Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Great Description of the 10 Virgins

Many had us have discussed what the 10 virgins parable meant. Well I just heard a great explanation that I wanted to share with you.
Many say that the 5 foolish virgins were unsaved, however they were saved, they were robbed in white, they heard the announcement of the bridegroom returning but they were not the bride. They were the bridal party, they were part of the kingdom, they didn't miss out on heaven, but they were not the bride of christ. There will be guests at the wedding because remember he said Abraham, Issac, & Jacob are gonna be in there & you will be on the outside looking in. You have to want to be the bride. You have to seek after him and desire to have that relationship with him. Many people are content with being saved and just think they don't need to do anything else and go on with their ordinary life. We are sanctified & set apart for him so now we have to seek him. He's desiring that & waiting for us to seek him & want him above everything & everyone else. So many distractions nowadays want to keep us from seeking him, such as computers, internet, jobs, family, and just plain busyness of life. We need to choose to spend time with him & seek him. Many of our fellow watchers on Rita have chosen to do that in this late hour and turn off their computers, tv's, and such in order to prepare for their bridegroom. I believe they are being wise as the wise virgins were! I will heed this warning myself and prepare for the bridegroom!

Re: A Great Description of the 10 Virgins

What do you all think about this description of the 10 virgins?

I think what you wrote is great and is the truth.
You have a heart for the Lord Darlene and it shows.
Amen Sis.

Q. Re: The parable of the 10 virgins. At the risk of beating an issue to death I have question about this parable. In reading different Bible translations for Matt. 25:10 sometimes marriage is used and others wedding banquet or wedding feast. I am a bit confused since going to the marriage is completely different than going to the feast. One way indicates the marriage is still to be and the feast indicates the marriage has taken place. In my view that changes the meaning quite a bit. If the “marriage” is a reference to the rapture this parable could be about that. If “feast” is used your view of this parable describing end of tribulation events makes more sense. Can you enlighten me as to the more correct translation?

A. In a general sense the Greek word in Matt. 25:10 can be translated marriage, but it specifically refers to the marriage feast (or wedding banquet). But there are lots of other problems trying to make this about the Church. First, like all the parables of Matt. 24-25 the timing is after the 2nd coming, not just at the end of the Tribulation. If it’s about the Church that would mean there’s no rapture.

Then, to believe it’s about the Church you have to accept that some will be admitted into the Kingdom while others will not. This means some will have exhausted their supply of the Holy Spirit (Oil), and therefore lost their salvation, while waiting for the Lord’s return. This contradicts Paul’s promise that the Holy Spirit was sealed within us at the time of belief as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance (Ephes. 1:13-14), of which our marriage to the Lord is a major component.

And finally in no translation of the parable are these 10 women ever referred to as the bride. They’re either called virgins or bridesmaids. In fact the Greek word used here is parthenos, which simply means virgin. The Greek word for bride is nymphe. These women do not represent the Bride of Christ.

Great study Josh

YBIC

Randy

The Watcher
Great study Josh

YBIC

Randy

I agree!!!

Tammy (SNC)

I like the whole idea of it, but like everything else new, should you trust it.

I can see the value of wanting to seek the Lord, after all, the bride groom has talked to his father about getting a bride, anticipation, then someone was choosen to be the bride, a really really good deal, more anticipation, then he busts his hump for a year to build a house under the suppervision of the father, wondering when and if it will occur, angst, all the time wondering what the bride is doing and hearing reports and rumors, oh, and the sufferring of being nailed to a cross, separation, pain, torture, fear, ridicule, then there is the cost of all this, the house materials, the sweat by which they came across the money, from which they worked and saved for to even begin the project.

To this day when I worked in the middle east, you see lots of Arab people in the airports, the men at around 50 have a wife around 25 and usually a couple of children running around about 3 or five years old, the men had to save up about 8 dollars a day which is what the average wage is, and over many years wait to afford to build a house usually above the parents house or added on to, then when they can afford it they go out and pay for the bride, and gold, lots of gold must be given to the bride.

Yeah I think we can humble ourselves and seek the bridegroom, He is going to change us in the twinkling of an eye and all things will be made new, so why sweat it now?

It's just a little appreciation, humility, thankfulness, empathy...love?

Josh
In fact the Greek word used here is parthenos, which simply means virgin. The Greek word for bride is nymphe. These women do not represent the Bride of Christ.

You learn something new every day. Thanks, Josh.

I wonder which one of the ten virgins was the bride?

Let´s see what we can find in the Greek -Text. A common but false alternative exegesis is that the Greek word, which is translated to “virgin” should be translated to “bridesmaid”. That would be faulty. There a 3 words in Greek related to the state of a women.

parthenos = virgin (used for both male/female)

nymphe = bride

paranymphos = bridesmaid

The word used in Mt 25 is the first one: parthenos. Neither of the two other words are found anywhere in the Gospels or epistles referring to the Church or to the bridegroom . The explanation why the word nymphe isn´t used in the Greek Text within this passage is very simple. It would not describe the right state of the Church at this point (pre-raptured). The state “pre-married although already engaged” equals virgin (parthenos). She (the chosen bride) will remain in this state (virgin) until the marriage is executed.

Melanie
Let´s see what we can find in the Greek -Text. A common but false alternative exegesis is that the Greek word, which is translated to “virgin” should be translated to “bridesmaid”. That would be faulty. There a 3 words in Greek related to the state of a women.

nymphe = bride

paranymphos = bridesmaid

The word used in Mt 25 is the first one: parthenos. Neither of the two other words are found anywhere in the Gospels or epistles referring to the Church or to the bridegroom . The explanation why the word nymphe isn´t used in the Greek Text within this passage is very simple. It would not describe the right state of the Church at this point (pre-raptured). The state “pre-married although already engaged” equals virgin (parthenos). She (the chosen bride) will remain in this state (virgin) until the marriage is executed.

Thanks, Mel.

BRAVO MELANIE. THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE GIRL.

OK, OK, I get it....the ten virgins represent the church and are waiting for the groom to come and take them as guest to the wedding. But some of the virgins do not have any oil in their lamps, so they can't go. meaning about half of the church will not be RAPTURED to attend the wedding supper of the Lamb. Where The Lamb and bride are united. The bride being the New Jerusalem according to Revelations 21:9 and 10.

Wow Mel, very impressive, you are a blessing to me.

YBIC
Randy

Melanie

nymphe = bride

paranymphos = bridesmaid

Please forgive me~ just looked on here again after being gone and saw that the link from which this came didn't get put on, which I meant to! I didn't write this (I'm not that smart! )

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/may2010/thomask55.htm

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com