<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O.K Which Sister or Sisters do we blame!!!!!

O.K Sisters, which one or how many of you are going to own up!!!!!!

Us guys (blokes) had this great little spot all set out. As most men have a shed or garage we tinker around in, a place that we can hang our tools and have all the stuff that does not need to be moved or thrown out. Some even say that it is a mans right!!!!

This little room or shed existed just outside the RITA house. When us men / brothers started to hear you sisters talk about wedding dresses and the like, us guys would take off to this haven.

Tom had photo’s on the wall of his prospecting finds
Neal had a car up on jacks that he was restoring
Kman was working on his Harley
Scuggers had his studies and paper work pinned up on the walls
Scarby had his toys, old bones etc hidden under our piles of USEFUL stuff
Scott kept his multiple personalties stored in a cupboard
And the rest of us had many things spread out in a mess, but hey we knew where everything was kept.

And then one day we walk out to this little nirvana of ours and find the door has a new sign attached- “Lynn Stroud’s chat room”

In total shock I looked over to Scott and turned the door handle, but nothing in our wildest dreams could prepare us for what we found inside.

Everything and I mean everything that we held so dearly was piled neatly in a corner of the room, with a little sign sitting nearby- “Please take all this and throw into the dumpster, does not match the décor”

It is not often you see brothers cry, but that day will be remembered by all.

So what was the give away, how did we piece together and know without a doubt that Sisters were involved here?

Well everything in the room had a colour in it that matched the new curtains and carpets.

We found candles burning in many places, including this weird smell. Almost like an explosion in a florist. Tom traced it down to these funny things that held oil, with a candle burning below it. At first I thought it was Neal’s sump oil from his car. But our brother John told us that once he was made to go shopping with his wife and against his will, and in one of these shops he saw these funny contraptions that held oil.

Hhmmmm

We employed the scientific prow ness of Calvin / Prof e.c. After combing our hide out for further clues he noted-
There is no way a man, could of done this. Take note of how every thing has been folded correctly and put away in its right spot. We learnt that this goes against and is not in a mans DNA.

Another give away in this room was conversation pieces spread out on furniture. At first we were stumped, as these pieces cannot talk anyway. Then we found out it is a term used for expensive stuff that collects dust.

Our old vinyl sofa with the foam hanging out that was so loved by us brothers was gone. Replaced with something bigger and with more sun flowers on the fabric than the whole of Tuscany’s fields in Italy.

Yes we had finally worked it all out.

So now we ask the question, who was it? Or how many of you?

Come on brothers, the sisters have not found out about our tree house as yet.
Hhmmm- “Just trying to work out how we will get Neal’s old car up the tree?”

ybiC / Paul

Re: O.K Which Sister or Sisters do we blame!!!!!

WOW Martha Stewart Would aprove of it!

Opps.....I kinda forgot that we just ever so slightly changed things around a bit. Did we over do it? I thought the plants were a nice touch.

Email: ljpoohbunny@insightbb.com

Hmmmm......let.. me.. see.....oh.....it just needs lace doilys/doilies (sp?) under the plants and teapot and it would be perfect!

Sorry boys....it's ours now!

Yeah, I love flowers but, the curtains and flower pillows have to go, they are disturbing the peace. What I mean by that is that they just jump out at you while the other furniture is neutral. I love green and white together.

Email: mariacallison@hotmail.com

It wasn't me! While I like the room and think it's very pretty, in a 'bright' sort of way... I would never choose those drapes, or that particular shade of green paint on the walls. What is that shade of green anyway? Is that what they call Chartruse? It kind of makes my eyes want to shoot blood. LOL!!!

I do love the furniture and the furniture placement and accessories though; minus the flowered pillows that match those hideous drapes.

BEFORE AND AFTER !

Scarby's house before/after

you are right Abide in Him, the multiple shades of greens are creating chaos. The best color of green is that of the plants on the coffee table. OK, is this Rita or House Beautiful...............Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just can not understand why you sisters did'nt like how we had it all set up.

We had that used, lived in, industrial feel happening

New information suggests that maybe

Joyful Susan
Diane
Lisaleenie
Kolleen

May of been involved?

Yes, the garage is the man cave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corgi Mom Maria
Yes, the garage is the man cave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't blame me!!! This the vision I had for the room...

that room looks very uncomfortable..i like pillows and comfy couches....

joyful susan ,

OH NO...How did you get a picture of my mansion
that's waiting for me? And if it's finished
(looks that way to me) WHY AM I STILL HERE !

