Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need Prayer: My wife wants a divorce

I never thought I would be posting something like this. It just seems so sareal and not happening. Maybe I am in shock..not sure. This is my first post on RITA but I have been coming to the site for about a year. I would have never posted something like this but I just don't have anyone else to turn to.

Let me just give you prayer warriors a quick break down so we all can be on the same page. My wife and I are christians just for the record. We lost our business about 7 months ago and the financial, emotional, mental strain has been one from the pit of hell. I would not wish that on anyone! We have lost just about everything. The good news is we have reopened the business but it is creeping along. My wife and I have drifted apart. We argue a lot and I feel like I don't know her anymore and she feels the same way. We have been together for 17 years and we have two children with one on the way. Our third child will be here in about 1 week.Our discussions go no where and she has brought divorce to the table many times. She has alowed the seed of divorce to be planted within her and now I see the fruit as it grows and takes root. I feel helpless as I watch this unfold right before my eyes. There is to much at stake so please pray for restoration for this marriage. I know everyone is talking about the rapture so I don't want to bring anyone down. If someone or a few of you pray for this marriage I would appreciate it. I have already lost enough and I don't want to loose my family.

Thanks,
Scott

Email: metalfinger@comcast.net

Re: Need Prayer: My wife wants a divorce

I will pray for you brother. I will pray for reconciliation and restoration and peace. I will pray for healing and for God to bring both of you to Him where you will again see each other face to face.
Keep your focus on the Lord let Him be your guide. I am praying for the Lord to allow you to forgive each other and confess to each other any wrongs and to do so humbly without argument or anger.

I am praying for the Lord to teach you both again how to love each other.

Peace to you brother,

In Christ,
John

Email: murleyj@gmail.com

Metalfinger
I never thought I would be posting something like this. It just seems so sareal and not happening. Maybe I am in shock..not sure. This is my first post on RITA but I have been coming to the site for about a year. I would have never posted something like this but I just don't have anyone else to turn to.

Let me just give you prayer warriors a quick break down so we all can be on the same page. My wife and I are christians just for the record. We lost our business about 7 months ago and the financial, emotional, mental strain has been one from the pit of hell. I would not wish that on anyone! We have lost just about everything. The good news is we have reopened the business but it is creeping along. My wife and I have drifted apart. We argue a lot and I feel like I don't know her anymore and she feels the same way. We have been together for 17 years and we have two children with one on the way. Our third child will be here in about 1 week.Our discussions go no where and she has brought divorce to the table many times. She has alowed the seed of divorce to be planted within her and now I see the fruit as it grows and takes root. I feel helpless as I watch this unfold right before my eyes. There is to much at stake so please pray for restoration for this marriage. I know everyone is talking about the rapture so I don't want to bring anyone down. If someone or a few of you pray for this marriage I would appreciate it. I have already lost enough and I don't want to loose my family.

Thanks,
Scott

Oh scott my heart is breaking for you..I remember those days so well and how I felt so alone and I wentr driving around and drove in a church parking lot wanting to go in and asking anyone to pray for me.... thank God you are able to come here and empty your heart and ask us to pray for you...I understand that desperation...

Father I lift scott up to you in the name of Jesus and I pray for restoration of his marriage... I pray that the doors of communication will be opened and You will make away where there seems to be no way...soften his wifes heart and change her desires... put the desires of her husband back into her heart...and i pray that her desire wil be to stay and work on her marriage and she will not have a desire to turn and walk away... I bind the enemy off of this marriage and I declare that you will not have it in the name of Jesus...I speak blessings over this marriage that was ordained by God and I speak strenght and unity...give them both compassion and liive for each other...remind them oh Lord of the first time they fell in love and bring back the passion they once had ..In Jesus name..I apply the blood of Jesus to this marriage ..to Scott His wife and his family and what the enemy meant for harm I pray that You will turn it aroudn for Your glory for a sign and a testomy for others....

thank you Jesus for hearing and answering our prayers..In Jesus name and You get all the glory...Amen

for you, brother Scott. Hang in there. It could be that she's just feeling the pressure of everything, & it may change once the baby comes.

& WELCOME... glad to have you with us.

TN Dove
for you, brother Scott. Hang in there. It could be that she's just feeling the pressure of everything, & it may change once the baby comes.

