Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Emotions & Spirit of fear & Cars !!!

I like to draw parallels to every day life and the things that surround me, it helps me to understand the scriptures and what is from the Lord. I believe that he has put things in front of us to help us to divide, to unravel the truths of his word. Not to confuse, but to teach us.

Today I want to talk about cars, yes you heard rightly. And believe it or not they go hand in hand with emotions and the spirit of fear.

Sounds confusing? Let me explain-

Picture if you will a car in your mind, nice and shining and new. The engine is “faith”, the steering wheel is the “word”, and the wheels are the “Holy Spirit”. The gas in the tank is your “salvation”. The gas comes with the added advantage, you never have to pay for it, it is given freely, which when received never ends. And the paint that is nice and glossy and new is your emotions.

You know there are days when I can feel the Holy Spirit just flowing through every nerve and fibre of my being. And there are other days when I feel taxed, my prayers are dry, and I feel totally worn out. A little like our car that needs a good service. But unlike a car that once serviced can travel for many miles, my service schedule is a little up and down. The day after a major tune up, I can be running like a dog. And the next day be cruising in a Ferrari.

Emotions are a very dangerous thing when crossed with our faith. For when we try to cross them, the result gives way to works. You will be forever trying to polish a shine on the paint job that is really only a large patch of rust.

Like our car emotions being the paint work of the vehicle are subject to the weather and elements. What looks and feels good today will tomorrow be faded, sun cracked and worn.

My car that I am as a Christian man is not the car that would appeal to many if it was for sale on a used car lot. For my paint work is very faded, I have had quite a number of dents all over the car from life’s trials. People backing into me, and me hit things because I took my eyes off the road. Rust holes have appeared in many places, and some things have plainly just fallen off.

Would you want to buy this clunker?

If I told you regardless of what the outside of the car looks like, the engine has been regularly serviced, the brakes checked and some modifications have been done to improve the vehicles handling and performance, would you still buy this car that looks like a major clunker on the outside?

Properly not, hey!!!!

Well go talk to my mechanic, Jesus.

For when he sees my car, he does not see the dents, the rust holes and the faded paint. He sees a Ferrari. Why does he see a Ferrari? Because he knows the engine under the hood, he knows what condition it is in. For the heart of the car is its engine.

FAITH

So why is it we try so hard to make our paint work shine, when at the end of the day if you have a bad engine, the glossy paint will only look good while the car sits broken down on the side of the road, while you walk looking for help?

Emotions and the spirit of fear

In these closing days of grace, lets not get caught up into thinking we have to have a paint job and a body that has a mirror finish. We are all sinners; every one of us is a clunker of sorts. If you allow the mechanic to do his work, you will make it to your destination just fine. Maybe feeling a little beaten up from all the dents, but you will make it.

And our mechanic knows every make and model that was ever produced. For he even designed all the components of the car. And just like when we take our cars into be serviced in the real world, we trust the mechanics with what they do. This mechanic, our mechanic, Jesus, the greatest mechanic of them all, will get you home just fine.

You have gas in your tank, the wheels are turning, grab hold of the steering wheel for the engine is purring. Enjoy the ride and don’t forget to pick up some passengers along the way.

This is a picture of Paul/Aussie (My good side on display)

Be encouraged, I love you all

In his saving love / your fellow clunker / Paul

Re: Emotions & Spirit of fear & Cars !!!

And our mechanic knows every make and model that was ever produced. For he even designed all the components of the car. And just like when we take our cars into be serviced in the real world, we trust the mechanics with what they do. This mechanic, our mechanic, Jesus, the greatest mechanic of them all, will get you home just fine.

You have gas in your tank, the wheels are turning, grab hold of the steering wheel for the engine is purring. Enjoy the ride and don’t forget to pick up some passengers along the way.

I just love you Paul. You have the most wonderful way of saying things and you always make me smile. This post is one of the bright spots on the RITA board today. Bless you dear brother from down under. Excited and thrilled that soon we will all be UP YONDER!

I agree, Sue!

