Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rapture question

Hi all

I've been wondering about telling my wife about the Rapture coming this weekend. She's seen dates come and go and doesn't want to hear about it any more. I think she's gotten too into the world, rather than looking into eternal things. She wants to live life to its full extent and watch the kids grow up rather than face the fact that time's up. How should I approach the subject on that?

Re: Rapture question

Hi Paul, I honestly feel your very witness of Holy Spirit dwelling in you is a powerful presence God will use to 'convict' your wife. She knows your stance, right?

Because your wife shows no interest, my opinion is I'd let it slide, you don't have to mention the rapture to her. I think it's up to our Lord to 'sway' her . . prayer's the persuasion I'd use.

Hi Paul and Donna,

I am so glad to read this question and an answer. I have been wondering the same thing about saying something to my husband. Our situation is a little different. He has been working in Iraq for the past 4-1/2 years. I haven't seen him since January 10. He is supposed to leave Iraq next Tuesday and get home next Thursday (May 27). He is a very committed Christian and I can honestly say that it is his faith that has been an influence on mine. But he is not a rapture-watcher. I do have anxiety issues, lots of gloom-and-doominess, and that's what he thinks is going on with me when I start going on about "the end of the world." I'm not gloomy now; I'm excited and hopeful, but if I say something and it doesn't happen, there's gonna be a big "I told you so" coming. The happy part is that I know he'll be snatched up whether he knows it's coming or not, and we may just see each other sooner than he imagines - heehee!

Paul, I never thought of asking this question on RITA, so thank you for doing it.

Donna, thank you for your answer. I feel a great sense of peace about not throwing it up to him and others who have made it plain that they are happy to leave this to God and not "worry" about it.

Ya know, Debra, I keep remembering Christ's PEACE permeating His soul and witness He graciously displayed here on earth.

What a Great Teacher and LORD we have!

Jesus lived and spoke with a Divine serenity we can only imagine, never forcing anything He said. Blessed in Truth, amen, He was our God with us, yea, and now Risen in Glory.

Except when he was righteously and justifiably angered by the Pharisees and hypocrites, His wonderful Peace was awesome to behold, I'm sure.

. . This we know, our Lord was a Man of Prayer here; and afterward, He spoke as He was led by His Father . .

Seems there are times to speak and times to be still, huh . . Holy Spirit's promptings happen, I believe, in the realm of His peace . . .

Donna
I keep remembering Christ's PEACE permeating His soul and witness. Oh, what a Great Teacher and LORD. He lived and spoke in a serenity we can only imagine, never forcing anything He said, He graciously spoke His blessed Truth (except when he was righteously and justifiably angered by the Pharisees and hypocrites.

. . Reading much how our Lordwas a Man of Prayer; afterward, He spoke as He was led by His Father . .

Seems there are times to speak and times to be still, huh . . Holy Spirit's promptings happen, I believe, in the realm of His peace . . .

Thanks, Donna. I've been feeling a little sad about the prospect of not seeing my husband this side of heaven again, but if that's how it turns out, we will be reunited in a different, but more perfect relationship there with our Lord. And if he WERE here, I would not be spending so much time doing "rapture-watch" with you guys. So...I have to look at it as win-win!

Either way, Debra, you've got a reunion coming, sis . . that's special . . course the Heavenly one is MOST SPECIAL . . .

Praying for your husband's safe return, . .

praying, too . . we're all going to the Majestic Reunion above, any moment!!!

I know what you mean Paul, my wife is the same way. I've mentioned a lot of past possible dates and they came and went. I think that it may discourage her watching if you hype her up for more dates that just come and go. I'm hoping that we're out of here this weekend, but we may not be. Personally I'll be looking to Rosh Hashana if it's not Pentecost.

I have to share breakthrough with my husband! Praise the Lord. I'd been copying some threads to reply to that were left near the computer, which he found and began to comment in. "I saw that article about..." "I read your reply about..." " That's your avatar, right?" Huge progress! Even understanding about my time here now!! How great is that ? Talk about progress. He recently saw a prayer I typed to someone and saw that in a positive light and ministry to that person. Now he's seeing the urgency I feel.

