Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FRANKLIN GRAHAM DEFENDING HIMSELF

IT IS TOUGH AND UNPOPULAR NOW TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST ISLAM..HERE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF THAT

True Crime
SPONSORED BY: Safe Speech
The Rev. Franklin Graham says the expression of his religious opinion of Islam isn't really that divisive.

Chuck Burton / AP
The Rev. Franklin Graham was disinvited from an event at the Pentagon for his controversial statements.
By Jon Meacham and Lisa Miller | Newsweek Web Exclusive
May 5, 2010
Share: Facebook Digg (2)Tweet LinkedIn Buzz up! Tools: 97 Post Your Comment Print Email SPONSORED BY Email To A Friend Please fill in the following information and we'll email this link.

Your Email Address Recipient's Email Address
Separate multiple addresses with commas

SPONSORED BY
Franklin Graham, infuriated by his disinvitation from the National Day of Prayer ceremony at the Pentagon, went on a media tour earlier this week, arguing that he was being discriminated against for his Christian beliefs. He will pray Wednesday outside the Pentagon and at other locations throughout the nation's capital. NEWSWEEK editor Jon Meacham and religion editor Lisa Miller met with the son of the evangelist Billy Graham on Monday in NEWSWEEK's offices. Excerpts from their conversation:

GALLERY

Religious Leaders Worldwide
Filmmakers traveled to the centers of 12 major religions for 'In God's Name.'
Meacham: Would your sense of Christian humility not lead you to see the point of critics who say that, because of the things you have said [calling Islam "wicked" and "evil"], you could possibly be more divisive at a state-sponsored occasion than unifying?
Graham: Well, sure, someone can try to make that argument. But you have—what is it?—80 percent of America claims to be of the Christian faith. OK, so there may be 20 percent that may be offended, but it won't be 20 percent.
JM: I'm in the 80 percent, and I'm offended.
FG: That I mention Jesus Christ [in prayer]?
JM: No, sir, by what you said about Islam, because I think it's more divisive than unifying.
FG: Nine years ago I said it was wicked and evil.
JM: And you just repeated that here.
FG: No, I repeated what I said nine years ago.
JM: But you still believe it.
FG: Sure. But, again, I don't go out and speak about it. I just have to ask you: what they do to women, is that wicked or evil?
JM: I would go to the cross for your right to preach in almost any forum, in any way you want. But I also completely understand the argument that the point of a public religious service, to some extent, is to be as unifying as possible; the place for a sectarian argument is simply not there.
FG: I am who I am. I don't believe that you can get to heaven through being a Buddhist or Hindu. I think Muhammad only leads to the grave. Now, that's what I believe, and I don't apologize for my faith. And if it's divisive, I'm sorry. I think yelling "Allahu Akbar" as you're flying jet airplanes through buildings and killing 3,000 Americans—that was evil and it was wicked. And I've not heard one Islamic leader around the world stand up and say that was a terrible thing … If Catholics had flown into these buildings in the name of Catholicism, the pope would have been on TV that night denouncing them, saying this was wrong and what they did was sin. It would be nice if we could just all sit around and hold hands and sing "Kumbaya." It would be great, but that's not the world we live in.