Thanks, bro. Paul! This rusty, dented, old cluncker needed to read this today.

God Bless you, bro.

Thank you Paul. I loved your post it was great.
It made me feel less old and decrepid.

One of the best posts of the day - BUMP!!!!

I am free praise you Jesus....

and thank you Paul

Bumping this up again, since there are those who are still motivated by fear and spreading it around. This is a great thread and I hope everyone reads it.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, ...... so where is it coming from?

Texas Sue, I have a verse for you, sister:

Proverbs 28:13-14

He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
How blessed is the man who fears always,
But he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity.

It's the truth. The fear of a HOLY GOD is a good, good thing indeed.

Charity, I am not talking about holy fear - the awe and reverence for God that we have as Christians. I am talking about attempts to scare people out of the confidence of their salvation and it is running rampant on this forum lately. If you or anyone else on RITA are not sure of your salvation that is something between you and God and possibly your Pastor.

I know Who I belong to, I have His promise of full redemption, and have been born again for 45 years. No one can shake my confidence in what God has told me. My concern is for lurkers on this forum who don't have a solid grounding in scripture who are being confused and frightened by all of the "you are not holy enough and not every saved person is going in the rapture" drums beating incessantly. If anyone says anything that doesn't agree with these threads then they are bullied about and treated as if they are too dirty and sinful to go in the rapture and too stupid to understand the bible. Your post to me is a good example of that. I have seen people pushed around on other threads often and it is not nice.

I think its time that we stick to end time news articles, prayer requests, worship music and encouragement and get away from doctrinal issues completely.

Amen and amen, Sue. It is such a same that the spirit of legalism is alive and kicking still just as it was with the Pharisees in the 1st century.

Whom the Son has set free is free indeed !!! I do not understand those who have so much disdain for anyone who is not perfect. I guess they must really be hurting inside. May our precious Lord Jesus have mercy on them and give them peace.

Tom

Tom
Amen and amen, Sue. It is such a same that the spirit of legalism is alive and kicking still just as it was with the Pharisees in the 1st century.

Whom the Son has set free is free indeed !!! I do not understand those who have so much disdain for anyone who is not perfect. I guess they must really be hurting inside. May our precious Lord Jesus have mercy on them and give them peace.

Tom

Amen Tom

joyful susan
Tom

Tom

Amen Tom

Tom, you are right about legalism. I am so glad, as the Apostle Paul said, that we have been set free from the law of sin and death. We have been set free by the precious blood of Christ. As I said in another thread, if you get a big enough revelation of the love of God those doubts and fears and striving to be perfect just melt away. God's love is amazing.

Joyful Susan, you have posted the most perfect song - "I AM FREE". We sing it at church all the time and I love it because it is so true. I am going to listen again now before I go to sleep.

Okay, I'll go now. I think He's done with me here.

I love you all; it's not disdain for people but rather
the opposite. (It's love)

It's not legalism to remind y'all of the necessity of
having humble and repentant hearts before our God.

Oh Lord make me humble. Lower and lower still.

Goodbye RITA.

Charity I do not think you are showing disdain..I really think what you are saying is from your heart but it comes acoss as judgemental and holier than thou......I am pretty sure jsut about everyone here is free....

Charity I think you are one of the sweetiest people ever..... and you have a good heart for people...you have a beautiful family and lots of love in your life.....and when I first joined here you were so much fun... you have gotten really serious lately....and I feel judged (not just by you and not really that much by you)... I know from experience that people will close up when they feel that way... like sue I have been around a loooong time...maybe my anointing is just different .... I approach people with prayer and I wait for a door to open .. I have talked to people in deep sin (probably people you have never been around) who have told me that they will not talk to anyone who they feel are judging them.....and they would rather not be like that themselves..it turns people off....

one thing i have noticed is that people in my church have been in revival for years and they are still there getting filled and attending all the services going to be touched by God...well they are not taking it out into the highways and the biways...taking it out where it can be used by God.. to the ones who really need it.....there are hurting people out there... and I am pretty sure we here on rita are not them....I am almost pretty sure that if you took one of these words of warning to the world...someone really really deep in sin they will turn from you and close off....and not want anything to do with God....they have told me this so I know this is true...

