<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Do you often smell that fire smell in your house, but there's no fire anywhere?

Do you often smell that fire smell in your house, although there's no fire anywhere?

I'm asking, b/c I now ham smelling that strong fire smell in the room with me as I type this.

I learned somewhere on TBN that someone talked about the source of where that smell comes from. It comes from God.

So, with that thought in mind, what do YOU think is going on here?

Tammy

Re: Do you often smell that fire smell in your house, but there's no fire anywhere?

SisterNChrist,

I recently smelled a odor like something burning/burnt by fire a couple of times this year on the first floor of our house. Each time I looked around to try to find the source. I couldn't find it. I checked the fireplace, which we have not used since we moved into the house in July, 1999, but it wasn't coming from there. Strange.
I don't know whether it was good or bad.

DebinMD

Email: colbydm@erols.com

Re: Do you often smell that fire smell in your house, but there's no fire anywhere?

This is so strange....Honestly, I have been smelling the smell of smoke for several years now in my bedroom, especially when Im trying to sleep.

Ive looked and looked and could not find it. Told my husband about it, and he looked, then decided I was just smelling something no one else could or I was just strange! lol.

What exactly did they say on TBN was the reason we smell this?

Email: iampriceles@aol.com

Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!! I almost fell over when I saw this post!!!

For the last several weeks my cat has been standing on the edge of my bed each night sniffing into a corner of the bedroom at the air...... YET THERE IS NOTHING THERE THAT I CAN SEE!!! He doesn't seem bothered but his ears do go back and he is very curious. In that same area of the room he has been trying to climb up a bookcase that has Jesus' picture on the top shelf.

Last Sunday night I was reading a book on the martyrs and how several were burned at the stake for refusing to renounce Christ. All of a sudden I could smell smoke and what seemed to be a musty odor of burnt clothing mixed with a faint scent of burning flesh in my room!!!! It was very distinct. My cat started to go crazy! I wasn't sure what it was so I prayed and he calmed down. A sense of peace came over me but I had to sleep elsewhere for two days.The scent is gone now.

One other thing - that Sunday evening I clearly heard the Lord say, "You will go through the fire. You will be tested by fire." I am not sure what He meant by this but I believe it is not about harm that will come to me. Perhaps the soon to come Bema Seat where works tested by fire as the Bible says? Not sure!?!?

Something recently happened where a family member who claimed to be a born again Christian married an atheist and I refused to attend the wedding. Haven't experienced the fall out of that yet but certain it's coming. Not sure if this is what He was referring to or
not.

If anyone has any info on what this is about or thought about this please post!!!!! I am at a complete loss. This has never happened to me before. Thanks!

FAITH

SisterNChrist
Do you often smell that fire smell in your house, although there's no fire anywhere?

Tammy

Only if I have beans for supper..

But I have had a sense of smelling Roses a few times in years past.. Those years were when I was in very serious pain from an operation..

I'd be setting and all of a sudden I'd smell this wonderful smell.. I'm thinking did the wife get something new.. I'd go to her bathroom and smell around, but nothing would be there .. It was just by me where I was sitting... That happened 3-4 times ..

Last few years it's been mostly my armpits...LOL

Joseph

The Lord has made me to understand that fire is coming to the earth. It will be a cleansing fire for those who are humble and a fire of judgment and destruction for those who are haughty and prideful.

I've been smelling it too. Sometimes real strong. For at least a year now.

D. Boyter

I pray it's a cleansing fire for the humble and not the fire of judgment!!!!!

RJ, perhaps you need a bit of this for your armpits as well!!!! We can't have you meeting the King of kings and Lord of lords smelling up the throne room of God!!!! LOL

Looking for my Bible for answers to this fiery smell I kept smelling, I found the following:

Malachi 3:2 (NKJV)~ But who can endure the day of His coming?
And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire, and like a launderers' soap.

