General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
poisen ivy block and cleanser that works!
heres two products I have used with very good results the past 2 months. the oak and ivy brand tecnu cleanser you apply the first 2 hours after being exposed. you can call 1-888-oak-n-ivy for info. the Enviroderm ivy block you apply 15min. before exposure. call 1...
Views: 1533   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 16, 2006 2:22pm
by Dave
Code of Conduct (Updated March 2006)
Code of Conduct on the Rusty Bunch Site Because of complaints by a number of site viewers, at the Blue Gray Show the Board of Directors voted unanimously to institute a code of conduct. This is not done without a lot of conversation. This is not censorship, per se...
Views: 1355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2006 4:12pm
by Rusty Bunch Offi...
r
Rand
Posting Pictures and HTML tricks
The purpose of this message is to answer two questions: How do I include pictures in my postings? ....and How do I do all those other cool little things like you just did right here with these two bullets...and...OOOooo....that line coming up next? Including Pi...
Views: 1808   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 24, 2006 9:43pm
by Rand
This Forum is Now Locked
This Forum Is Now Locked, please use the new forum for all future postings. This forum will stay up for a limited time as Read-Only. NEW FORUM
Views: 1215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 4:42pm
by Dan Bora
My last post on the old site
This has been a great forum, now that the new one is up a running this one will be gone. No more post as of the 6th of Sept. Dan B
Views: 1103   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 12:06pm
by Paul Nelson
Wally's Collection Has Sold
The bids are in and the collection has been sold
Views: 2601   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 10:11pm
by Captain
p
PAUL C
CANS IN COLLECTION FOR SALE
ive decided im selling my crowntainer collection first, i have over 130 so if interested in anything specific email me now,they will go fast. first come first serve ....... i owe some people i need to take care of, and have been waiting paitently
Views: 2330   Replies: 22
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 3:05pm
by The Sober One
I'll miss this board!
I done learned lots of stuff bout cans here. Also seen some killer pics! Oh well guess I'll take a break in reading and learning about cans and go see if I can figure out that new board. After all, I'm all for saving a buck myself! Steve H.
Views: 1252   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 26, 2006 8:12pm
by Dan Bora
New Message Board is Active.
If you haven't already done so, Please begin using the New Message, as this one will become inactive on September 6th. You can access the new Board from the Main page or by clicking here Danny
Views: 1586   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 1:08am
by Dan Bora
NEW SITE
I SIGNED UP TO THE NEW SITE...AND EVERY TIME I WANT TO REPLY OR POST IT ASKS ME FOR MY USERNAME AND PASSWORD???? THAT CANT BE RIGHT, OR I JUST WONT POST ANYMORE? CAN I STILL USE PHOTOBUCKET? I TRIED THE OLD WAY AND NO DICE! TEACH ME!!!
Views: 1027   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 24, 2006 4:15pm
by Beercanman
Red Top o/i dumper question
hey, finaly got a free day to clean some cans. dumped a Red Top o/i can that is red on one side and silver on the other from Cincinati Ohio. aint in the best of shape as are all the cans from this dump but it is the first one Ive found and goes on brands list from t...
Views: 1229   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 24, 2006 1:35pm
by Lovegun
Pull tabs and Beer cans in 70's and 80's movies
Ok, I for one still collect pull tabs as well as flats and cones, and consider them to be pretty neat. This is Probably because they were used and discontinued long before any memory I would have of them. I've only seen them in my baby pictures being drank by my da...
Views: 2480   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 8:44pm
by al kell
b
Barry
Hmmm...sounds like MY teen years
I had to chuckle when I got this story.I had a clubhouse above the garage in my teen years,but when we drank the Schmidt scenics,it was usually out on a gravel road.Although the cans are worthless,the story is priceless.... Here are some pictures of the bee...
