Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please Pray for Nashville

I have just heard that the Grand Ole Opry House is flooded up to the stage. Our stadium where we had The Call in ‘07 is flooded, as well.

The Opryland area is under water, and a few other major areas of the city.

There is talk that the water city-wide could be shut off soon, because one of the 2 water treatment plants is completely underwater and inoperable.

Also, a gas shortage is coming soon.

Whoah! It’s another thing when all of this starts hitting close to home.

I don’t know if you know this, but one of the things people call Nashville is the "Buckle of the Bible Belt". There are more churches per capita here than anywhere in the states. I had no idea about these things before I moved here.

Truly, judgment is beginning in the house of God in this country. Hopefully, the Christians & the rest here will WAKE UP while there still is time! Lord, have mercy on our sinful nation.

Re: Please Pray for Nashville

Wow TN, That is horrible news. I remember going to the Grand Ole Opry as a child and, I loved it so much....wonderful music. I cannot believe y'all have been hit so much harder than Atlanta was. TN is such a beautiful state. I hope you have relatives elsewhere if things get too hard. We all are just taking one day at a time, and faith, lots of faith.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

TN Dove, that makes me so sad to hear that the Grand Ole Opry House is flooded. You know that was originally a church that was built for a great revival preacher. I have heard the story of his life from Ray Hughes, but right now don't remember his name. Anyway, when I toured Nashville a few years ago on a Christmas in the Ozarks trip, I could still feel the presence of Holy Spirit in that place. Gave me goosebumps.

My cousin and his family live in Nashville too. I am definitely praying for Tennessee and all the dear people who are there in this crisis. Very scary and very sad. :(

Yeah Kerry, I was just watching CNN and they showed a clip of the flooding in Nashville, talking about the Grand Ole Opry being flooded. They said Keith Urban would be coming on next to speak about it. I think he and Nicole live in Nashville, don't they? I'm waiting for it. They keep talking about the Times Square Bomb Arrest. That's another scary matter, not knowing what's coming down the pike so to speak. Not to mention the oil spill in the gulf.

My thought earlier after thinking about all of this was "the tribulation has begun".

Will be praying for Nashville and all of Tennessee - we always go to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area usually every fall if we can. LOVE IT!!!

Me too Shirley, I have been praying all day too for LAs and Florida's coastline. Its at us from every direction.

TN Dove:

WHAT A MESS!!!

YES, THEY NEED OUR PRAYERS!!!!!

TN

I just googled "Nashville Flood" and someone had put this together.
The END of this YouTube says:

"Please continue to pray for the people of Tennessee."

THIS IS BEYOND DESCRIPTION!!!

Nashville Flood

LINK

TN Dove,
I am praying for TENN.And Ga.
Forgive me but this vessel thinks.That this is
part of the end times.
To get those that have not come yet.
To come to Jesus.
Praise the Lord,your alright.

Also TN,
I did se where opry land was under water.In
some places.

Father, I bring up the state of Tenn. and Georgia before You. I pray for all the people that live there and the surrounding areas. Speak words of comfort and bring a spirit of peace to that area. I pray for all of those who have been flooded...their homes, their businesses. I pray that many will seek your face Father and repent...they will through this devastation see a need for you and make You number one in their lives. For those who are lukewarm will become on fire, for those who left their first love will repent and remember what they did when they were first saved...make Jesus their all in all...May many through this catastrophe and and in other areas where devastation is happening all over the world be born again...seek Your face and believe and make Jesus there Savior and Lord.

I plead your blood over all these areas now and I pray You will place your angels around them. Thank You for what You are doing and are going to do. In Jesus name, amen.

Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

Didn't they just have the dove awards there?
lifing up the state ...

Amen Virginia.

Lord, have mercy on our sinful nation.

yes-
Let us return to you Lord,
our one true God.

Is anything too hard for you to do?
Bring my people home.
Let it be so.

Texas Sue
TN Dove, that makes me so sad to hear that the Grand Ole Opry House is flooded. You know that was originally a church that was built for a great revival preacher. I have heard the story of his life from Ray Hughes, but right now don't remember his name. Anyway, when I toured Nashville a few years ago on a Christmas in the Ozarks trip, I could still feel the presence of Holy Spirit in that place. Gave me goosebumps.

Yes, Texas Sue... I think you're referring to the Ryman Auditorium downtown. It was the first home of the Opry for many years.