Then, there is this:

Matthew 3:11-12 (NKJV) ~ I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

+++++

Matt. 3:12 sounds like the Rapture to me, does it sound same to you?

Tammy

I too have smelled smoke in my house from time to time. No one else ever noticed it.
I would go outside to see if any BBQ or fireplaces were going in near by houses. Nada!

SisterInChrist,

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! He gave me and Farm Girl that verse about three weeks ago!!!! Maybe this is a confirmation that the rapture is during the WHEAT harvest at Pentecost!!!! Oh, I pray!!!! Come Lord Jesus!!!! Come!!!

YSIC..... FAITH

FAITH
SisterInChrist,

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! He gave me and Farm Girl that verse about three weeks ago!!!! Maybe this is a confirmation that the rapture is during the WHEAT harvest at Pentecost!!!! Oh, I pray!!!! Come Lord Jesus!!!! Come!!!

YSIC..... FAITH

My dear sister, Faith, I surely hope 'n' so!!!

Tammy

I always smell something burning. Now this is freaking me out.

I also smell fire outside..smells like fireplaces or barbecues weird huh? I wonder why?

Sarah
I also smell fire outside..smells like fireplaces or barbecues weird huh? I wonder why?

Sarah, nothing like any of the things in you above post was burning. This came from within my house for which nothing was burning. So therefore--it had to be spiritual, in a Biblical way.

Tammy

Wow... You won't believe this.. Within a few minutes after I posted the humorous side of me above, I had this strange smell hit me.. (I thought about posting this sooner, but decided to get out and put my birds up for the night)..

I thought, hmmm... that could be almost like smoke, but it's more of a different smell than smoke.. And btw, it wasn't my armpits that time...LOL

But yeah, if that's the smell, then I have had that hit me a few times in the last few months.. But when I smelled it before, I didn't relate it to Jesus in anyway because of the uniqueness of the smell... The sweet rose smell before, I thought possibly were angels or Jesus near.. But this smell I had no ideal what or where it was coming from..

Now after this hit me again right after reading this, I know what you're talking about...

I did notice it each time I smelled it, but again I did not even think anything about it be from the Heavenly realm..

I am really glad that you mentioned this now, since it got my attention.. WOW

Jesus moves in a wonderful way, doesn't he..

Joseph

SisterNChrist..when I smelled it nothing was burning in fact nobody was around ..but you are right..it was outside..not inside..

RJ
Wow... You won't believe this.. Within a few minutes after I posted the humorous side of me above, I had this strange smell hit me.. (I thought about posting this sooner, but decided to get out and put my birds up for the night)..

I thought, hmmm... that could be almost like smoke, but it's more of a different smell than smoke.. And btw, it wasn't my armpits that time...LOL

But yeah, if that's the smell, then I have had that hit me a few times in the last few months.. But when I smelled it before, I didn't relate it to Jesus in anyway because of the uniqueness of the smell... The sweet rose smell before, I thought possibly were angels or Jesus near.. But this smell I had no ideal what or where it was coming from..

Now after this hit me again right after reading this, I know what you're talking about...

I did notice it each time I smelled it, but again I did not even think anything about it be from the Heavenly realm..

I am really glad that you mentioned this now, since it got my attention.. WOW

Jesus moves in a wonderful way, doesn't he..

Joseph

He certainly does, Joseph, He certainly does.

Tammy

Wow, so glad you brought this up! For years I have smelled a smokiness right at the entrance to my young daughter's room, nowhere else in the house, nowhere else in her room, and nobody else can smell it.

I've been at a loss, wondering if it was spiritual and wondering if it was from God.

There has been some poltergeist activity in her room, so bcs of this I always say a special prayer at her bedtime, and when I do this, the activity stops, but the smoky smell remains!

My experience with smelling a burnt or fire smell in a house has been demon activity. Sometimes attracted to some demonic symbals...like a Ying Yang symbal or something like that.