Views: 1065   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 22, 2006 8:04pm
by danielj
Picture of Green/Brown Brown Derby OI Needed
Anyone have, or know someone that has the Brown/Green Brown Derby can? I need to get a good picture of one. I'd like to use it for the logo for the Western States Show in Sacramento for 2007. Anyone? Anyone? Just need a picture, not the can (well, I need the can & wo...
Views: 1451   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 6:25pm
by John S.
Town Clubs & Hop Golds are Easy! Part 2
Just got back from a 3-day dig with the Big D. We did have fun but another brutal outing. After many hours in the truck, we tried to get to Destination #1, but the road was blocked off with boulders and was now a trail. Scratch that place. Destination #2 should be a...
Views: 1694   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 12:01pm
by Calcans
Late night beer can pics and commentary
Too much coffee today! Here's a pic of a couple beers I just poured. Didn't have the guts to drink either. The Miller had some floaty string type stuff in it, but didn't look like keglining. The Schmidt's didn't look too bad, but the smell was pretty rough....
Views: 1596   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 10:31am
by Ross in Humboldt
Maybe they should have had an o/i panel
This is the "aged four months" variation, 51/15. Either the person opening this one needed instructions, or he was an early practictioner of the shotgun method of brewski consumption. Just dumped it about a month ago, and it was an shelfer upgrade! John
Views: 1127   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 9:53am
by John S.
EBay is Bone DRY
OK, now I know it's summer time but I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. As of right now, there are: 40 Cones 75 Flats 160 Pulls Posted on EBay. Did the world end or was there some rush to recycle metal or something? Usually there is enough online t...
Views: 1906   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 10:47pm
by McPorky, etc
Info.
Hi Guys, looking for some info on a Hamms can.It looks like 78/40 in the USBC but it's a 12oz and from L.A..Is this a tough can or common, thanks Fred
Views: 1030   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 9:57pm
by Fred Goerlach
Alright, I just........................
Drank a beer from 1978, which is 3 years older than I am. What I want 2 know is how unsafe is that? I already puked a couple times, and all I tasted was metal. Oh, by the way I'm moving and any day now I will b lisitng some free flats and cones that are extras and...
Views: 1256   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 8:50pm
by Leon
tab dump dumpers
took these from the tab dump, nothing special. Five black label vaiations, most are zips with the top still on. Five different tops too, some bud zips, and juice tops, with a few florida busch cans.
Views: 1179   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 4:20pm
by Jay Sansom
fishing
Went fishing with a friend and his son to Kemmerer, Wyoming 2 weeks ago. The bites were hard to feel, but the evidence that they were there is indisputeable. John
Views: 894   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 2:18pm
by danielj
Lewandowski List
I know this has been mentioned before, but where would I get a copy of the Lewandowski's composite list of cans? Thanks, Rod
Views: 1163   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 8:43am
by Beercanman
ATTN: TOM INMAN
I would like to thank you for the cans. They are great. I received them on Thursday, and it was just like opening a Christmas or birthday present. Nothing like an unknown suprize. My thank you package was sent priority this morning. There is also a few tiny extras th...
Views: 958   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 8:30am
by Tom Inman
Incredible!!!
http://www.beercans.com/OI%20cans-1.htm BR
Views: 1761   Replies: 23
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 2:34am
by Rand
removing rust from can rims
I'm looking for advice on how to clean the rust off of can rims without soaking the can. Thanks. FRJ
Views: 1105   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 8:58pm
by Ken Partyka
Colin S
Colin, The Mile Hi Chilli Cook-Off is at Berkeley Park, I-70 and Sheridan. Saturday, @11 am. Info is also on the BCCA web page and in the BCCA magazine, and also in the Mile Hi Chapter newsletter. If you are bringing Chilli, you should get there before noon....
Views: 970   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 1:28pm
by Colin S.
