Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I need input on this one

oh my where do i begin? first of all i am so estatically happy that i have been able to post on here....so nice to be surrounded with believers and to read their postings....ok now....i wont go into all the details, but for the last 2 1/2 months i have been busy writing a book....a true story actually of my life....(yawn, yes i know) but the thing is , is that this is something that the Lord wanted me to do....the book is to bring souls into the kingdom of God.....i did not want to do this....i am not a writer....but you know how you know when the Lord directs your ways....anyway...the book is completed.....not only that but in a vision 3 weeks ago, shortly after i heard the shofar actually, i was praying and i was thinking of my book and what kind of illustrations i might have in my book....when all of a sudden the Lord showed me the finished cover of the book, in splendid color...it was so awesome....and then the book was turned ever so slowly to the side so that i could even see the thickness.....oh my!!!!!! i am not an artist either, but the next morning i sketched out the cover, and the colors.....i have a friend that is an artist and she is going to try and copy what i saw.....anyway if any of you would like me to describe the way the cover looked i would be glad to in another posting....anyway the reason i bring all this up is because i see all of the postings about the rapture being very soon....which of course is so awesome if it were to happen now....but what about the book? because it isnt published yet.....my son thought maybe the Lord just wanted to see if i would obey HIM and maybe He showed me the cover so i could see what it would have looked like.....so what do you guys all think???????????

Email: slalanis@live.com

Re: I need input on this one

Dearest Sue - I love being part of your family here at RITA too! To answer your question - ALWAYS do what the Lord tells you to do. Jesus will give you the means by which to do it - ALWAYS!!! Love you Sue! Can't wait to read your book! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Sue...

I totally get this one.

I have many, many unfinished creative projects.

I'd say keep working on it while you're still here. You can get a book packaged in a .pdf online form in just a few days. It is much more practical, and way easier to get to a mass audience these days.

I do think many projects like this will be completed on the other side. Creativity here is just the beginning.

But, we must occupy until He comes.

With a complete vision like that, you & your illustrator friend should be able to knock it out rather quickly.

Maybe you can package it up in .pdf form to get it online this week or next. It would be helpful in that form to show a publisher, as well.

That way, you can leave the story of your life for others to read very soon.

And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said to them, "Occupy till I come." Lk 19

This is the first thing that came to me ~ just meaning that we all are doing what the Lord has given us until the moment He comes'

And.........

Sue to Rita

Praise the Lord,
That was great council.From both of you.
MsVictor & TN Dove
Have a great day in the Lord.

Kolleen
And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said to them, "Occupy till I come." Lk 19

This is the first thing that came to me ~ just meaning that we all are doing what the Lord has given us until the moment He comes'

And.........

Sue to Rita

Kolleen that is what came to me too...I jsut picked up more business and I wondered why too..but it is keeping me busy and I am serving...

Sue,

My thoughts here are that you have been acting in complete obedience and this is what He so desires. Perhaps if it not published by the time the Lord comes someone else you know who will remain here will publish it. Keep working on it and place it where others can see it.

GOD BLESS...Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

How neat Joyful Susan ~ after this month if we are not raptured, I will be asking the Lord for work, definitely! I'm glad it has picked up for you till then

Welcome, Sue Alanis! I would LOVE to read a description of the book cover. I think the pdf. book format is a GREAT idea! If you do publish an ebook, you will probably want a book cover done w/ graphic art.

hi char, i am going to try my best here and describe for you what the cover of my book will look like....and this is all from God....not from me in anyway....ok, first of all picture the cover of the book with the main layer being made up of stones, actually it would look just like the wailing wall in Jerusalem...the coloring is sand tones and in some places in the cornerings of the stones, there is darker shades, possibly in shadowings and moss....ok that is the base of the cover.....now as you look at this, then picture a rectangular shape placed centered in the upper half of the book....the longest sides of the rectangular shape is going lengthwise up and down.....it is not a real big rectangle.....ok so now we have the rectangle....now in the rectangle on the left hand side of it is a shepherd ....we see him from the side view....he is dressed in a light colored garment of old...with the baggy sleeves....he has his hood up on his head partially...the side of his face is non-discrept, so his face must not have been that important.....and with his hands he is holding and blowing on a shofar...the shofars color is a light shade of beige, and it is in the shape of a half circle bending backwards....ok....now the background in this rectangle is wine colored...but a reddish wine color, not a brilliant red...like a soft reddish wine......now along the sides of this rectangle is like a gold framing...all the way around....like a picture frame....only it is not a solid gold color...it is of different shades of golds, and also at intervals ever so small and tiny are tiny clusters almost of grapes...but they are so tiny they blend into the gold frame....you can barely detect them....but they ever so gently blend into the wine coloring of the base of the rectangle....ok now for under this rectangle....they are the words of the name of this book....the words are "THE TIME IS NOW".....now the words themselves are stretched downwards, like someone just taking a rubberband on each letter....the color of the letters was a darker shade, dark brown......my eye was just mainly focused on how stretched the letters were....well i hope you can picture this....i hope i have described it ok....you see i can still see it...it couldnt have been before my eyes more than seconds so i am surprised i could remember such detail...it was almost like it was burned into my memory....well so there you go.......whew!!!!