Nimbus, I believe what you've been smelling is a demon. We got an unidentifiable smoky smell from in our house just the other day...not sure what that was all about...

But oftentimes in the girls' room, we will smell a yucky sulferic smell. We know this is from demons, because after we tell 'whatever' is causing the smell to GO & BE GONE IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHIST, it usually immediately dissipates. My girls have also seen 'scary faces' in the corner of the room and been 'pestered' by demons in their sleep, etc. We must keep on fighting the evil one with the authority the Lord has given us...until the devil is finally LOCKED UP IN THAT BURNING LAKE OF BRIMSTONE FOREVER!!! I can't WAIT for that day.

CJ,

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!

He's coming at Pentecost!!!!!! He has to be!!!!!

Come, Lord, Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi SisterNChrist and to all I've been out of the house all day but I did want to get back with you on this. This is a gift of discernment. The smells of smoke mean different things depending on what it smells like. I'll share with you the info that I have. If it smells like campfire it means counsel of God-wisdom. Hang out with God. If its a woodsmoke smell it means burning cleansing. Absolutely if it is sulfur it is a demon. Ask for wisdom. I don't know if you've ever heard of a woman named Kathy Walters. A very godly scottish woman. She had an aroma list out at one time. It might be in one of her books I'm not sure though. This gift is indispensable when going to battle against the enemy ect... holy spirit has been my guide. I don't have anyone at all to discuss this with (would be nice) but the Lord he's the only one who needs to know anyways. I work for the King of Kings. I respect everyone's walk with the Lord or least I try really hard. We're all at different levels doing what the Lord calls each of us to do. Fragrances, smells are all over the bible just have to dig and dig and dig. Hope this helps.

Email: Becky98823@yahoo.com

My burning smell has been either a sweet aromic/or wood-type smell. If that tells you anything.

Also, Joseph, I too, have been smelling that Rose-type of smell in my house as well. The last time I smelled it, was at my patio door.

Tammy

Hi Tammy hmm its really hard to say with the wood. I have smelled it too along with a lot of other wood type burning aromas. I would ask for wisdom on that one. Its difficult. It is a good aroma though and definitely from the Lord. I've been learning as the spirit leads me. The rose fragrance means Jesus sweetheart (ah amoire') These fragrances, aromas are from heaven. Their meant to comfort, encourage, spiritual warfare, ect... to lead you as to what to do, how to pray what to pray for ect... Angels smell heavenly and of course demons are going to smell of hell. People don't like to talk about this because it is well unusual. Their not imagining it its real. But its like anything else thats super natural. The bible is unusual, God's world is unusual. Hope this helps. Kind of like words of knowledge. Sometimes being able to discern a spirit can stop a life or death situation or serious injury. Thats when it gets really tense. You can pray for people without them even knowing it like at walmart, ect... because of an aroma. The Lord is awesommmmmmmme! hope this helps. I'm a student though. I don't know if I'll have time to graduate here on earth Billy Graham used to say probably still does that he's always learning from the Lord. Love that man! Anyways, I hope this helps you.

During the past several days, my wife has been saying that she has been smelling the smell of burnt tortillas on her side of our bedroom, when we try to get to sleep. Yet I can't smell anything.

Several months ago, I was smelling what smelled like cigarette smoke on my side, it made it very difficult to get to sleep. In this case, my wife was unable to smell anything.

Since reading this thread, it makes me pray that we will be out of here very soon.

YES! YES! YES! Smell fire almost every night......it's coming from the fireplace across the street!!!!

Email: sweetbyandbyx2@yahoo.com

I smell something burning every so often that is not coming from outside. I always blame it on old wiring in the house , but maybe next time I will pay more attention.

Seriously though, if someone is smelling burning in the house all the time, they probably should have their wiring checked. It can be dangerous

as 7Butterflies said Kathy Walters has some ideas as to what aromas are and here is her list for some of them..