Cool Blatz sign
I know some of you guys collect old beer signs. Check out this Blatz sign on eBay. I don't know much about the age, but it needs to be in someone collection. Chuck MIbeercans.com
Views: 1122   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 11:34am
by Bryan2
Southeast Arizona question
Chances of me getting stationed in Arizona next summer are pretty good. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck out there. I would love a change of scenery, and some brand changes.
Views: 1065   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 10:23am
by azsaloon
d
David
do any of you get these e-mails?
Dear , Greetings, How are you today? I thank God that I have come across you and believe that you will not turn down my request,Though we never met before but i believe that knowing someone start a day. My name is Cynthia Anoh the daughter of late Mr. Ame...
Views: 981   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 7:37pm
by danielj
Soda cans wanted!
Rusty Bunchers- I'm relatively new to the Rusty Bunch. I was an avid beer can collector for 30 years, the last 10 or so focused on building my cone top collection. I finished selling the bulk of my collection earlier this year. For the past couple years, my i...
Views: 1170   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 4:54pm
by ernest turner
Went Dumping with Ed...
Was going to tack this on to Ed's thread, but figured it would get lost. We did a day trip last Monday & got in a good 8-10 hours of digging. No big finds, though we were in some areas with good age. Condition was pretty good. Here are the beer cans I came home wi...
Views: 1402   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 1:42pm
by Mike Wilbur
b
Brian
BCCA 140-22
Can someone tell me where this can is from? Thanks
Views: 892   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 1:15pm
by Brian
b
Bryan2
Just curious.....I have a question.
I see there is a 1/1+ Running Waiter on eBay that is up around $1500.00. Say you won first prize at Canvention and you could pick that can or 5 similarly desirable cans in grade 3+/2- condition. All 5 would display pretty good. I'm pretty torn on this question, as m...
Views: 1228   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 10:56am
by kb
s
Scott
$760 for a Hamm's starburst!!!!
Wow!! That's a lot of money for a 1950's Hamms can. I was hoping to pick it up for maybe $25. It must be hard, its the only one I don't have from San Fracisco but that is nuts. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170011356394&rd=1&sspagename...
Views: 3005   Replies: 21
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 11:50pm
by Rand
Schlitz LAGER flat bottom cone question
I am looking for what the alcohol statement is on the Schlitz Lager Flat bottom / Inverted Rib cone that's canning code at the bottom of the side panel reads: c.c.co 41-11-F PAT. APPL'D FOR The "F" being the key difference. Also, if you have any Schlitz Lag...
Views: 1489   Replies: 35
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 11:28pm
by Wheaton
k
kimble
Sorry I blew up
Reguarding my post on 8/11/06, I guess that I let my emotions get the better or not so better side of me. KB, the fantasy leauge was fun last year and you did a fine job. My opinion is that even if a guy gets last place he should atleast get a Billy Beer. Canma...
Views: 1379   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 11:03pm
by Leon
Soaked some eastern Sierra Mystery Cans
So far this summer I've been too busy to squeeze a dumping trip in, but yesterday I soaked some completely rusted mystery cans I picked up at a surface dump in May on the east side of the Sierras - 4 flats and 3 low-profile cones. One of the cones had been "modified...
Views: 3695   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 10:36pm
by Leon
d
Dave
Best Beer Can Display case
My collection has been in storage for 4 years since we rebuilt our house. Now we're finishing the basement, and I get to display my 100-150 cans (mostly flats, with a few cones and crowns). I also have 4 rare gallons, and the 2 gallon Burger. What are the best c...
Views: 3928   Replies: 26
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 10:32pm
by Leon
New Board Registration Fixed
Sorry Guys, Some code is missing in the Rusty Bunch Style Template. For now, register with the default template and change it in your profile later. Once again, sorry for the delay: New Message Board
Views: 1025   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 10:25pm
by Jon S.
Painted over Iron City
Hello guys, I have a painted over (in red with decoration) Iron City cone top I probably shouldn't have bought awhile back on E-bay for around $27. The seller works at a Goodwill Store, and it was donated with some other junk. I was wondering if any of you resto...