Welcome Sue,

My thoughts repeat Virginia's. The Lord works in mysterious ways. If He wants the book published, then somehow, some way it will happen!

VC

Okay Sue, this is probably way off (you can tell me- it's okay :) I just did this for fun, as it's something I enjoy. Thought you would get a kick out of this (attempt) to match your description.

God bless!
~Char

Great Job Sister Charity!

wow char you are close!!!! very close....but the stones were somewhat smaller....so if it was shown at a farther away view that would be very close...i am just honored that you would take the time...how awesome and sweet of you honey!!! anyway to get back....the shepherd's facial features werent really that visible, but still....Jesus is good...ha ha...and the shepherd was standing closer to the side of the frame, and there wasnt any sheep...he didnt have the darker shawl....and the wine color of the rectangle was darker...very very very rich....also the gold frame was not edged it was just flat, but muted tones of gold...the tiny clusters of grapes you had were too big and they were all gold in my vision....also the words "the time is now" they were stretched a lot more.....but hey i dont know how you guys even do things on the computer like that...i am so very honored dear one for taking the time.....thanks so much...makes me cry...thanks...love you sweetie.... just wanted to add a bit more...the gold framing around the rectangle very softly and gently blended into the rich wine color of the rectangle....i can see it , that is about as good as i can describe it...it still amazes me that i can see it so clearly....thanks again dear one and God bless you!!

Char, i just had to post again because your thoughtfullness in trying to capture my bookcover has made me cry...seriously i have been crying because you so touched my heart....it is the only picture in color i have of my vision, and even though it isnt exactly the way i saw it i treasure that you did that for me....and i am so computer illiterate but my son saved that for me on a file on my computer...somewhere...ha ha....so at least maybe i can print that off and show it to my friend who was going to paint it in color and this way i can show her this and that etc....my sketch that i had was so childish....so anyway my heartfelt thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue, you are so welcome! I knew I would have needed you right beside me, explaining everything step-by-step...but I thought maybe it could be useful anyway, to at least have an in-color visual! I am touched that you cried over it- wow!

Blessings on you, beloved of God. I'm sure we will meet soon & very soon!!!

Love, Char

That is a great first attempt Charity!

Sue - Your description of your book cover is very thorough and easy to see in my minds eye!

One Sunday my former pastor had us kneel in service at our chairs. Totally apart from the reason we were kneeling and praying, a picture of a flag flashed in my mind that I thought was beautiful.

I drew it out and then made it in gold and white, with glitter for accent and white and gold ribbons at it's top. The Lord must have wanted it for His glory to have just planted that before my minds eye. It was something I treasure.

Blessings on your book and cover - what He begins He will finish....unless He raptures us first. (I told Him I would like to take my flag, along with my cat!!)

charity i have an idea....you have to tell me if it is feasible....if i dont hear from you from this post i will have to reach you elsewhere....but how about the possibility of you trying to do the cover of the book, bit by bit....on here....it would be awesome if bit by bit we could do it here....that way when the book is published you can be the book cover illustrator....and what a better forum to do this than here in the midst of our brothers and sisters in Christ watching...well let me know about this...what do you think?

Hi sue, I would be willing to do this with you, but is your friend planning on painting it? Well, it sounds like a fun project to work on together, if you want.
I'm still learning a lot, but I think I would be able to do what you've described...(hopefully). But whatever you would rather. I'm sure your friend paints beautifully!

We can dialogue via email. My email is:

jakeandcharity@gmail.com

I could send you samples of the parts of the cover, and you could tell me what I need to change about them, etc.

Love, Char

Char , you made my day....all night long and i do mean ALL night long this book cover kept coming to my thoughts and that i had to have you do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i could hardly wait to get on the computer this morning to ask you....i wrote down your email and will get in touch with you now....i honestly feel the Lord wants YOU to do this....my friend Kathy is always so busy...and her sisters 3 year old grandson just died so she has a lot to deal with right now...God knew this and HE wants this book done...right from the beginning i sensed such an urgency about this.....but i will be in touch with you and thanks so much...we will accomplish it and then show it to all our friends here and then they will see how the Lord works...and then it will be published...ha ha isnt GOD great....well thanks again...GOD bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple questions, Sue. Did you see the full length of the man? And did it look like a photo or a painting? Was his face turned a bit towards you, or was he looking away, or was it a perfect profile?

Wow, God really is amazing!!! Ha ha ha! I kept thinking about it, too! It's funny, 'cause I was really just doing it as a kind of "welcome" for you, but now I want to really get it right!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's sister's grandson. How sad. Hopefully she'll be seeing him soon though...are they Christians?

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com