Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Checking out a church this Sunday / And the response I got

Last night our local rural town newspaper comes out for the week. I always grab a copy every Tuesday night.

Well last night when I got home I opened the paper to find out when the local church service starts on the Sunday. This is the church I want to try out. It is an AOG church that is within walking distance from where I live.

Anyways Barbara was in the room, so I said, “on Sunday I am going to this church, to check it out”. Well the response that I got (which I expected, wise to the demon enemies). “Why are you going there”, you went once to the other one on the hill. I can’t work you out sometimes, you are weird” With that she left the room, but came back latter on as per normal as if nothing happened.

I pray for Barbara every day that she will give her life to the Lord. I can only pray.

Iam not sad or depressed, just thought I better share as last week I told you about showing her the video’s and how she went off at me.

Love ybiC / Paul

Re: Checking out a church this Sunday / And the response I got

I know it is the enemy at work. But I have trouble understanding how people that say they believe in Jesus, turn around and make you feel like you are weird or loopy when you talk about him or how great is his love.

But the same are open to talk when at parties etc, when someone brings up a topic about phycic readings, or ghosts etc etc.

The enemy has people blinded and it is very sad. They do not want to hear the truth, but like having their ears itched with different spiritual ideas that allow them to continue to live a life in sin.

Sorry everyone, just unloading, speaking my mind here
All good, please dont worry I am fine.

Love ybiC / Paul

I just love you, brother Paul. I can't wait to meet you! What a sweet Godly man you are!

Sorry back again, LOL

My mother goes to church, but has the attitude that you should be open to many different spiritual concepts etc. Like buddism etc.

Like no Mum, I have tried to explain, but I am seen as narrow minded.

The other month I went to visit my parents and in her room was books on different religions etc plus Christianity etc.

O.K , O.K, I am now fully unload / thanks heaps

Hi -

I remember when I was 6-1/2 I was invited to go to a Vacation Bible School at a Baptist Church. My mother let me go, but gave me a stern warning about the strange people there. Suure enough, they gave an alter call, and I told them something along the lines that my mother had warned me about them!

(This was almost five decades ago, so the details are a little hazy.)

At the time, my parents went to church every Sunday they could, but to a liberal Methodist, then Lutheran church.

Paul,
I hear you brother. Many believe that there are multiple paths to heaven. They are sincere...but they are sincerely wrong. As far as I know only Jesus has proved that He is who He says He is through the resurrection. Buddha did not come back from the dead, Muhammad did not come back from the dead, Confucius did not come back from the dead, etc. ALL religions cannot be equally true if they directly contradict one another.

Judaism says there is one God, YHWH. Islam says there is one god Allah. Christianity says there is one God with three distict persons in Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Islam says that Allah has no son. So the god of Islam is not the God that I worship. Likewise I do not worship rocks, trees, rivers, streams, the sun or anything else in creation. Rather I worship the Creator Himself.

If there had been any other way other than the cross Jesus would have taken that route instead. Far as I know Jesus was the only one to die for the redemption of mankind. Trying to do good deeds, attend a religious service, offer up incense or prayers to idols, statues, or deities in order to gain some type of positive afterlife is RELIGION. All RELIGIONS are MANS idea of what they need to do to reach a positive outcome in the afterlife.

Christianity is NOT a religion. It is NOT a philosophy. It IS a lifestyle. It DOES require sacrifice. It DOES require obedience and holy living. But unlike religions where saying a rote prayer, or giving a donation to buy your way in,,,the only way to enter the narrow gate is to accept Jesus as the Lord of your life. Believe that He IS the Son of God, that He paid your penalty and offered you the pardon for sin through unmerited grace. That you confess your sins and ask for His forgiveness and ask that He lead you away from temptation and sin and to lead you towards being more like Jesus.

Being a Christian is more than just church attendance, more than throwing up a 911 prayer in an emergency, more than just being a good person. It is making a commitment to being a new creation. Walking forward in newness of life, freed from the burden of sin. Anyone who practices smorgasbord religion is worshiping a god of their own creation.

I know I am preaching to the choir here...so I will get off my soapbox, but I echo your frustration to those who have blinded their eyes to their need for a Savior who loves them and only wants what is best for them. Instead they tickle their ears with the latest new age teaching or prosperity doctrine to the peril of their soul. It truly is sad.

Knight Michael dear Bro,

Amen, Amen & Amen

100% with everything you said brother

Rita family you are so wise. Hugs Paul.

My brother did drugs. that was ok. We were so accepting as a family.
My sister had an abortion- that was ok.
Killed the only grand child in teh family.

I got born again -mom said - thats too bad.

The battle began between my family and i that day.

I came to divide families Jesus said.
to set brother againt brother
one chooses Jesus and teh other does not ...

Jesus wins in the end thou.