SUBSCRIBE Click Here to subscribe to NEWSWEEK and save up to 88% >>
Amy Wiseman
Thu May 6 12:32:50 2010
Every week I look forward to your Newsweek column (and the rest of the magazine) in my mailbox. I find it incredibly sad that the day I finally get to see you speak (on the Daily Show) is the day Newsweek has been put up for sale.0
Need to Know on PBS
Thu May 6 10:28:04 2010
Did you catch Jon Meacham on The Daily Show last night? The full, unedited interview is available at http://www.thedailyshow.com/null
Joyce Kravitz
Thu May 6 05:54:48 2010
I want to invest in you. Please don't leave the little investor out of your plans.0
Need to Know on PBS
Wed May 5 15:07:09 2010
Our co-host Jon Meacham is scheduled to appear on The Daily Show TONIGHT! Tune in to Comedy Central or catch it tomorrow online.null
Newsweek
Mon May 3 14:55:26 2010
Check out Newsweek's Jon Meacham alongside Alison Stewart every Friday night nationwide on Need to Know on PBSnull
Scroll upScroll down
Become a Fan of Jon Meacham
DISCUSS ON FACEBOOK
Follow Newsweek on Twitterdoggyma
May 07 03:13
Newsweek: Cute Animals That Could Kill You http://bit.ly/dBPFei #newsweek #animals
jeremy_goldberg
May 07 03:10
RT
@washingtonpost
FS: weekly newsmagazine, 70 years history, multiple awards. Cash offers. Will also consider trade for jetski. #newsweek
greeney28
May 07 02:54
Okay, worst part of this #Newsweek business-what will happen to the great Fareed Zakaria? Yes, I know he's on CNN, but I need more.
RogerO_202
May 07 01:09
#Newsweek mag on sale by
@washingtonpost
. The demise of weekly news magazines
dforemanwv
May 07 00:40
RT
@theticker
: How about #craigslist? Should #thewashingtonpostco offer to sell #newsweek on craigslist?
PCJoelC
May 07 00:19
Newsweek: Media ignored Nashville flood. ??? Would have helped if the writer also Googled Tennessee flood. http://twurl.nl/gsvxim #newsweek
RJSchoenefeld
May 06 23:26
The #CoffeeParty Heats Up. http://bit.ly/cvFZ7a. Source: Steve Tuttle - #Newsweek #news #politics #unitedstates
ChristopherBudd
May 06 23:13
This is worth a read #media #newsweek RT
@laermer
: Here's why Newsweek is dying. ("News/Weak") http://bit.ly/bRuIX0
ianpocock
May 06 22:44
RT
@ianpocock
: I am starting my own campaign here and now to find someone to buy #Newsweek - anyone got $1? http://bit.ly/cvWYkG
MelanieKV
May 06 22:41
I wish #GeorgeSoros would buy #Newsweek and turn it into a liberal rag!
Scroll upScroll down
Hashtag: #newsweek

JM: Do you believe that Christianity is under siege?
FG: Oh, yeah.
JM: I think we are an incredibly hospitable country—
FG: We are.
JM: —to all faiths.
FG: We are, no question—

JM: I think that's a good thing. I don't know that you do.
FG: Of course I think it's a good thing. And when the Muslims wanted to celebrate Ramadan at the Pentagon, I didn't write a letter and voice objections even though I strongly disagree with their religion. And the practices of their religion I think are violent against not only minorities, but [also] to themselves and to women. But I didn't say anything. I'm not one to make an issue about it. And when they want to have their prayer service on Capitol Hill, on public property, supported by the Obama administration, I didn't write a letter to my senators and congressmen. But why can't we as Christians have our own program?

Miller: Forgive me, but you're not being disinvited because you're Christian.
FG: I'm being disinvited because of my faith and what I believe.
LM: You're being disinvited because of things you've said about the Muslim faith.
FG: Which is my faith, which is what I believe.
JM: I understand the principle. You're arguing religious freedom—that your liberties have been abridged by this disinvitation.
FG: I think the Obama administration better be careful. Millions of evangelical Christians voted for him in the last election.

JM: Are you suggesting that the Obama administration is soft on Islam?
FG: I think the whole nation is soft on it. You have to go back to the Bush administration—I think they were soft on it, and I think this administration is too. No question. And there's still the concern with many people about what Obama really believes. Obama's father was a Muslim, so the Islamic world sees him as a Muslim. Now, he has told me personally that he believes in Jesus Christ, and he is a Christian. He said that to me again last week. And I said, "Mr. President, thank you for sharing that with me, I appreciate that." So I believe what he says. The Islamic world, though, they see him as one of their own. So if the president and his administration wants to cut guys like myself out, that's fine. But it's just sending a signal to the evangelical community that, you know, our people aren't important to him.

© 2010

Email: steffiefree@rogers.com

Re: FRANKLIN GRAHAM DEFENDING HIMSELF

wow this is good thanks for posting it steph....

