Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Book of Life

I wanted to do a small study on the Book of Life.

Our men's group the other night was discussing the possiblity of losing one's salvation and Rev 3:5 was used:

He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

So is there any "white out" in Heaven to blot out someone's name?

Here are the other verses speaking of the "Book of Life"

All who dwell on the eretz will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been killed. Rev 13:8

The beast that you saw was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the abyss and to go into destruction. Those who dwell on the eretz and whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel when they see that the beast was, and is not, and shall be present. Rev 17:8

I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and they opened books. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works. Rev 20:12

If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire. Rev 20:15

There will in no way enter into it anything profane, or one who causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life. Rev 21:27

KEY
If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, may God take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book. Rev 22:19

IMHO, the only negative I see is from verse Rev 22:19. No one is cast into the Lake of Fire whose names were "once" in the Book of Life, but were NEVER in the Book of Life.

Saved people, ie Names that are written in the Book of Life, can take away words of prophecy which will reduce their blessings in Heaven. They will not lose salvation. Once our names are written in the Book of Life, God cannot (Rev 3:5) erase our names.

The Greek phrase "not blot out" is "ou mē exaleiphō" means:

ou mē
oo may
That is, G3756 and G3361; a double negative strengthening the denial; not at all: - any more, at all, by any (no) means, neither, never, no (at all), in no case (wise), nor ever, not (at all, in any wise). Compare G3378.

exaleiphō
ex-al-i'-fo
From G1537 and G218; to smear out, that is, obliterate (erase tears, figuratively pardon sin): - blot out, wipe away.

I think that is pretty strong!

Email: jbeckloff@gmail.com

Re: Book of Life

After posting this, I realized that some may say, that Rev 3:5 only applies to the "overcomers". So what does the Bible say about who the "Overcomers" are?

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world: your faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Yeshua is the Son of God? 1 John 5:4-5

Just wanted to clear that up.

Thank you Jonathan...good teaching and I agree...

i needed to hear this...one time many years ago I saw a girl who would go up for the alter call every time we had one...we were in revival and my pastor believes the alter should be opened at every service...so that was almost every night ..and then she would be doing it at singles too...

i went up to her one day and asked her what in the world has she done inbetween services that causes her to need to take another alter call? She said she jsut thinks she is so bad...I told her that I did not think God had a big eraser and was standing in heaven and every time she missed it He was erasing her name from the book of life.... I told her that she needed to be delivered and needed healing ( I truely believed this with all my heart..and not because any one told me but I felt it was from the Holy spirit)

I told her that I thought the devil was keeping her at step one ...when God wanted her to go to step two now and to stop repeating step one and He wanted to deliver her..... she was sooo happy and it did set her free...and she then submitted herself instead of asking for salvation over and over....the alters are also opened for healing and going before the Lord so the Holy Spirit can clean and heal you and not just for salvation....

anyway I said all that to say this....

with all the posts that lead you to believe that you can lose your salvation I would always think of telling her that...and i would feel bad thinking did I miss God on that one and told her a lie?

so that is why this is so important to me...and thank you so much..I do not think I missed God at all according to this....

Jonathan
After posting this, I realized that some may say, that Rev 3:5 only applies to the "overcomers". So what does the Bible say about who the "Overcomers" are?

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world: your faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Yeshua is the Son of God? 1 John 5:4-5

Just wanted to clear that up.

amen

and they overcame by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB and the word of their testimony...

An aside here Bro, I recommend that the Elijahlist Prophetic Postings by SHAWN BOLZ be checked out concerning The Book Of Life, he saw during a visition to Heaven. Its very interesting Bro. It was some years back, I printed it, if I can find it.

Bless You

Dewey

Dewey
An aside here Bro, I recommend that the Elijahlist Prophetic Postings by SHAWN BOLZ be checked out concerning The Book Of Life, he saw during a visition to Heaven. Its very interesting Bro. It was some years back, I printed it, if I can find it.

Bless You

Dewey
Dewey, can you give a brief synopsis of what he saw concerning the Book of Life? That would be neat to hear. Jesse Duplantis saw what he believed to be the Book of Life, but was not allowed to go see it or what the group of people around it was doing. I know what I'd be doing - looking for Diane C! LOL!

Jonathan, interesting post. There is just still so much we don't understand - like why would people even be created who never had any hope of salvation because their names were never written in the Book of Life? I can't wait till we are in heaven and can get some answers!

Remember the Angels on Assignment book by Pastor Roland Buck from Idaho? I haven't read it in a while but I remember there is mention of him seeing the Book of Life with his name in it when he was in heaven. He said that written in red next to his name it said "saved by the blood of the Lamb" or something like that. He saw the names of many in his congregation also if I am remembering correctly. If I ever get to visit heaven that is the main thing I want to see - my name written in the Book of Life.

Here's a good study on "Who are the Overcomers?" by Jack Kelly....

http://gracethrufaith.com/selah/spiritual-life/who-are-the-overcomers-2/

Josh

thanks josh....

Dewey

Bless You

Dewey

After doing some extensive searching, I think I found the article you are referring to:

The Library Room of Heaven

The Library Room of Heaven
by Shawn Bolz / January 22, 2004

This was an experience I had in 1999. We published a form of it a few years ago. I wanted to bring it back out and go into more detail because of the relevance for this season.