Aroma's List
Aroma's List
Alcohol - spirit. Someone needs deliverance
Aloe - healing/comfort
Almonds - Authority - Gods choice
Amber - throne - invitation from God
Ammonia - cleanse
Ants = new trails
Apples = beloved’s breath smells like sweet apples - freedom
Ashes - burnt up, now clean

Baby powder - comfort
Bananas = Gentleness
Barbeque = Rhema word

Barley - Harvest
Blackberry - cleansing
Bread - fresh word
Bubble gum - childlike
Buckwheat - little rascals ( term of endearment - childlike. Having fun
Burning - (good) fire of God
Burning -(bad) enemy leading to wrong direction
Butterscotch - sweet perfect oil

Campfire -counsel of God -wisdom. Hang out with God

Carnations - weddings

Cassia - fragrance of Jesus
Cat pee - wrong plan or lasciviousness
Cedar - incorruptible ? Royalty
Cherries - balm
Chocolate - sweet spirit - pain killer
Cigar = grandfather and children-
Cigarette smoke - deliverance from addiction
Cinnamon - fragrance of creation
Cleaner - LYSOL etc cleanse from spirits
Cloves - Taste for God
Coconut = Good teaching milk and meat
Coffee – wake up
Cookies - Heavenly Manna
Cotton Candy - end of something - finish meeting, teaching etc

Cummin - seeds of truth

Death - usually Freemasonry -curses in the family

Dirt - flesh
Dog pee = territorial spirit
Disinfectant - cleanse from spiritsDog - religious spirit
Dog ( wet) homosexual spirit

Eggs - life
Eggs - rotten - seed gone bad
Eucalyptus - medicine - laughter

Figs - self effort

Fir Tree - grande and stately
Fish - grace
Fish, bad False prophesy
Flowers - heavenly realm
Fly spray - truth kills lies
Frankincense - portal - more of God

Garlic - healthy
Gardenia - wedding
Gingerbread - word made palatable
Gold -taste Heavenly
Grapes - loyal
Grapefruit - self control; staying focused

Grass - fading

Green plants - new life

Hair spray - trying to keep reputation, let go
Herbs - words from God to heal
Honey - revelation
Honeysuckle - praise
Horses smell= flesh-
Horses - sound, prepare for war

Jasmine = deep love

Lavender - Purity
Leather - new wineskin

Leeks - fruit from the world
Lemons - refresh
Lilac - Lover aroma from your heart
Lilies - intercession
Lily of the Valley - Holy Clothing ?
Limes - refreshing - enhance flavor
Liquorice - Freshener = cleansing -Praise

Maple Syrup - Awakening
Meat - Mature word
Meat rotting - word/truth distorted
Metal taste - discernment
Milk = warm = getting ready to receive
Milk sour - turning sour on life
Mothballs = preserve = ancient mantles and anointings
Musk - conception

Mustard - small beginning but real faith involved
Myrrh - washing away pride, vanity.

Myrtle - Beautiful

Nursing home smell - move on

Ocean - restless
Oil - anointing
Oil, rancid - anointing gone bad
Olives - anointing (Israel) Oak - Righteousness - spiritual relationship

Onions - good things of Egypt
Orange Love - sweet companionship of the Lord
Oriental spices - Caution - east, false light

Palm - Faithful
Peaches - joy = sense of well being. God loves me
Pear - patience
Pee - renew a right spirit
Pencil shavings = write
Peppermint - refreshing
Peppers - deliverance
Perfume , stale - religious spirit
Pine - grows in the sun - high vision- able to see
Pineapple - Balance = staying in the Spirit all the time
Poop - human mystic - false prophesy
Popcorn - break out, explosions of God. Promises bursting forth

Rain - Refresh - blessings- teaching
Rats - works of the mind = abomination
Roast Beef - maturity
Roses - Jesus sweetheart

