Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pentacost and Shavuot

You can find that Pentacost (the Christian holiday) always happens on a Sunday (this year 23 May). Pentacost is supposed to be 50 days after Passover.

According to Scripture, Shavuot, also called the Feast of Weeks; Festival of Reaping, and Day of the First Fruits, happens on the 50th day after the first day of Passover. This year, it begins at sundown on Tuesday, 18 May and goes through sundown 19 May. Tuesday is THE day for Jewish weddings.

If all these messages we are seeing from Star, et.al. point to this festival for the rapture, which one do you think it will be?

Re: Pentacost and Shavuot

According to Lev. ch. 23, Pentecost is the 50th day after FirstFruits. Not Passover.

May23rd=Pentecost

Tom
According to Lev. ch. 23, Pentecost is the 50th day after FirstFruits. Not Passover.

May23rd=Pentecost

Tom, I surely hope 'n' so!!!

Tammy

15 " 'From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks. 16 Count off fifty days up to the day after the seventh Sabbath, and then present an offering of new grain to the LORD."

The day after the seventh Sabbath (sabbath is a Saturday) is always a Sunday. No matter when the calendar shows it being celebrated, the day after a sabbath is always a Sunday.

the other (lower case) don

Yes, the day after the weekly Sabbath is always a Sunday. That is why Pentecost is always on a Sunday, because if you start your count on a Sunday as day 1, then day 50 will always be on a Sunday.

Thanks don

Tom

The Jewish calendar has Shavuot on Wednesday and Thursday (May 19 and 20). They started the omer count on Nissan 16 or March 31, two days after Passover and one day before the Feast of Firstfruits.

Farm Girl
The Jewish calendar has Shavuot on Wednesday and Thursday (May 19 and 20). They started the omer count on Nissan 16 or March 31, two days after Passover and one day before the Feast of Firstfruits.

good luck trying to choose the correct calendar...lol, none of them agree

Farm Girl

You are so right Farm Girl. That is why Jesus said to His Jewish audience that he was not coming back on the day they were expecting Him. He knew the modern Jewish calendar would be changed to try and cover up when the real Pentecost was.

Pentecost is the only Jewish feast that is not celebrated by Israel on the day God told Moses it was to be set apart on. That is because the Jews are blinded to who their real Messiah is until the time of Gentiles is over....at the rapture.

This is another STRONG reason to believe Pentecost is the time of the rapture of the Church.

Can I hear a YEEPEEEE!!!!

Tom

Yipeeeeeeeeee! I'm packed and ready to go. Ok....not packed, but definitely ready to go!

I guess that's why we can't know the day or the hour. However, it seems logical that the rapture would occur on the day that the Jews actually celebrate it, i.e. May 19th or 20th, causing them to think 'why did all those Christians disappear on our Jewish feast day of Shavuot?' Just my 2 cents. Irregardless, I'll be happy to depart this world on any of the possible dates of Shavuot.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com