We are seeing a separation amongst the body between those who read God's word and believe it and apply it to those who don't read God's word, don't believe it and live for themselves. I am not pointing fingers at anyone here. Just making a general observation. We see prosperity taught over repentance, acceptance over holiness, entertainment over worship...I could go on for some time.

The time for entertainment is over. The time for selfishness is over. Either Jesus is Lord of your life or He's not. Either you are obedient to God or you are not. There is no longer any middle ground. Be like David, the man after God's own heart. Ask for Him to search you from head to toe and to bring to mind any sin in your life and confess it, rebuke it and refrain from doing it again. Peace.

I just read this thread this morning, and it started out really nice, but for some reason it got ugly later on. I don't understand the anger that came after Charity's first reply to Sue. RITArians, we are so close to being snatched up out of this world. We have been so good to each other until something went wrong in this thread. I now read this morning that Charity is leaving RITA because of this, and that makes me sad. Charity is a sweet and loving sister in Christ. Satan is attacking RITA once again, and we need to rebuke him, and get back to watching for our savior.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Paul, I apologize if I caused you any upset as you are a dear brother in Christ that I respect highly. It would have probably have been a good idea to have started a separate post for a reply so that your thread would have been left to stand in the beauty in which it started.

However I do not apologize for what I said just for the location. Lately there are a few who have aggessively pushed a legalistic gospel and tried to intimidate any who did not agree and it is not right. The doctrinal issues do not belong on a pretrib watcher forum.

It is pretty sad that if anyone responds to a position they consider wrong they are labeled angry, not separated enough from the world, not serious about their walk in holiness, especially if they like to laugh occasionally. I am so glad that GOd is God and knows our hearts. We are safe in His hands.

Thank you Wendy..:) I woke up this morning wanting to share my story of fear and trembling... but I do not have time to type all that out right now.....just so some will understand where I come from.... and maybe understand and show compassion to people that they can not really see their hearts but just the outside....

Before Jesus performed miracles He was always moved with compassion.....I understand this compassion for others and can relate so much to how Jesus felt....but it was the compassion that somehow triggered the miracles...read the bible...you will see it will say He was moved with compassion...

Wendy
Amen Susan, I just love your heart dear sister. You are very sweet :)

Ephesians 2
1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Wendy that is the Jesus I know... and I can not wait to share my story with everyone on fear and trembling.....

Yep! That's me. Old Mater--the tow truck in the Cars movie. Some days seems like we're towing others junk heaps around town to the dump or garage hospital. That load can break us down, too. But good ol' Mater keeps on truck'n along.

Other days it's all I can do to haul my own junk around with me. I need a junk-buster Savior to come along side to rev up this motor and rev my engine; to fine tune all those cables and wires within. Replacements help--like new tires with better tread.

Sure do miss the good ole days when I was new and sporting a bright colored paint job. Today I'm feeling my age and feel like a broken-down old wreck. Think I'll sit here a spell and remember the good ole days when I was young and vibrant; just bursting with life. Did I ever tell you about the day I met Jesus? Now there's a story! Funny thing happened along the way. I traded in my sorrows and troubles--gave "em" to Him. And in return He .......

I've been watching and waiting. After He healed me and made some wonderful promises, He told me I could be His follower. He made me His and said one day He'd come and take me to where He lives so we'd never have to be apart again. He said He'd give me a new body just like His! He gave me signs to watch for . When I saw these things happening, I was to know that He was near and ready to come for me.

There's been awful stuff happening in this world. Ir's getting darker and darker. My feeble, broken headlights have taken a beat'n these days but they still shine. It's so dark out I have to shine them all the time now. But that's good news. He said that would happen just before He came. So I'm getting ready for that day. Got new engine oil, had the spark plugs cleaned, got a tune up and filled up with gas. Can't do much about the paint job but He promised that was His job. Got new tires and the steering wheel works just fine. So now my story is one of waiting.