OH YES THAT'S it ...it's mine.

I know you can not see it in that pic but just to the right Ihad designed a perfect spot for you and the guys...

Joyful dear Sis,

Great room, but can you please move the sofa's to one side.

Kman wants to bring in his Harley
Neal his half finished car
All our jars of nails and nuts and bolts
Our work benches

You dont mind if we hang our tools on the wall do you?

Paul/Aussie
Joyful dear Sis,

Great room, but can you please move the sofa's to one side.

Kman wants to bring in his Harley
Neal his half finished car
All our jars of nails and nuts and bolts
Our work benches

You dont mind if we hang our tools on the wall do you?

thats what the other side of the room is for....I just oraganized it some and shined the floor up.....

I guess we can move the car out of the way.....if you want..

mary
joyful susan ,

Nooooooo! It's mine!!!!!! Gi'me, gi'me, gi,me... I want!

Sorry, my inner child got out for a moment there.

Okay I will make a concession on the "man cave thing" if I get the car!!...I think that is fair...then me and girls can go out crusin over the Christian Book Store, or the Vineyard, Family Christian Book Store, Starbucks, Panera Bread for lunch..Oh and if I get a speeding ticket, I like to drive fast, then you guys can chip in and bail me out of traffic court.
Sounds fair to me.

By the way the name of the paint on the wall is: baby food green bean green. It takes a lot of baby food to get white paint that color.

AbideInHim
mary
joyful susan ,

Nooooooo! It's mine!!!!!! Gi'me, gi'me, gi,me... I want!

Sorry, my inner child got out for a moment there.

Its actually a house in a community north of fort worth called Vaquero... it was the only one that i could find with funiture that looked comfortable....you have to be invited to live there!!! (kind of like heaven ) those brothers the jonas brothers ( I so do not know their names) live there...

Here is one of my favorites

I like to go there and dream of my mansion...

Thanks, J.S.!

Those pictures are fabulous! That is one big, beautiful kitchen. Think of the stuff the Rita Ladies, and guys too, could be cook'in up in there. A whole lot of cook'in goin on.

I'll leave the kitchen to you guys....don't want to cook anymore.....I want a food replicator....thanks!

AbideInHim

It wasn't me! While I like the room and think it's very pretty, in a 'bright' sort of way... I would never choose those drapes, or that particular shade of green paint on the walls. What is that shade of green anyway? Is that what they call Chartruse? It kind of makes my eyes want to shoot blood. LOL!!!

I do love the furniture and the furniture placement and accessories though; minus the flowered pillows that match those hideous drapes.

hahahah I just now saw this..... I undestand what you mean..that room must have been done by someone on another board.... we have better taste ..rigth girls...I would have to sit in that room with my sunglasses on...

You would'nt of thought that I would of needed all these plates, bowls etc to make 1x sandwich, but I did!!!

Dont worry I will wash them when I get back!!
O.K tomorrow then!!!
Next week!!!
Promise :-)

Paul/Aussie
We just can not understand why you sisters did'nt like how we had it all set up.

We had that used, lived in, industrial feel happening

New information suggests that maybe

Joyful Susan
Diane
Lisaleenie
Kolleen

May of been involved?

It was kolleen she was in there for a long time not saying anything...and you left out scott he came in too...also a lurker came in who noticed he could not lurk without being seen and left realy really fast...

and besides it smelled before.... dont you like the orange vanilla candles now?...also we can cook...so you want us happy.

Paul/Aussie
You would'nt of thought that I would of needed all these plates, bowls etc to make 1x sandwich, but I did!!!

Dont worry I will wash them when I get back!!
O.K tomorrow then!!!
Next week!!!
Promise :-)

are you sure my son was not helping you?

what kind of sandwhich wsas it and you did not share..to the naughty chair for you....

Lynn
By the way the name of the paint on the wall is: baby food green bean green. It takes a lot of baby food to get white paint that color.

I amn so past the baby stage so we can not have that color....

the couch is pretty though...

mary
joyful susan ,

LOL Mary... the angel design team are working on the landscape....then by the end of this week it will be finished ....move that bus move that bus...

BarbS
I'll leave the kitchen to you guys....don't want to cook anymore.....I want a food replicator....thanks!

who said I was going to cook... I will have angels for that...lol and they will clean it up to.....

When I was young and living by myself I used to try and cook a complete meal in one pot or pan.

That was the challenge.

Then the pan became your dinner plate and the spoon etc used to cook became your knife and fork!!!