Sea - humanity

Shoe polish - get ready to go somewhere
Smoke - prayer
Soap - cleansingSour milk - turning sour on circumstances or life
Spikenard - Prayer - praise
Strawberries = friendship with God, Healing. Humility
Sweet potatoes - unity
Sulphur - demonic

Tanning oil - resting in the spirit -laying out
Toast -getting slammed by God
Tomato - kindness - generous

Vanilla - milk and honey ( pure word and revelation)

Vinegar - cleansing agent for the mouth. Prov 23:20

Water up nose, cleansing of the mind
Wet dog - homosexual spirit
White shoulders perfume - good government
White linen perfume - clothed with His Righteousness
Wine - Holy Spirit
Woodsmoke - burning cleansing

Kathie Walters
www.kathiewaltersministry.com

Carlee
The Lord has made me to understand that fire is coming to the earth. It will be a cleansing fire for those who are humble and a fire of judgment and destruction for those who are haughty and prideful.

Thanks for your post carlee....
I had a dream/vision a week or so ago and I saw a "wall of fire" right in front of my face...and the HOLY SPIRIT spoke to me and said " you are going thru the refiners fire"....Boy I just knew what HE meant!!

he is refining us all ...OUCH it hurts so much at times!!!!

What an unbelievable amazing thread!

Until this, I seemed to be alone is smelling smoke. It began about 3-4 months ago. I live in a retirement complex, and so tho't it was someone's cigarette smoke coming thru vents. I've lived here 8 years this summer, and have NEVER smelled it before these last few months.

I asked my roommate if she could smell it, but it's alway's "no." I came to the conclusion it must be from sinus issue's that to a degree I live with. I even talked to the Rep of our building asking about it. Then I tho't it MUST be smoke from other people's units ~ so I began praying they would move away, and began praying for the whole thing to go!

During this last month it has lessened greatly ~ I'm think'n I should invite it back after reading all this. "I'm sorry Lord if that was YOU!!!"

The majority of time it was at my desk, and strong enough that I would sometimes cover my nose. It was sometimes around the house, but to a much lesser degree.

So, bottom line, what are you all thinking this sense of smoke smell is meaning/saying to us all?

The wall of fire reminds me of the verse in Zechariah ( I think in chapter 1) where God said to Zion (Israel), "I will be a wall of fire around her and the glory in her midst." That wall of fire is a protection and a hiding of God's beloved from the demonic forces.

I remember Reinhard Bohnke telling of an encounter with a former witch. This former witch had attended a meeting Bohnke held somewhere in Africa. They had brought in a high-ranking witch from California to throw curses on him as he preached since the local witches didn't have enough power to stop the evangelistic meetings there. Just as she was about to summon up the demons to wreck the meeting a wall of fire appeared and completely enclosed Reinhard Bohnke, his evangelistic team and all the people attending the meeting. There were hundreds of thousands of people there and all were safe inside the wall of fire. The witch said that the demons ran around and around the group but could not find an opening or a place to slip through the wall of fire.

The former witch was so awed by that level of power that she left satanism and became a born again Christian.

In the past, especially in church, I have smelled fresh baked bread, roses, lillies, jasmine, wine and frankencense at different times. I love Kathy's list of scents and what they mean. I have been in her meetings where the smell of honey (for wisdom, revelation) has come up.

"If it smells like campfire it means counsel of God-wisdom. Hang out with God"

My Christian friend said to me,
Oh what unique perfume.
Is that called campfire?

I'd been out in the wilderness by the fire.
Sweaters absorb smells and orders.

yeah_ I do hang out with God-
does it show?

Sarah

Gardenia - wedding

Oh my goodness, I smelled the most luscious Gardenia flowers in the kitchen a few weeks ago, late at night when I went to get some water. It was such an amazing smell, I just kept breathing in over and over. There was absolutley NOTHING in our house (or outside) that would have given off that smell. It was "other worldly"...and now I've learned that the scent of Gardenias means "Wedding"! How awesome is that?!

