Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Against The Grain

It has been mentioned that I haven’t been posting much lately (which I duly admit). So I asked the Lord for inspiration over the weekend, and this is what I received.

AGAINST THE GRAIN

As we travel the paths of life,
Dealing with stress and strain,
Our faith is tested and forged by fire,
As we traverse against the grain.

With so many forks in so many roads,
The myriad choices can drive us insane,
It’s hard to determine the proper direction,

The cold winds blow, the dust storms flow,
The tides continually wax and wane,
There doesn’t appear to be much calm,

Jesus stated that we would suffer such strife,
By carrying the Cross on which He was slain,
The heathens rage, scoff, and scorn,

A prophet of old spoke for the Lord,
“To live is Christ, to die is gain”,
But too many voices now speak for themselves,

Their messages are empty – generic in form,
Gushing like tempests that bellow in vain,
They somehow are emboldened to exalt themselves,

Our journey now brings us to this point in time,
Shadows of THE END are visibly plain,
The tares have infiltrated amongst the wheat,

Trust in God and read the Word,
So as to withstand the hurricane,
Don’t pay heed to “feelings” or “dreams”,

The Lord didn’t die at Calvary,
Or suffer that excruciating pain,
For us to now listen to the utterances of “man”,

The time has come to separate,
From a world that holds us in disdain,
No longer will we need to seek shelter here,
For we will have finished traversing against the grain.

Time is short! Don’t look around, look UP!!

Humbly Irrelevant

Re: Against The Grain

Oh Wow Humbly..

This is awesome...

every time you post another poem I say, this is the best, and I am not stopping now..this is the best or one of the best....

Thank you for sharing your inspirations..

YSIC

Humbly-

We've missed you. Did you see the long thread a few days ago--everyone looking for you and wondering where you've been? Glad to see you're "up to snuff" yet! You've still got the touch. Just keep getting better and better.

Thanks for checking in. Things are getting exciting around here. We may just take off on our own if we get enough momentum built up!

VC

Yes, Yes and amen, Humbly. Truly a word straight from the Heart of God.

The best yet!!

Tom

Email: tparbar@gmail.com

Traversing against the grain!! You can say that again! Amen Humbly!

Yep.. you've still got it Humbly! Great word!

I humbly say it was a greatly stated truth.
Thanks HUMBLY !!! Your inspiration comes
from HS evidently !! Let us keep the traversing
till the END !!!

Ales

Sarah, Victory Chanter, Tom, Melissa, Shirley, and Ales:

Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement, and fellowship. Although we don't interact as we once did (the forum has grown and changed its face), I must say that I have missed you all and look forward to the DAY that we finally meet. It has been a long, loooonnnnnggg wait!!

God bless you Friends!!

Humbly Humbled

Perhaps the best poem you have ever posted and I take it to heart -- this has been what I have been feeling lately and I'm trying to cut my ties with everything around me - only to focus on HIM.

Thank you!

Email: leesascott@embarqmail.com

Thank you Leesa.

Isn't it amazing how a Christian can be led to write and post something like this (that some say is touched by the Holy Spirit), while at the same time this same individual can be torn apart on other posts calling him "evil" and "a tool of the enemy"?

When you stand for the Truth, darkness will try to diminish your Light. When you step forward into the fire, you can bet that you'll feel the heat.

Let God guide us in because the fire is getting hot.

Humbly

Humbly Irrelevant
Sarah, Victory Chanter, Tom, Melissa, Shirley, and Ales:

Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement, and fellowship. Although we don't interact as we once did (the forum has grown and changed its face), I must say that I have missed you all and look forward to the DAY that we finally meet. It has been a long, loooonnnnnggg wait!!

God bless you Friends!!

Humbly Humbled

Yea Humbly I also miss the interaction that once was on this board..but as you said on the other thread..it has turned into a chat room. sorry to say.

Good seeing you back.

Wanted to tell you that your wife has been on my heart lately and I want to tell you that I prayed for my dh for 12 years, I left town and he accepted Christ while I was gone..PTL

I think God was keeping me "humble"

YSIC

Isn't that just always the way, Sarah?!!

You do all the work (praying for your husband) and God gets all the glory!!

Thank you for thinking about my wife and we'll put her in God's hands just like you did your husband.

Isn't it just amazing how I was led to come to RITA today for this post, and in the meantime, I think I contributed to one of the biggest firestorms we've ever had here (almost 1,000 hits in less than 4 hours -- Pugs gets the record hands down).

I hope that there was a reason for all this today, and that God uses all things for good to those that love Him. There must be a Divine purpose for the conflagration that is now occurring.

Let's pray that it is so. I look forward to meeting you soon and discussing our mutual and parallel paths that our lives have run.

God bless!!

Humbly

Humbly,

I have no words. They (the words) seem to only be trouble today?

I stand with you. I believe I stand with God. I'm sorry there are those who see evil when they read our words.

Can it be so?!?

I love you, Brother.

Humbly,

You have always been and always will be one of my favorite posters. You are so level-headed and reasonable. Thank you!

Can't wait to meet you soon in Heaven! There will be no more strife there! Won't that be wonderful!

Thank you Cesca!

I'll tell ya, Sis, when you step out in faith for our Lord you'll immediately be confronted with evil. Darkness does not want God's Light shined into their cave.

I am very confident that we stand with God, we follow His will, and that our enemies will attack us until the day that they are destroyed. Jesus has already pronounced judgment against them -- we are just waiting for verdict to be carried out.

Let us keep looking up because it gets uglier down here by the minute.

See you at the courthouse Sis! (nobody else will understand that except us and those who were here a few years ago). The Strawberry Fields await our arrival.

Humbly

AMEN!!!

Humbly.

I agree with you..Maybe what has happened here today (On the other thread) had to be said and done. I have heard people say that it was an attack but I wonder if it was God keeping the forum for Him and not for chatting and nonsense..

Keep looking up!

Humbly,
I am always blessed by your inspired writing. thank you!

Maybe Today:

I can't tell you how much your words touched my heart after a day like today. For you to state that I "have always been and always will be one of (your) favorite posters", that just makes me want to crumble into a sobbing mess on the floor -- curled up in a fetal position under the desk.

I don't know if I truly deserve such nice sentiments, but it sure is appreciated. Thank you.

Whenever I see your name, it reminds me of the poem I wrote a year or two ago. It's in the archives now, but it had the same title as your moniker, "Maybe Today".

I can't wait to meet you either.

Humbly

Cheryl Ann:

Even responses in posts like "Thus saith the Lord?" by Pugs? Life ain't easy, is it?

YBIC,

Humbly

Especially your posts like in "Thus saith the Lord"! You are sound, brother! And what you said needed to be said.

I say this with all honesty, finding one of your posts is like finding the prize in the Cracker Jack box.

I'm going to try to find your poem, "Maybe Today". I remember reading it before but I want to read it again and be encouraged.

Thanks Maybe Someday!

Funny you should say what you did, because I just found that poem in a Cracker Jacks box (I was kind of curious too as to what I wrote way back then).

I originally entitled it "Maybe Someday", but for some reason I changed it to "How About Today?" at the last minute before I posted it.

I'll post it again on a different thread.

Humbly

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com