The food that was cooked.....Well thats another story!!!

Paul/Aussie
When I was young and living by myself I used to try and cook a complete meal in one pot or pan.

That was the challenge.

Then the pan became your dinner plate and the spoon etc used to cook became your knife and fork!!!

The food that was cooked.....Well thats another story!!!

hmm I think I will try that with my son tomorrow....it beats having to wash dishes...and he probably would not mind....well actually I know he is going to want me to grill the ribs we h ave in the fridge....maybe he can just eat them off the grill andi will still be happy...

What a grate post , i love it, u all make me smile, and yes u can tell those are Texas homes, love the stone in the kitchen,

I love it when the lite side of life comes out in us, Praise the Lord we have a Grate Daddy Amem.

The room is grate for a little girl, but ill take the other for my self.

And guys please. no junk in the house ,and don't for get 2 clean ur feet be for u come in the house.

And the oil on the rags form the bike please keep them out side , smells bad, and on that note,
BC wings for dinner , with corn on cob and mashed spuds, fresh bread and salad. See u all for dinner
Oh ya and dont for get Jesus gets head of table
see u at dinner
ysis in
christ carolyn

I knew you girls would'nt mind

Hey look, it even matches the decor

Hey!!! it is raining outside, have some heart

Okay Paul,
After long hours of toil and sweat, Our Man Cave is finished. Boy I could not believe there was that much guano in the world...anyways. Sit back and enjoy the ambiance.

As you can see there is plenty of room for storage, toolboxes, workbenches and power tools. You can park your bike right next to the Batmobileâ„¢.

LOL Mary... the angel design team are working on the landscape....then by the end of this week it will be finished ....move that bus move that bus...

YEA I can't wait !!!!!!! here I come you big
beautiful HOME and no mortgage !

WOW I just read the Oil Wreck thread joyful susan ,
I am so glad my home is just about done with the little touches. What a time we are living in!

knight michael!! That is the coolest media room I have ever seen...Ilove it ...we can all watch JVI and JR Chruch together...

mary

YEA I can't wait !!!!!!! here I come you big
beautiful HOME and no mortgage !

WOW I just read the Oil Wreck thread joyful susan ,
I am so glad my home is just about done with the little touches. What a time we are living in!

I know!!! I could not sleep last night and then I woke up this mornign with a strange feeling about the day......

Joyful Susan...I know!!! I could not sleep last night and then I woke up this mornign with a strange feeling about the day......

I went out today to run errands and the thought came to my mind that we are out of time. All test and
papers have been handed in for final grade.

And we are do to graduate!

Well, with all those tools and such magnificent manpower available...who said we couldn't add on a garage workshop for the mancave? Just keep pounding down during worship and Bible Study time..and oh yes, tea time. We can make concessions. We'll figure out something.

Maybe we'll live on Rita Rolling Acres where we can be neighbors. Sabrina can bring her horses and Mt. Mollie will locate us near a mountain. Should have a stream for fishing, too, so you guys can have special quality time and teach the kids and grandkids how to fish.

Do you suppose there'll be sporty motorcycles for getting away from the gals for manly jaunts around New Jerusalem?

Maybe we need a quiet zone and a noisy zone? Oh well, whatever the plan--I know we'll love it. On second thought, I don't think you'll need motorbikes there.

This is going to take some adjusting in our thinking. I sure hope we get tour guides to help us adjust. Not worried, but Wondering if we can even imagine what it will be like?! Oh well, fun to contemplate!

I can only imagine......

Knight Michael, Will we be able to get Ironman 3 when it comes out next year? Or only Batman adventures? Hate to leave stories incomplete. I'd imagine though that we won't even remember such things there. What do you thinReally like your cave get-away. Hope the sisters can visit sometimes, too.

We have so much to look FORWARD TOO!

MAY 23 HOME AT LAST...

Victory Chanter
Knight Michael, Will we be able to get Ironman 3 when it comes out next year? Or only Batman adventures? Hate to leave stories incomplete. I'd imagine though that we won't even remember such things there. What do you think? Really like your cave get-away. Hope the sisters can visit sometimes, too.

Sure everyone is welcome.

2011 is supposed to be the release of the Thor Movie and Captain America Movie to prepare the way for the Avengers Movie in 2012. Doubt we will be here to see that though.

"I'm Tony Stark A.K.A. Iron Man and these are my bodyguards...errr Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3. What can I say I have a lot of free time on my hands."

"Did someone call for Captain America?"

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com