Views: 1357   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 8:44pm
by Rick Sanders
Grain Belt wooden beer crate before/after pics
Well...here's what's happened so far. I decided to try to restore one side of the case. Both sides were about the same condition. I cleaned the crate with soap/water/brush, the wood came out looking nice! Then I took a slightly dull knife & lightly scraped away the b...
Views: 1011   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 7:15pm
by Roger from OZ
Dumped Pop Bottle
Hey guys, maybe some of you bottle collectors will know something about this. I'm up in the mountains in Utah about an hour out of SLC and we found and old 7oz. Birrell's beverage "only the finest ingredients - Uniformity and purity guaranteed". Idon't have my cam...
Views: 1115   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 12:29pm
by Ken Partyka
k
kb
Inter state and Star
Hey guys, While we like to work each other back and forth on whic coast has the rarest cans, I do like the cans from the great pacific northwest...just curious as to the diffeernces in Star versus Interstate? What can you guys tell me about thier history, or is th...
Views: 907   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 8:05am
by kb
Croft Cream Ale OI variations?
Why are there no minor variations of this can? Seems odd to me. Was this a short lived can? I would just expect it to come with some different variations like can code or pats info or something. Any thoughts? Anyone give a hoot? Steve
Views: 1061   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 2:55am
by Beercanman
Fortune ad
An auction I am going to has a bunch of 30's Fortune magazines up for sale. What issue (month & year) was the "famous" Beer Can ad (phalanx of cans etc) in? Thanks in advance for the answer! I know someone here knows....if not most of you!
Views: 1050   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 11:55pm
by Leon
Surface mystery cans
OK, here is my dilemma. I purchased some lemon juice just to give it a try. The cans I used were mystery flats that had the dark colored rust and that had been laying on top of the ground since the day they were discarded. I soaked them for about 12-16hours. 1qt. lem...
Views: 1281   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 11:25pm
by Robert Cutchins
Bottom Opened Flats Wanted
Hi - While I still love to dump (when I find time) and do save my personal dumpers, I have gotten into collecting bottom-opened, indoor, all-original flattops. I just think they look nice on a shelf. Common, rare, or anything in between - doesn't really matter....
Views: 1263   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 10:44pm
by Wheaton
k
kb
hey mike wilbur
hi mike i have emailed you a few times on your RB board giving email and wondered if maybe it didnt go through...curious if you wanna trade for them Heileman cans/ and or Shastas? I have stuff from the east mostly. I have a sub collection of cans with Mountains or...
Views: 884   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 10:26pm
by Mike Wilbur
p
PAUL C
crowntainers for sale
here are the pics email me if intrested in any, some are gone and a couple are not for sale
Views: 1707   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 10:26pm
by paul c
renewed membership
Steve Gorden, I just sent my membership dues via paypal . I couldent shake the dumping bug. I needed to get my fix of rust. Hello to all !!!! Robert
Views: 662   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 9:07pm
by apacherobert
August E-Rustlings and More
Hi all, The August E-Rustlings email has been sent, if you don't get it please email me. In the next few weeks the this message board will no longer be active, and a new, much improved, free without advertisement forum will replace it. You will need to register...
Views: 694   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 6:32pm
by Dan Bora
l
Leon
More Pit digging Pics
Tom Nacreeb sez he likes those Pit digging pics so figured I'd post a pic of Tom Nacreeb in Action. Heres Tom just before he pulled out a few Atlas Pragers IRTP. He never did finish this Pit? Hmmm? LEON.
Views: 832   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 2:29pm
by Leon
d
dave
Indoor Dumping Strategies
I'd discussed the 1884 house we ran into. As we spent hours breaking down walls (see other thread once Rog posts), it ocurred to me that I'm not prepared to be an honorary indoor dumper. First, I'd like to say that I think indoor dumping is going to be my gig. I...
