Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Paul: Suffering with Sciatica

Dear Paul, you may have not seen this response to you from Patti in Texas on Star's thread yesterday about what to do about sciatica pain, so I wanted to make sure you got her advice.

Patti in Texas
Dear Paul,

Listen, I have had sciatica (spelling) and I feel for you, it is such a constant wearing pain.

Then, a lady I know showed me how to make it go away, in the church bathroom of all places. She said she couldn't explain it to me and that she would get on the floor and show me. But since she was in her late 70's I laid down.

What she had me do is grab the knee of the side that hurt and wrap my arms around the knee with the sore hip and draw it up towards the ear on the opposite side while bending that ear towards the knee.

She said it would hurt but to hold that position for as long as I could, like maybe a minute and do it a couple of times a day until the pain was gone. I only did it twice a day for two days and it was finally gone after a couple of weeks of pain.

All I can figure is that nerve gets pinched and this movement unpinched it.

It worked for me, hope it works for you.

YSIC,
Patti in Texas

Re: To Paul: Suffering with Sciatica

Lisa thank you.
Paul I pray that this will help you.
I have not tried it yet.But have a good feeling
that this will work.

i get this also , it brings me to me to my knees and even makes it hard to breathe... It will come out of no where for no reason.

Paul, I too have suffered sciatica. Oh, I feel for you brother!
Star, do you have it too?

Well, the Lord healed me so I don't have any "practical tips", except for perhaps the most practical one of them all-LOL: Cry out to God, let Him put you into a deep restful sleep, and trust Him to heal you in your sleep.

I'll be praying for you brother!

Paul, I know what you are going through for I too have suffered with it..I found that what helped me was going to a Chiropracter...also had some Physical Therapy...watched what I ate...took annacin to ward off the pain and had to be very patient as it takes time to recover. I found as I slowly recovered I started taking short walks and this strengthened my whole body and of course lots of prayer.

Father, I pray that you will heal Pauls' problem and take away the pain. Speak words of peace and comfort him as he goes through this trial for that is what it truly is..Nothing so painful as this can be. Paul, The Lord is saying, "this too will pass"..hold on to those words.

His Blessings..Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

Oh my....sciatica is so painful. I was bedridden for a month solid last year because of it. I had never had it before and was amazed at how painful it was. Sometimes I would gasp to breath. No fun.

I looked online for sciatica exercises and did those. It took awhile but they really helped. I put a heat pad on my hip every night and that really helped a lot. Some say ice but that about killed me. Heat loosened me up and let me move around.

You are in my prayers Paul!

Paul I had problems with my sciatica nerve for a while when I had the spasm which lasted until I had it adjusted!

It would hit me every six or so months apart! But that was before I started getting my back adjusted at the Library with these firm flexable wooden backed chairs!!

I now just arch my back and put some pressure in the middle of my back on the top edge of the chair back until I get it to pop or move back into place again!!

This usually keeps the nerve going down my leg from being pinched by my back being out!!!

I don't know if it works for everybody but I do not have sciatica anymore!!!

Yes I do,
From when we were moveing.The steps had
just been moved away fro the 5th wheel.
I forgot about the steps being moved about
2ft,away.I was not paying attention.Cause
I was on my way to get another box.
When I feel out.My stomach and both thigns
hit the edge of the steps.My left knee went
the side of the steps.And my right leg went
under the 5th whl.Knocked my air out of me.
You get the picture.
So now if I'm going to do any activity.I
need to stretch and now I'll do this to.
Thanks again
Ps. My husband had just told me the steps
were moved.So it was my own fault.

Wow, thanks Patti dear Sis, Lisaleenie and everyone else.

Great information here.

Yeah I only mentioned this briefly yesterday, as it has been getting worse lately. Feels like a knife going down your legs.

Patti, I will try what you said firstly, as I am a big girl when it comes to going to a doctor, LOL.

My problem is very minor to what some here are facing with health issues, so please do not worry.

Thank you my beautiful brothers and sisters

ybiC / Paul

This vessel tried that exercise.
Praise the Lord it works.
Going to take some getting used to tho.
Lord please bless this exercise to work for
your son Paul.
In JESUS name

Praise God that worked for you, Star!! I've had sciatia myself, and the pain is so bad, you either feel like screaming out in pain or crying.

If I ever have that again, I am definitely going to do that exercise.

P.S. But I have faith that Jesus will come before that ever happens again!!

I've got some degenerated disks, and experience sciatica nearly every day. I still try to walk a couple of miles daily, anyway, and have started to do this exercise to help ease the pain. In fact, this weekend I've been on my feet and walking around for hours, climbing on risers,etc - stopping to do this stretching really helped me keep going.

Thanks!

Email: kate5525@aol.com

Hi Paul....your friendly neighborhood chiropractor assistant here.

When the chiropractor I worked for saw a patient with sciatic nerve inflammation he recommended using ice packs directly on the inflamed nerve area. The process is 20 minutes on the affected area and 20 minutes off of the affected area. Nothing brings down inflammation and pain like a ice pack. Any over the counter cooling gels, ( not heat gels like Bengay, etc) But cooling gels help in between ice pack treatments. Once you get the swelling and inflammation down the nerve will start to return to normal and your pain will fade away.

In His Love....................Lynn

Email: ljpoohbunny@insightbb.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com