If I see someone needing a ride, I pick "em" up . After checking on where they want to go and offering some advice about a "better way", I take them to the Only Way route, pray with them and send them on their destination in Jesus.

When I was in my prime --those were the days! But a funny thing happened along the way. I realized something was missing from my life and set out to find it. Since Jesus entered my life, I feel like a new truck again. And now I can make a difference in the lives of the other cars around me. Soon I'll be bright, shiny and new with a new body and I can serve My Jesus even better every day. I'm waiting. I've laid down my sorrows and traded in my troubles and am ready, willing and able when He comes.

Found some shade--maybe a little siesta for the heat of the day so I can dream of what it will be like when He comes. "Some day, over a rainbow..."

If only the very very holy people are raptured then God's army would be very very small.
You cannot EARN salvation. You either have it or you don't.
Regarding this let each of us examine his/her own heart and let God be the judge of us not each other.
Love you all.

AMEN Little Anne!!

Texas Sue,

It seems your post on this thread was meant for me, not Charity.

Charity, dear sister, if you are reading this, I apologize that you took the beating that was obviously meant for me. I hope you'll accept my apologies. I'm sorry you have chosen to leave RITA but I can certainly understand why. I will be leaving as well and this will be my last post.

Before I go let me say this, my prayer for the lost who lurk at RITA and for baby Christians is that you look solely to the Lord and His Word as the Perfect One who has all the answers. This forum is merely a shadow of who He really is and what His Word says. We are imperfect humans, not God. I apologize if I've ever led you astray. That was not my intention.

To all others on RITA... May we purify our hearts so that we will be counted worthy to stand before a HOLY AND JUST GOD WHO ALONE HAS ALL TRUTH.

Thanks for the opportunity to share with all of you - however, briefly. May we see each other in the clouds one day.

FAITH

He is Sufficient.
He is Enough.
He is mine and I am His.

Faith,

I have been away this week and have not had much time to see what has been going on here, but I did have a chance to read your reply to Josh on the other thread and wanted to post how much I appreciated your teaching on discipleship and the process of growing in the Lord (sanctification).

I thought it was well-said and in no way did I sense an air of superiority or fear-mongering. I don't understand why some can't see that these posts are given in love, with oneself included in the warning, and not as a holier-than-thou stance. I personally love to be spurred on in the Lord. As you stated so well, ONLY God knows the heart. I have not seen one ounce from you or anyone else assume anything other.

Knight Michael said it so well, that we are out of time and have an urgency to reach those on the fence. The Lord knows and sees your motives of love and concern.

Please, before you go, email me so we can stay in touch, if you would like~ elijahsmommy@gmail.com

Love,
Melanie

Thanks, Melanie. I appreciate your response. You clearly understood what I was saying.

There is so much pride and divisiveness on this forum. I can hardly stand it. I believe this grieves the heart of God and I want no part in it.

Thank you for your email address. I will be in touch.

Love,

FAITH

Gollie bill-time to head for the hills.

The rocks thrown at Charity-
every one hit me; you see.

Paul- its not your fault.
Love you all,
in Chriat ,

mtn mollie

Mater here--checking in

Has everyone traded in the sorrows and pain for the joy of the Lord yet? What's keepin yah? Today is a good day fer it.

Trying to lighten the mood with a little humor but guess it's not helping. Sorry everyone--the mood is heavy today.

Sad....

Remember, "love never fails".

Email: sweetbyandbyx2@yahoo.com

YES!!!

Love never fails, and Gods love is the greatest of all.

After you have trusted Jesus for your salvation, your only worry is to not lose FAITH in what JESUS did for you.

Faith and trust...that of a little child is what is EXPECTED from you that is your only part in your salvation.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 5:1-21

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Rom 4:14-16

What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

Their feet are swift to shed blood:

Destruction and misery are in their ways:

And the way of peace have they not known:

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

W here is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:9-27

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:30-32

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com