Didn't Perry Stone,
Mention that there would be repercushions.
From Jesus?????????????
Because of the treatment,not only to Mr.Graham.
But also because of the treatment to BB.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Star
Didn't Perry Stone,
Mention that there would be repercushions.
From Jesus?????????????
Because of the treatment,not only to Mr.Graham.
But also because of the treatment to BB.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't gotten to watch PStone since I got rid of DirecTV.. But I believe Obama's days are limited by his actions against the leader of Israel and of Israel itself..

Also by this action against FGraham, I'm hoping that more Americans get the picture of what Obama is.. Not only a liar, he is a muslim.. A Christian would NOT be bowing down at Ramadan services with those muslims if he was not one..

If you were a Christian in the White House would you invite Muslims into the White House to profane it with their brand of sacrilegious religion, mercy killings, suicide bombers, wife murders; of course you wouldn't...

He's a wolf in sheep's clothing and the American citizen is getting fed up with him, excluding the brain dead liberal minds..

The only way Obama is going to hold onto power is we leave in the rapture soon..

If the rapture happens when we think it does, this will leave the liberal scum left here along with those wailing and gnashing of teeth..

Can you imagine how happy those liberals will be when all those troble making Christians are gone... LOL

Remember we are the restrainers at the moment..

Joseph

AMEN!!! brother, Joseph!!! I couldn't agree w/ya' more!!!

SNC

Yep, you're right Joseph - I cannot imagine this world when the Christians are gone.

Good points, guys . . if Obama's gone, and we're still here, church/watchers, B.O. has at least paved the way for ac's arrival . . . Either way, we're close for our departure!!!

I'm so happy Frankin is standing up for his beliefs like this!! After how soft Billy had been getting towards his faith, it's so good to see his son taking such a firm stance! Praise the Lord!!!

Franklin is so strong , intelligent and wise !
He is not soft-soaping this at all , but laying it out as it should be .
His stance is "anti-political correctness" which has become a new religion in this country and around the world .
Onward Christian soldier !!!

And there's still the concern with many people about what Obama really believes. Obama's father was a Muslim, so the Islamic world sees him as a Muslim. Now, he has told me personally that he believes in Jesus Christ, and he is a Christian. He said that to me again last week. And I said, "Mr. President, thank you for sharing that with me, I appreciate that." So I believe what he says.

I don't think that Franklin Graham would say this unless he believes it! Franklin is painfully honest! I believe it too!

Melissa
And there's still the concern with many people about what Obama really believes. Obama's father was a Muslim, so the Islamic world sees him as a Muslim. Now, he has told me personally that he believes in Jesus Christ, and he is a Christian. He said that to me again last week. And I said, "Mr. President, thank you for sharing that with me, I appreciate that." So I believe what he says.

I don't think that Franklin Graham would say this unless he believes it! Franklin is painfully honest! I believe it too!

Melissa I have to agree with you on this :) After all he spoke to him personally...thats a pretty amazing statement...

Amazing , yes . But if Graham said it then it is valid .That surprises me , certainly it brings HOPE that he is waking up .....
wouldn't it be the turn-around of the century if Obama abandoned the NWO and all of it's advocates and went the way of The Kingdom with The Lord .
LORD LET IT BE !!!
except for the GRACE OF GOD IN CHRIST there go I !!

J Sue, It really is and I wonder if BO is aware of the rapture! Maybe that is why the French pres said he was crazy! He may have attempted to witness?!

Amen Bonnie!

Diane C
I'm so happy Frankin is standing up for his beliefs like this!! After how soft Billy had been getting towards his faith, it's so good to see his son taking such a firm stance! Praise the Lord!!!

Yes, sad but true. I believe he gets off easy because he's "Billy Graham"; but he should be held to the same standard as Joel Osteen and Robert Schueller.
I posted a video where John mcArthur pointed this out (but a thread was once closed down and I guess we're treading on thin ice). It doesn't mean we are mean-spirited or we don't love him.

How can B.O. honor his ways and policies so against the ways of Jesus Christ, and call himself a Christian?

sounds like James 1:8 applies.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways".

His Stephanie . . Not sure if you read my earlier post , . I'm requesting that posters eliminate caps in their titles, that way no one post appears too glaring among the rest who follow the guidelines . . thanks, . .

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com