Views: 1647   Replies: 26
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 11:35pm
by Dave
Do you collect flats and cones OR flats only?
How many times have you heard someone say "Yeah, that's a cool cone but I only collect flats" ? I get the impression it's not a large number of collectors, but there are more than just a few who have chosen to restrict themselves to flats only and I'm just curious a...
Views: 899   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 11:12pm
by The Sober One
Got some cans today
Picked up these today ... just in time for Canvention! Still at work, so not sure how many will be shelfers, but certainly a couple OI upgrades. Steve
Views: 757   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 10:24pm
by Beercanman
huge collection in lakeland
there is acollection in lakeland fla. for sale i called them and they said it was james boulwares collection that was given to them if they cleared out the storage barn it was in. there are 51 cones and 1100 flats,i dont have the cash to buy it so i wanted to let t...
Views: 643   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 8:23pm
by Chuck Starrett
went digging
Got out to do a little digging yesterday with KB. found several dumps but didnt find a whole lot of condition or age but upgraded 2 cans on the shelf, the hedrick which ive only found once before and the 16 oz schaefer. Kb could only dig for 2 hours as he had to get...
Views: 693   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 5:17pm
by Mike s.
k
kb
More Black Label variations
Went out dumping with Dwight last week, put the effort in as in most day, after we figured to change clothes and head back, well naturally we find a littel dump. Nice to dig some cans, all were early 50's, a couple of Beveryck IRTP flats mixed in ( didnt clean as go...
Views: 505   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 4:51pm
by kb
b
Barry
Restoring wooden beer cases
I'd posted this under the "Asking at garage sales" thread,but thought it might warrant a larger audience.I like collecting boxes,too,and have found these tips helpful in bringing back faded wood beer cases... Okay..not that anyone cares,but-here's my own wood cr...
Views: 3983   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 4:43pm
by Barry
Ummm is cash OK?
If anyone actually falls for this one I'm going to have to say the dumbing down of America is complete: --- My name is Philip Evans and I am glad you are interested in my 68 Camaro listed on Craigslist. I want to let you know all the details of the transaction fro...
Views: 578   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 3:39pm
by Mike s.
d
Dave
What would you have done?
Don't let this kill my beer can display thread. I still need ideas! I was remembering today that one of my jobs as a college student was as a security guard. Great job. I'm the only one in the building for 8 hours at a time. Believe it or not, I was a guard...
Views: 616   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 1:25pm
by Dave
b
Barry
Knucklehead auctions of the week
Post em' here,fellas-whether they are riddled with innaccuracies,crazy prices or whatever,lets see them.. Like this: Bob is VERY special Reminds me of a favorite cartoon-a guy has a car lot with a handful of cars on it,and his sign says CARS $1,000,000 EACH...
Views: 892   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 11:05am
by Mark B
v
Vince
Decided to get out a little - found a pit here in Colorado.
I was sort of bored and decided to get out. I was going to go out yesturday afternoon. But there were thrunderstorms in the Mountains. Yesturday, my buddy Torrey wanted to go. But couldn't today. So, I went alone. Anyway I went out with my detector just up in the foo...
Views: 1492   Replies: 27
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 1:52am
by Vince
what to collect
well i have decided to specialize in brands only, my favorite can of each brand ex(acme beer,ale,bock ect.) i will be posting pics of traders,i hope we can do some trading. thanks for a great chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 518   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 1:08am
by eedwards
North Carolina Dump
heres a few pics. of the dump I have been digging in off and on since Jan. the age and brands are great but overall condition sucks! have brought home 14 flats and 1 fbir cone the past few weeks. looks like Krueger Beer and Ale and 1 Schlitz. will post can pics. when...
Views: 669   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 11:41pm
by Robert Cutchins
p
Pete
Texas guys: different bottle message board....another interesting dump..
http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/bottles/bottles_config.pl?read=24645 dont see any cans in the pics....the pics where they are digging in the ground look wet..but they also seem to have found a mound of newer bottles (50s I think) so maybe there were a few...