My family was only accepting of sin.
I was raised in Moab.

Romans 14:11
For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."

Phillipians 2:10-11
so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So the only question is....do you want to bend your knee and confess that Jesus is Lord in Worship willingly...or in judgment unwillingly? I choose worship.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Paul I am just so impressed with your Christian witness...Your light shines so bright! God has anionted you and appointed you to be right where you are..... Your loved ones needs you and I am sure they are watching you and don't ever think that God is not moving .... I pray that your witness will lead everyone of them to turn and run to Jesus.....

Paul/Aussie
...I have tried to explain, but I am seen as narrow minded.

I've always said that heaven will be filled with some of the most narrow-minded people who ever lived. By that I mean, they never deviated from biblical truths.

Email: Armageddon.thru.to.you@gmail.com

Praying for you Paul,that Barbara,will turn,around and accept ABBAS AND Our Beloved KING YESHUAS Wedding Invitation,and Join us in the Ascension!!!

Paul,

Have you noticed the world trend that allows you to witness to everyone but your own family? I guess we're too available and looked through as "same old _____ that's always around and thus becomes invisible". If someone new comes along and says the same thing, well, it's viewed in an entirely different light.

I wish Barbara could see what we see, and we haven't even met! I believe familiarity gets in our way. We take for granted our loved ones around us. But when you belong to Jesus, we want to notice and lead them to Him. In the end they have to do it themselves. We're more aware of them because Jesus is working in our hearts. But He isn't there yet in them.

It's the same if a partner or parent becomes ill or ages as our kids should notice how time affects us but until someone collapses on the floor in front of them--nobody ever noticed or gave it a thought. Mom and Dad will always be there. Our spouse will always be there. Then suddenly true awareness comes out of the blue and they realize too late--"Gosh, I had it made and never realized it. I should've appreciated what time we had left and didn't"

That seems to be part of the human condition around us. It takes an outsider to say to the spouse or kids, "Have you noticed _______about your dad lately?" Somehow they're the last to recognize or see a problem coming. ( or a good thing when they have it) Heck--sometimes, it's us ourselves who don't see what's going on in our own lives! We don't want to recognize it or don't realize it ourselves. If we make excuses or go into denial--we don't see it ourselves. Why? Because we don't want to!

Even with good things, we may not see it ourself. How many times has someone you haven't seen for awhile commented to you about your weight loss that you and your family haven't noticed? Because they see you every day and the newcomer hasn't.

Is this what is happening with Barbara? You've changed. She's uncomfortable with it and doesn't want to recognize/notice it? And so doesn't. Then there's the familiarity business going on too. She could also be alarmed that you've surpassed her. Could she fear on some level that you're leaving her behind already? Not on a level that she overtly recognizes, but deep inside where it's not allowed to manifest? And this bothers her in some way. Because it causes discomfort to examine, she instead makes hurtful remarks? And remains aloof?

Perseverance, my friend. Don't give up. We're running that race of perseverance! Fighting the good fight of faith right on past those witnesses watching us from Heaven on our way to the finish line. Keep on running up Mt.Zion to the Heavenly city of New Jerusalem. You may finish the course ahead of your family. But eventually they'll come to their senses and follow in the trail you blazed for them to find their way. You can then watch and cheer them on from the heavenly grandstand there. By then we'll "know" better how to pray them through!

When the rapture happens, you know they'll be examining those changes in behavior and recalling things said.

The race isn't finished until it's over. Jesus will announce the end. While we want them to move at our speed we have to give them the grace Jesus has given to us--in our own timing. You are making a difference. You just maybe won't see it here. That doesn't mean they won't follow. They've chosen the harder course from which we wish to spare our loved ones, but we can't do it for them. We're frustrated with ourselves because we can't seem to make that difference. But maybe that God's plan for them. We aren't all alike and have different purposes, different plans for our lives, instilled by God himself--just for each one of His children. Sometimes all we can do is be an example and plant seeds. And in the end it's all God wanted us to do to begin with. Our own ambitions for our loved ones come to play.

Any parent with a wayward adult child knows that at a certain point all you can do is release them to God and pray for them. We have to let go and let them find their own way in the world. Because we're parents that hurts. We want to lead the way to avoid heartache we know is coming for them. But until they see it for themselves, we can't. But He can!! We let go and let God take over. It's the same with a spouse. That doesn't make it easier to accept but may be what's going on. Knowing you, I know you've beseiged the throne room of God about this. What is He saying to your heart? Ask for confirmation. You seem to have a plan to move on with now. Follow that. Just don't allow Barbara to hold you back.

Perhaps a crisis of some kind will wake her up. You'll be there to point her in the right direction and she'll catch up fast then. Placing you both in our Savior's hands.

ysiC with love,

VC

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com