strive, draw near to me, enjoy my presence.

I am being drawn to Him and even lovesick for Him.
(forgetting where I parked the car, forgetting the things I am suppose to do etc.) I have never felt this way before. He really cleansed some things out of my life and got me to love Him and Him alone. He straightened my life out quick. Thanks Charity for you're obedience to the Lord and THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I missed this. I've been, er, distracted with a flood & all.

I got the lower part, missed the slower part! Of course, I need that the most.

Although...

It IS the end of the race, so I've been pushing to get to the finish line.

Good word. I'm going to dig into the verses when I get some sleep.

It is interesting that you were led to the Mary and Martha study. We were just talking about this in my small group.
While everyone was talking, I saw this story different then I ever have.
I always thought that Martha was wrong and Jesus was "getting on to her". But she wasn't wrong had it been any other dinner party. She was doing what would normally be expected, even what she had probably done before with Jesus their as her guest. The difference was the moment. We need to recognize what moment we are in and live accordingly.It is all about being aware of the present. What we often describe as "living in the moment". But to do this, you must SLOW down, LOWER the volume of the world and recognize what moment you are in.

David said-
Like rest in me, spend time with me,

I have been trying to get things done but have not been able to move. Just sit. And wait. But Lord, I have some Martha things to do?

One Thing is Needful I sit at the feet of my Lord,
Just one thing is needful I sit at the feet of my Lord,
Obedience to you my Lord, Obedience is what i am after
Like Mary I sit, and wait at the feet of my Master

Once upon a time, I used to lead God.
I told him the way, we'd walk the road of life
but now in my life I say, let God be God.
My horse he showed me the way to be with my Lord.
( My horse is not boss.)

Trust in God all the time, oh ye my people
Bring to me (the Lord) all yor trouble for I'm your refuge
Teach me my Lord what it is that you want me to do.
And make me obedient my Lord, to only you.

Teach me to serve you completely with all of my heart
I will praises you my God. with all of my heart.
I will proclaim your greatness forever and ever
How great is your love for me, forever and ever.
How great is your love for me, forever my Lord.

One thing is needful I sit at the feet of my Lord,
Just one thing is needful I sit at the feet of my Lord.

Thats about all I ever got done, in my Christain walk.

May 5, 2010. You are about to get ahead of yourself. I want you to think about this. You are in such a hurry to get out of the situation you are in that you are moving too quickly. If you don't slow down it is going to cause you problems later on...big problems...problems that you cannot ascertain from where you are right now. Slow down, even stop and seek My wisdom. Deep down you know you should be seeking Me first, but you are ignoring this truth. The reason you are moving so fast is because of your circumstances. Don't let your environment rule your actions. Let My discernment, wisdom and understanding rule.
Proverbs 4:5-8 (MSG) "Sell everything and buy Wisdom! Forage for Understanding! Don't forget one word! Don't deviate an inch! Never walk away from Wisdom-she guards your life; love her-she keeps her eye on you. Above all and before all, do this: Get Wisdom! Write this at the top of your list: Get Understanding! Throw your arms around her-believe me, you won't regret it; never let her go-she'll make your life glorious." Bev Robinson

Wow, what wonderful thoughts everybody! Thanks so much for sharing! The Lord is confirming to us that all that's needed AT THIS TIME is to rest in Him. Get closer to Him. Spend time with Him. Learn from Him.

Something I realized about little children is: not only are they naturally humble, but they wake up each morning without their own agenda. They ask their mommy or daddy what they are going to do that day. And this is what we should be doing. Of course there are obligations (such as work & family) which we must keep. But our "free time" should literally be FREED UP FOR THE LORD. Our agenda is God's agenda. He is coming so soon, and it's time to sit at His feet like Mary, and free up our schedules like a child.

As we get slower, may You come faster Lord Jesus! LOL!

Come QUICKLY Lord Jesus!

Sharron
We need to recognize what moment we are in and live accordingly.It is all about being aware of the present. What we often describe as "living in the moment". But to do this, you must SLOW down, LOWER the volume of the world and recognize what moment you are in.

Great words & insight, Sharron.

I've been in the process of doing this. Sadly, it means shutting out some people at times who need our help. I struggle in this area because so many are so NEEDY, and bother me non-stop for my gifts & attention.

I have a hard time saying NO. But, getting better at it because I'd rather get His input first these days. It saves so much trouble down the road.

Char can't wait to dance for Jesus
Something I realized about little children is: not only are they naturally humble, but they wake up each morning without their own agenda. They ask their mommy or daddy what they are going to do that day. And this is what we should be doing.

Thanks, C. This helps to clarify. So simple; so true.

Charity,

When I read the beginning of this thread I knew immediately what He was saying to you (about lower and slower)because He has been teaching that to me so strongly this week.

Can't tell you how much this ministered to me. Thank you..........

and may I bump this back up to the top! LOL!

I have a little Chicken Soup for the Soul collection of verses/etc. in my kitchen that I change from time to time and not long ago I flipped it this page:

Do yourself a favor as you walk through life: Slow down and take the time to really see. Take a moment to see what is going on around you right now, right where you are. You may be missing something wonderful.
(Author J. Michael Thomas)

I liked that!!

Good word ! LOWER and SLOWER ....our lifetstyles are too fast paced ...lower the speed , slow down , abide in His wisdom given by The Holy Spirit to keep the important things first , prayer , witnessing, compassion for the needy , CLOSENESS TO THE SAVIOR !!!
Thanks Dear Sis , blessings rich !!!!bon

Neal
May 5, 2010. You are about to get ahead of yourself. I want you to think about this. You are in such a hurry to get out of the situation you are in that you are moving too quickly. If you don't slow down it is going to cause you problems later on...big problems...problems that you cannot ascertain from where you are right now. Slow down, even stop and seek My wisdom. Deep down you know you should be seeking Me first, but you are ignoring this truth. The reason you are moving so fast is because of your circumstances. Don't let your environment rule your actions. Let My discernment, wisdom and understanding rule.
Proverbs 4:5-8 (MSG) "Sell everything and buy Wisdom! Forage for Understanding! Don't forget one word! Don't deviate an inch! Never walk away from Wisdom-she guards your life; love her-she keeps her eye on you. Above all and before all, do this: Get Wisdom! Write this at the top of your list: Get Understanding! Throw your arms around her-believe me, you won't regret it; never let her go-she'll make your life glorious." Bev Robinson

THANK YOU Neal for posting this. This speaks to my heart . . . especially Slow down, even stop and SEEK MY WISDOM.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com