I was caught up into a trance in which I saw a vast library in heaven. The main room was divided into three sections: past, present, and future. It was a very busy place with angels and saints who had already entered into eternity. It was not like an earthly library where we try and stimulate a quiet somber attitude. It was a place of action! People were reading, writing, and discussing the material. I looked around trying to take in as much of the room as I could see.

The Book of Life

There was one book that was constantly referenced in the middle of the room. It was living and felt like it had its own consciousness because the power of what it contained was so intense. I would describe it as a computer that had the knowledge of the process of God's love in our temporal time frame. It was the Book of Life and there were angels and spiritual beings all around it. The pages rolled out like a scroll in many directions. I don't know how to explain how this worked but it was amazing. Scrolls of light beamed the information from the living pages into their hearts and imprinted on their spirits.

The Lambs Book of Life didn't just have names in it. It was the actual revelation of the testimony of Jesus and His reward. It categorized how He showed His love to everyone and who responded. Not only showing the bride's one time response but every response that each person individually had made towards His divine pursuit over their lifetime. It was the most amazing book ever written because it was being 'penned' by the glorious Holy Spirit at all times.

Josh

Just making it "clickable"

Josh, another good on is Who Are The Overcomers Of Rev. 3:5?

In Rev. 3:5 it says that if people overcome God will not blot them out of the book of life. Can you comment on this verse and who are the overcomers this passage is talking about?

Q. In Rev. 3:5 it says that if people overcome God will not blot them out of the book of life. Can you comment on this verse and who are the overcomers this passage is talking about?

A. There’s an idea floating around the Church that the “overcomers” are some elite class of Christian for whom the rewards promised in the Bible are reserved exclusively. The rest of us will escape punishment but won’t receive any rewards. The term is used in each of the 7 letters of Rev. 2-3 to identify those who resist the criticism high lighted. At Ephesus they overcome religious work. At Smyrna it’s the fear of persecution. At Pergamum and Thyatira it’s idolatry, At Sardis it’s dead orthodoxy, at Philadelphia it’s drifting from the truth, and at Laodicea it’s apathetic worldliness. All these are over come by remaining true to the simplicity of the Gospel by neither adding anything to it nor taking anything away. As with everything else in the Bible, it’s a matter of keeping the faith.

It was John who used this word and it was he who gave us the meaning He intended. In 1 John 5:4-5 he wrote, “for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”

As for Rev. 3:5 the Lord was simply exhorting those from the Church at Sardis to wake up from their dead religion, be born again in their faith and energized by His Spirit. He said that once they did this they would be saved forever because He would never blot their names out of the Book of Life. You can’t use this verse to say that He will blot some names out, because those who don’t have the Spirit of God in them were never in the Book in the first place. There’s no indication that those He’s warning had ever received the Spirit even though they had heard the Gospel.

The Church of Sardis represents the mainline denominations of today. There are many there who hear the gospel and agree with it intellectually, but they’ve never obeyed the Lord’s commandment to be born again. (John 3:3) Others, a much smaller group have done so, are saved, and will never be rejected. The letter to Sardis presents one of the clearest arguments in Scripture that we must choose to be saved and once we do nothing can reverse it.

I can hardly wait to see my name written in that Book. To actually touch the letters and to see the script used. I am sure it is a very ornate book.

This is kinda off topic but Joyful Susan mentioned the girl who went up every alter call. It made me remember many many years ago when I was a little girl, every time we had revival or the preacher had preached a strong sermon on Salvation, I would feel such a burden , such a tugging to get Saved.

I was Saved. I am sure of it , and I am pretty sure I knew I was. But I just felt such a longing to cry out to God. I would go and pray and pray and cry...I was always getting saved sometimes once a week. Bless my heart! !!

Sometime later I realised through the Holy Spirit I was sensing Him moving through the people and His Call was my call to intercede. So if someone is Saved and Right with God..that may be what is going on with them. It could be bad teaching also and they are not sure of their Salvation. But, it may be a sensitivity to the move of The Spirit.

I still sense that call at most Alter Calls, I will know The Holy Spirit is moving and I begin praying for those souls to get saved.

Mary Ann
I can hardly wait to see my name written in that Book. To actually touch the letters and to see the script used. I am sure it is a very ornate book.

This is kinda off topic but Joyful Susan mentioned the girl who went up every alter call. It made me remember many many years ago when I was a little girl, every time we had revival or the preacher had preached a strong sermon on Salvation, I would feel such a burden , such a tugging to get Saved.

I was Saved. I am sure of it , and I am pretty sure I knew I was. But I just felt such a longing to cry out to God. I would go and pray and pray and cry...I was always getting saved sometimes once a week. Bless my heart! !!

Sometime later I realised through the Holy Spirit I was sensing Him moving through the people and His Call was my call to intercede. So if someone is Saved and Right with God..that may be what is going on with them. It could be bad teaching also and they are not sure of their Salvation. But, it may be a sensitivity to the move of The Spirit.

I still sense that call at most Alter Calls, I will know The Holy Spirit is moving and I begin praying for those souls to get saved.

Oh def mary ann...I cry and pray when the alter is opened...because the Holy Spirit is moving on peopel at that time and the prayers of the intercessors are working....at the church I attend no one is allowed to get up and leave or to enter the room until the alter call is over....souls are at stake..

Yes Jonathan ! That IS the article I wrote of. I wasn't sure if the elijahlist archives went back that far. This is it Diane, hope that you can access it thru their archives.

Later,

Dewey

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com