Two days ago I printed out two Bible studies arriving to the same conclusion on the 23rd but coming from different perspectives. I also printed newsy articles of current events and one on the financial future headed our way. Money has gotten tight here and he's feeling the pinch--so a high interest area of concern (personal interest related). I had 5 or so articles and handed them to him to read with some comment about news you'd be interested in reading. There was a map of the oil spill that began in the gulf and is now getting into rivers, lakes, etc. It was a thermoscan someway. That really caught his attention because there's a large dark blob in the middle of the country--not an ocean.

Since it's our home state--NE--I was questioning & wondering how it got there and he was able to speculate how it did. He reminded me that we used to be an ocean and of all the evidence especially in the sandhills area of the country/state. He reminded me of the dinosaur finds of aquatic animals of the past. We talked of the extinction event of the dinosaur age where remains of animals have been found here near a body of water no longer there and how there must be seepage to the middle of this country someway.

I then went about my business and glanced over later finding him really examining these articles including the Pentecost conclusions. I said,"It's the Jubilee part that's really confirming this to me along with all the current events and signs around us."

He didn't say much but I could tell he was as convinced and would wait & see. It's been a huge breakthrough. Praise the Lord. He's not even complaining about the time I spend here now!!!

Now my daughter is the one I want to talk to and haven't. She's going to college, working full time, is a single parent and carrying a full load. She has found the love of her life, a wonderful caring Christian man we love dearly. He's begun to step up to the plate with our grandson to be a father figure to him. Grandson's dad abandoned him and his mom. Papa is both grandpa and like a dad. My daughter's suitor has noone in his life , so parenthood is new and he's wondering how he'd adjust. As a bachelor all these years, he's gotten set in his ways. Ha!

The problem has been his elderly mother who is dependent on him too much. They've faced a crisis this week as her senior care home evicted her. She's now beyond their care level. She keeps falling and the rescue squad keeps coming. Senility has set in and she's angry at the world now and taking it out on her son to the point of being abusive. There's a flurry of activity surrounding all this mother's needs. This week she got into a nursing home luxurious enough to be a cruiseship. lol But she's spitting venom. Daughter's friend keeps taking time off work to take care of the crisis.

This week has been tough because now he doesn't just hear from mom but the nursing home and new geriatric doctor, too. The point I'm making is that they've got too much on their plate right now. He's wondering if mom will get kicked out here, too. Such a worry. He's a wonderful son and doesn't deserve to be treated as mom is. He's given up his life to care for her but at this point he can no longer do so. She's not in her right mind and so please pray this new Dr. is the answer to prayer for all involved and affected--including nurses. She's been on a rampage this week. Has had nurse in tears even. Still has his sense of humor..Mom's new phone to his cell phone is labled, "What now?" lol

The good news and answer to prayer is this new Dr. He believes she's not on the right pain meds which could be a lot of the problem--recently had surgery. Boyfriends ready to knock mom out-Ha! He's desperate for relief and they all need a break from this stress. So do I add to their burdens right now?

I'll take it to the Lord in prayer. I did mention Mother's day that I believed Jesus was coming soon and daughter never scoffed. That's a change, too.

So Paul, we're all there in one way or another. I hope sharing my husband's breakthrough that you'll be encouraged. That oil spill is a Bibical foretold event in itself that could very well be an extinction event in progress.

If that doesn't get recognized, nothing will. And really caught my husband's attention--especially seeing it affect inland this far. It's an attention getter extrordinaire. VC

Since Sept. 2009 fell thru, here's what I do with my little woman these days..

I just make a statement something like this..

"I was reading the forum and most think that the rapture might actually happen on May 23 which is Pentacost.. They think because the Holy Spirit came down and started the Church on that day, that it will be this time that the Church will be removed.."

This way if there's a blame shout, LOL.. it will be toward you guys...LOL

She listens, but doesn't say much.. By my rapture vision last Oct. 29.. I think all my family will be there..

Joseph

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com