& WELCOME... glad to have you with us.

Agree with what TN Dove has posted. Am praying for you.

Email: cidp@aol.com

I'm praying for you Scott.

Bob

Lord bless Scott and give him teh words to say.

help them to stay together.

agreement with Ritas prayers-

Scott, I know it's hard right now, but you MUST be the conciliatory one right now, even if/when she's wrong. She's about to give birth and the hormones and emotions and pain and everything associated with that, is influencing her. Be the rock right now, even if in any specific disagreement you think you're right and she's wrong, doesn't matter. Just be a rock, be supportive, just be there.

God bless.

...and HORMONES

once the baby comes the hormones will level off

Praying for you and your wife, the new baby on the way and your 2 other children, for Peace and Rest, and Grace.

In Yeshua's name, Amen

Praying in agreement with all here, Scott. For all needs and concerns for both you and your wife.

Scott dear Brother,

I am in agreement with all my brother and sisters, great advice.

I will keep you in my daily prayers bro

ybiC / Paul

Lifting you up in prayer, Scott. You are not alone.

I highly recommend that you copy down and pray back out loud and often the Holy Spirit anointed prayer that Joyful Susan wrote out. Speak it out in the 1st person tense. As the head of your family, God has given you the authority to be a covering over them and to destroy the lies of Satan.

That prayer is awesome and will pierce the kingdom of darkness that is trying to destroy your marriage. Do it now, do not delay brother. You are in a battle with a shrewd enemy and need to use the right weapons against him. Truth always wins.

YBIC

Tom

Email: tparbar@gmail.com

Dear Lord,
We lift up Scott and his wife. Lord we pray for a calming peace in the eye of the storm. Lord there are so many things that are beyond our control, but we know that you are a God who saves. A God who saves lives, who saves souls and who saves marriages. We pray for a spirit of humility that these two would be able to come together in a spirit of unity and purpose. Lord we know that it is Your will that marriages be reconciled, so we pray that you would work on Scott's wife's heart that you might find tenderness and compassion there and cause it to grow in the face of what the enemy is doing. We pray for restoration where the enemy seeks to destroy. We pray for renewal where the enemy seeks to tear down. We pray for hopefulness where the enemy seeks to cause despair. Lord we pray that you would pour our your blessing on this couple that all might see the power of Your favor. Lord we pray all these things in the powerful name of Jesus, in the power of His shed blood and in the power of the resurrection. Amen.

Scott,
I am so very sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you, and my prayers are going up for you brother! She does need you right now, and I can tell you desperately don't want to lose her. I am praying for you brother. Please don't hesitate to ask for prayers here! Many blessings!!

You have to cover her in prayer. God hates divorce, so you know where this is coming from....Rebuke satan in the name of Jesus and pray for a hedge of protection around your marriage.

Father, I come to You in agreement with all those here praying for Scott and his marriage. Lord I ask that the baby coming will bring this mother and father closer, knowing You will accomplish Your will in their marriage and in their lives. Lord, heal this marriage and its problems. I thank you Father for what You will do for this couple and their marriage. Let them remain a family intact. In Jesus' precious name I thank You - Amen.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and prayers. That means A LOT to me!

Thank you again
Scott

Scott,

Don't give up on your marriage just yet! You guys are going through alot right now. Your wife is prego so her emotions are crazy.. When I was prego emotions are different and we weren't going through nothing you guys are going through. You both need to talk more spend time together without the kids.. When my husband and I got into fights, I have said divorce many times and I really didn't mean it.. You need to write her a letter and tell her how much you love her - I mean a deep long letter, you guys been together for 17 years, if you can make this far, why give up now. If your both Christians then she will want to move on with you. Tell her how divorce is not an option that our family will stay together forever.. You guys are about to have another baby - that is soo special, starting over with a new baby will be so much love and fun.. Your marriage is just begining all over... Think different and pray to God to change her heart and she will...

I will pray with you - SweetMarie

Shalom Scott,I'm standing in prayer for you,may ABBA YEHOVAH,and KING YESHUA, Bring Full Restoration,and Healing to your Marriage, and Broken Heart,May HIS Loving Arms,Wrap Surround you,and your family,your sweet Children,I Cover you with the Precious BLOOD of The LAMB.