Kolleen

During this last month it has lessened greatly ~ I'm think'n I should invite it back after reading all this. "I'm sorry Lord if that was YOU!!!"

The majority of time it was at my desk, and strong enough that I would sometimes cover my nose. It was sometimes around the house, but to a much lesser degree.

So, bottom line, what are you all thinking this sense of smoke smell is meaning/saying to us all?

Kolleen, DON'T invite it back if it smells like cig smoke. That's demonic. One time I smelled it all of the sudden in my car while driving. And right away, I knew it was the enemy. Plus, if you are wanting to cover your nose, it's not a good smell.
Icky smells come from icky places/things.

nice to know I'm not the only one! seriously! I've been smelling Gardenia for 4 years off and on. It is glorious. Yes it does mean wedding. Glory!

This all reminds me of an experience I had 3 or 4 yrs ago. It creeps me out to this day. One afternoon I went outside on the screened in porch. I passed through a small area of the porch -maybe 3 feet wide- that smelled intensely of SULFER. I immediately knew what it was, but wanted to rule everything else out first. I dashed about and outside the house looking/smelling for a gas leak. Nothing. Went back to the spot. Smell was still there, in a precise spot. I KNOW that no matter where it came from, the air should have dispersed it, it being outdoors, but no. Then I stood in the spot and turned around, and it was right where a person needed to be if they wanted to look inside our sliding glass door and observe everything going on inside!

cigarette smoke means this person is in bondage and this person needs deliverance from a spirit of bondage. Love the person though. There are a lot of people in bondage and not just to cigarettes and they don't even know it.

7butterflies
nice to know I'm not the only one! seriously! I've been smelling Gardenia for 4 years off and on. It is glorious. Yes it does mean wedding. Glory!

Yes, Glory indeed!!!

I have smelled lillies on once occasion, and roses twice, in my bedroom. This was a few years ago. Wonderful!

7butterflies
cigarette smoke means this person is in bondage and this person needs deliverance from a spirit of bondage. Love the person though. There are a lot of people in bondage and not just to cigarettes and they don't even know it.

I can attest to that! I was in bondage to cigarettes in my early-mid twenties. I stopped smoking, but then every once in a while I would smell cig smoke where there was nobody smoking. It was the devil tempting me. Well, ever since the Lord broke that bondage for me, I have hated even the thought of smoking, and I never smell it anymore (unless someone is actually smoking around me of course).

Sarah Thank you! ah one of God's saints to the rescue! to the world yes it does sound coo coo.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

bondage.....icky stuff......demonic.....?

I don't even know what to say to that as one among us all who is keeping clean before the Lord in preparation for His coming.......

A gifting the Lord has given me is discernment, and whenever I smelled the smoke, I never discerned any of those things. Leaves me speechless I have to say.......!

maybe its not about us. The Lord wants us to help him set the captives free, ect... its not about our little comfort level. There are those that the Lord loves and wants. We're already saved but what about the ones who aren't. If theres a problem ask God!

7 butter you are so wise.

there are many wise ones at Rita.
Wow What an honer to fellowship with the saints.

On 5/9/2010, when I originally posted this thread, it was windy outdoors, and inside I smelled smoke around me as I sat at my computer typing.

Yesterday evening, the Holy Spirit led me to these Biblical texts:

Acts 2:1-3 (NKJV) ~ When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.

[NOTE: I don't know know any foreign languages, but this I do know--that when we're raptured...we'll be able to understand each others' languages.]

What do you make of this?

Tammy

I have prayed much ~ and cried for the lost!

I think we need to be very careful with lists such as the above, in what is implied from it's content.

It's really unwise to toss some of these words and meanings around towards saints, and then just say if there is a problem take it to the Lord!

If that can't be recognized, then yes, there really is something that needs to be taken to the Lord.

This is interesting. I smelled smoke this morning!

I couldn't locate the source , and it was really raining outside at the time. So it wasn't like anyone was burning trash.

I love being in the loop !

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com