Here's a bit of it's history:

The auditorium first opened as the Union Gospel Tabernacle in 1892. It was built by Thomas Ryman (1843–1904), a riverboat captain and Nashville businessman who owned several saloons. Ryman conceived of the auditorium as a tabernacle for the influential revivalist Sam Jones. After Ryman's death, the Tabernacle was renamed Ryman Auditorium in his honor.

I agree about the Holy Spirit in that place. It hits me every time I go in there. It's quite heavy & wonderful. I sang on the stage once & could feel it even more so from there.

The venue that flooded was the new Grand Ole Opry House that was built about 15 minutes out of downtown in the mid-70's. They built out there because they outgrew the Ryman. It is about 3x larger, and in the area where the old Opryland theme park used to be next to the Opryland Hotel. The hotel in the video Calvin posted above is the Opryland Hotel. It is built right on the bank of the Cumberland River, so that is the problem. The Grand Ole Opry House is right behind the hotel.

Downtown did flood a few blocks in, but the Ryman sits on a bit of a hill, so I'm guessing it's OK.

I'm just back from driving around the west side of town, & things are much better today. The Harpeth River is still overflowing it's banks, but much of the flooding from this weekend has resolved.

There are still plenty of displaced people, & of course lots of basements & homes flooded. Some of the poorer sections got hit hard, and I'm guessing most wouldn't have flood insurance.

joyful susan
Didn't they just have the dove awards there?
lifing up the state ...

Yes, Joyful Susan. April 25th. Maybe God didn't like what he saw. Oops, I didn't say that! J/K. Sorta.

Shirley
Yeah Kerry, I was just watching CNN and they showed a clip of the flooding in Nashville, talking about the Grand Ole Opry being flooded. They said Keith Urban would be coming on next to speak about it. I think he and Nicole live in Nashville, don't they? I'm waiting for it. They keep talking about the Times Square Bomb Arrest. That's another scary matter, not knowing what's coming down the pike so to speak. Not to mention the oil spill in the gulf.

My thought earlier after thinking about all of this was "the tribulation has begun".

Will be praying for Nashville and all of Tennessee - we always go to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area usually every fall if we can. LOVE IT!!!

So much scary stuff coming down the pike. Especially if you're not right with God!

Yes, Shirley, they have a home here.

I love Gatlinburg, as well. So peaceful there.

corgi mom maria
Wow TN, That is horrible news. I remember going to the Grand Ole Opry as a child and, I loved it so much....wonderful music. I cannot believe y'all have been hit so much harder than Atlanta was. TN is such a beautiful state. I hope you have relatives elsewhere if things get too hard. We all are just taking one day at a time, and faith, lots of faith.

It's quite different than the impression you get on TV, isn't it, Maria?

I'm fine here. Yes, I have relatives in other places.

Faith is definitely about to be tested to the max. The longer we're here, the more we'll be tested. Oh joy.

I'm actually quite peaceful today about everything.

Star, Virginia & Mollie...

I can't agree more. I think this could be God's last call to wake the church up before things get really bad. Hopefully, more will see what is happening & REPENT!

JR Church said today that this is judgement...Abrahamic convenant, because of the elected officials....what was America voting for......a better life.....well, that is not what we got with BO and, at least we still have each others prayers and, the power of the Holy Spirit. I just pray too, for our release from such a cursed earth.

Yes, pray for all suffering in America and also....for God's land, Israel. God gave us a wonderful land to live in here and, look how many turned their backs on God and his people so, should we not be surprised at this judgement???????????????????????????????????????????

BTW, I asked God while driving around today why this happened. He said, "The Bible Belt has been Unbuckled."

He has quite the sense of humor. So true.

TN that's right it was Sam Jones. Most people don't remember him but he was like the Billy Graham of his day - hundreds of people saved through his preaching.

I am so glad that the old Ryman is safe. I thought that was the one that was flooded. I felt like I shouldn't speak above a whisper in there with such an atmosphere of spiritual awe.

So glad that you and David W. and Steve W.'s daughter are all safe. God has His angels on duty and they are never going to be asleep on the job.

TN Dove
Shirley

So much scary stuff coming down the pike. Especially if you're not right with God!

Yes, Shirley, they have a home here.

I love Gatlinburg, as well. So peaceful there.

I love GAtlinburg....we stayed in a cabin in the smokies and vistied a cherokee reservation there with my family when i was young( well I guess the reservation is there or there abouts)... my mom was cherokee....I always said when I grew up I was going to live in Tenn....just beautiful....and good memories.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com