<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
One of the Best Praise & Worship Songs of All Time!

Re: One of the Best Praise & Worship Songs of All Time!

Yes indeed and, we love Johnny Cash!!!!

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

Most def....

Late night invitation before rapture
(If you see this after, remember,
it's not too late): Old-time hymn forever fresh

These are great Kman, I see you also like Van Gogh.

Yes, Corgi Mom. Did you know Van Gogh started out as a preacher?

(excellent movie: "Lust for Life"--Van Gogh played by Kirk Douglas--back in the 30's)

Oh, amen, Kman

Can wait to sing in Heaven with all the hosts of heaven this powerful song to our Jesus, our Adored God.

Kirk Douglas was wonderful in the life story of Van Gogh. Being an artist is so difficult and, he was such a genius. You cannot train someone to paint that way it is a God given talent.

He never found his place in his world despite that anointed gift. I am sure he is painting in Heaven. And, we will not judge him for his mental illness.

corgi mom & Donna--you both had beautiful things to say (and Donna hearing that song sung by Elvis brought moisture to my eyes).

It gives me so much hope realizing with all our differences, still we find so much unity in our adoration and praise of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ (bottom line )

Donna--I found myself agreeing w/ you over and over and over again today, one controversial thread in particular. I stayed out of it you handled it so well.

corgi mom--Van Gogh is a whole 'nother discussion and one I never tire of. Thanks for your input (so true about you can't train someone to paint like that...in his case too much training could kill the goose that laid the golden egg). Thanks again.

Dear Kman, I sure understand how Elvis' version of this magnificent praise song brings tears , . .

no doubt his great gifted voice is being wonderfully heard above.

. . annnnnnd, thanks too, for your support and kind words . .

I understand Kman, I majored in drawing and painting in college but, never got the degree yet, totally identified with these artists and, you will never see the likes of them in this day and age. I love Italian Renaissance art too.

Maria, next to Vincent I like Claude Monet. It suddenly ocurred to me that Johnny Cash is another artist that too much training would have hindered him. I read it in his autobiography or biography.
His voice teacher made that statement. Refinement is not always where it's at; but rather rusticity.

In some ways you could say the same of John the Baptist w/ his wild locust diet and strange dress; and also of Jesus (from the manger to the donkey to the old rugged cross )

PS-I'd sure like to see you post some of your artwork here

Amen... I understand that!!! I am going to be very busy these next three weeks but, will try and photograph the art that is here in Florida. I am in a dormant phase of art so, look forward to to begin again, with my love of art, its a healthy release for sure. Not that I am a genius, kinda glad I am not!!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful Johnny Cash songs, Kman!!

may we all be singing in the heavenly Choir SOON!!

Yes, you're welcome, Cheryl. "Singing in the heavenly choir". . .I can't quite wrap my mind around it (beyond imagination)--perhaps within days!!

"I see you also like Van Gogh. . ."
corgie mom maria-this one's for you:

Kman

So-oo-oo, what is the song...and, the lyrics?

Tammy (SNC)

I was about to post..I see you changed your Van Gogh!!

i did not know he was a preacher.... Thats very interesting and I will have to try and what that movie.....

(quote)So-oo-oo, what is the song...and, the lyrics?

Tammy (SNC)(end of quote)

The song is "How Great Thou Art" sung by:

Here are the lyrics (glad you asked):

O lord my god
When i in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds
Your hands have made

I see the stars
I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout
The universe displayed

Then sings my soul
My savior god to thee
How great thou art
Ooh how great thou art

Then sings my soul
My savior god to thee
How great thou art
How great thou art

When christ shall come
With shouts of acclamation
And take me home
What joy will fill my heart

Then I will bow
In humble adoration
And there proclaim
My god how great thou art

Then sings my soul
My savior god to thee
How great thou art
How great thou art

Then sings my soul
My savior god to thee
How great thou art
How great thou art

(quote)joyful susan
I was about to post..I see you changed your Van Gogh!!

i did not know he was a preacher.... Thats very interesting and I will have to try and what that movie.....(end of quote)

I'm glad. Kirk Douglas did an excellent job portraying Van Gogh and I don't think you will be disappointed. (It shows the part when he attempted preaching .)

That was absolutely beautiful Kman. It brought tears to my eyes, the colors Vincent is seeing in Heaven are the same as his beautiful paintings. And, that is what he gave to us through his work....a glimpse of Heaven.

Yes, Maria. It's absolutely stunning. Glad you were able to come back and see it. God bless you (including your artwork).

Thank you so much, that is so kind. My son is coming into town this week so, by Wednesday I should be able to post some pictures. Birds are my favorite subject and......I love Audubon. I have many of his prints. So, that is what you will probably notice in my work. Robert Bateman is unbelievable however, I am no where near that level. We each have our own style and gift.

I actually got disappointed in art school and, never finished my degree but, went to cooking school, it was a lot easier for me to please people with food than art!!!!!!!!!!!

corgy mom,
Looking forward to seeing them. Birds are a great subject. I love them. That includes my favorite place,
a wildlife reserve, where, when not chained to this computer, I observe egrets and geese and herons and pelicans, avocets, California stilts, Goldenwinged warblers,...and the list goes on and on.

Art is an elusive thing. Like cooking. Like poetry. Sometimes the simplest approach produces the most effective (or greatest) results.

I have two versions of the same song which for me illustrate this point. But everyone will not agree.
I bypassed a load of fancy productions and selected these, a song I've loved for years. A lot of us may have a grandmother long passed like me who loved the Lord and used to play hymns like this (amazingly, this first one may be a soulless synthesiser but somehow worked for me) and it brings back memories:

Am I crazy or what? I love this next one: about 22 views (maybe I'm the only one who sees it ).

(happy mother's day)

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com