Scott, I am praying for you...Father, I pray that you would send Your Word and heal this marriage...for Your Word says "I hate divorce"..."Nothing is too hard for you". Father, You know the devastation that results in most divorces. Restore what once was in their relationship and give them both wisdom and guidance in their choices as they seek Your face. I plead Your blood Jesus over both involved here and their family. I ask this now in Jesus name, amen...

His Blessings upon both of you...Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

Scott, praying in agreement with the others.

I do think the hormone thing is playing into some of this too - and being a mom of 3 is hard. She probably feels she just wants "out" of life and its problems and the only part she feels she has control over is her marriage. Of course, divorce won't make her free at all and will add TONS more problems, but she is not thinking clearly right now.

I agree with SweetMarie about writing her a letter and just letting her know that you are supporting her no matter what and that you love her. Bless you for being a wonderful Christian man who is willing to seek help. Most worldly men sure wont.

If you can release your wife emotionally - in other words, tell her you love her and want to be married to her, but even if she decides otherwise, you will be there to support her (complete unconditional love), she will probably feel the pressure of life ease up, and she will be able to come to her senses and stay put. Take away all resistance to what she is trying to do and she will have no one to fight against, and she will be able to relax and see clearly.

And of course I will keep praying that satan does not take advantage of this situation!

I too will add my prayers for you dear brother.

Joining in prayers over both of you.

YSIC
Brenz

Scott,
Welcome to RITA. Agreeing in prayer with my brothers and sisters. May God hold both of you in the palm of his hand and keep you through this attack.

nimbus
Scott, I know it's hard right now, but you MUST be the conciliatory one right now, even if/when she's wrong. She's about to give birth and the hormones and emotions and pain and everything associated with that, is influencing her. Be the rock right now, even if in any specific disagreement you think you're right and she's wrong, doesn't matter. Just be a rock, be supportive, just be there.

God bless.

Scott, having been in the position your wife is in right now, I can't tell you enough what good advice this is from nimbus. Be there for her no matter what. Let her know how very much you love her, even if you don't feel like it. It will mean so much to her, even if she doesn't let you know immediately.

Praying for you and your precious family, brother.

Diane C
Scott, praying in agreement with the others.

I do think the hormone thing is playing into some of this too - and being a mom of 3 is hard. She probably feels she just wants "out" of life and its problems and the only part she feels she has control over is her marriage. Of course, divorce won't make her free at all and will add TONS more problems, but she is not thinking clearly right now.

I agree with SweetMarie about writing her a letter and just letting her know that you are supporting her no matter what and that you love her. Bless you for being a wonderful Christian man who is willing to seek help. Most worldly men sure wont.

If you can release your wife emotionally - in other words, tell her you love her and want to be married to her, but even if she decides otherwise, you will be there to support her (complete unconditional love), she will probably feel the pressure of life ease up, and she will be able to come to her senses and stay put. Take away all resistance to what she is trying to do and she will have no one to fight against, and she will be able to relax and see clearly.

And of course I will keep praying that satan does not take advantage of this situation!

Excellent advice, Diane.

Joyful Susan
Father I lift scott up to you in the name of Jesus and I pray for restoration of his marriage... I pray that the doors of communication will be opened and You will make away where there seems to be no way...soften his wifes heart and change her desires... put the desires of her husband back into her heart...and i pray that her desire wil be to stay and work on her marriage and she will not have a desire to turn and walk away... I bind the enemy off of this marriage and I declare that you will not have it in the name of Jesus...I speak blessings over this marriage that was ordained by God and I speak strenght and unity...give them both compassion and liive for each other...remind them oh Lord of the first time they fell in love and bring back the passion they once had ..In Jesus name..I apply the blood of Jesus to this marriage ..to Scott His wife and his family and what the enemy meant for harm I pray that You will turn it aroudn for Your glory for a sign and a testomy for others....

thank you Jesus for hearing and answering our prayers..In Jesus name and You get all the glory...Amen

Excellent prayer. I say a big AMEN to this!

Oh, and by the way, WELCOME SCOTT!! I do pray that the Lord changes your wife's heart and mind. There has been excellent advice that has been presented here, dear brother.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com