Views: 658   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 7:23pm
by rick78
r
Rand
Krueger.....what am I missing?
An auction for this Krueger OI just closed at $405. What makes it worth that money? It is the slightly less common variation that doesn't say Made In U.S.A.....but that can't be it. Here is a comparison to a Made In USA variation that sold for $164.50 a couple wee...
Views: 703   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 12:53pm
by Rand
The dump that looked so good, but turned up nothing
Usually, when I am driving, half of the time my eyes are peering through the woods, thickets, and fields instead of on the road. I know this is not a safe habit, but you never know what you might miss if you don't look. Driving down a country road, I spotted a big pi...
Views: 672   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 8:37am
by CMD
Old Cans in Old Movies
Anyone else into spotting old cans (that were current then) in old movies, like on TCM? Of course when I do they're always common but it's still cool to spot an actor drinking out of what is now a very old can. I can think of Paul Newman drinking out of Coors and P...
Views: 1109   Replies: 29
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 7:53am
by John Williams
Thanks Mark B. !
Just wanted to take time to thank Mark Benbow for sending me the copies of the Rustlings newsletters. I received them yesterday. They are wonderful. Love the story under the crawlspace and a matter of fact was posted on Antiques-bottles.net, "Motherload." Even though...
Views: 522   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 7:50am
by Mark B
John Williams
Just wondering if you got my emails? Robert
Views: 544   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 10:38pm
by Robert Cutchins
r
Rand
The price of making it hard to pay....
An auction on ebay for these 4 cans just ended at $67. Admittedly they are not squeaky clean, but $17/each still seems low to me. I know the auction would have gone for more (for example...I would have bid) if it had offered paypal or even personal checks....
Views: 884   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 2:55pm
by Vinny
p
PAUL C
TROMMERS SIGN QUESTION
how easy are these signs and are they worth anything, what is the value of this one to see if i got a deal?
Views: 552   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 12:31pm
by PAUL C
someone was bored
I pulled these out of a hole next to a creek here in GA. I guess the fish wern't biting, on someone was drunk and bored, but it was probably a kid.Every can I found had at least six punches in it. Mostly nationals, but at least all were IRTP. Got a few nice Bud o/i c...
Views: 861   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 2:48am
by Robert Cutchins
p
Pete
anybody near Madison, Indiana
theres a guy posting on the bottle message board...sounds like hes finding stuff from the right period and has a lot of land to explore someone might want to check out his post http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Ok%21_Don%27t_laugh_at_me%21/m_68519/tm.ht...
Views: 493   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 10:33pm
by oldcrowncollecto...
The Curse of the Budweiser Crowntainer
If this thing goes up on Ebay one more time I'm gonna puke. It's jinxed, pure & simple. Probably a great can but it has been up & down more times that Hillary's latest girlfriend. What do you gents think???
Views: 734   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 9:49pm
by ernest turner
Quart cone top ????'s
Blackhawk Topping Quart cone top(usbc 203/10,11) is a pretty good looking can, but I can’t remember ever seeing one before. The 12 oz. version is obtainable but not the quart. Has there ever been a decent dumping find of these quarts? Have you seen one at a can...
Views: 550   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 9:36pm
by Captain
How do you pronounce UINTA?
Anybody know? I have always wondered about this one.
Views: 19693   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 1:40pm
by steve T
Rusty Bunch Cone Top book?
Hey - how about starting a discussion on a book project that would include all known varations of conetops and picture fronts & side panels? I know this wouldnt be easy, but if people could start with their home state or speciality and go from there. First off, we...
Views: 1587   Replies: 35
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 9:53am
by Beercanman
Alaska highway dump Round 3
I was able to make it down to the Alaska highway dump a third time. I took along my wife. I could only stay for about 3 hours though. You married men will understand why. ENOUGH SAID. I also brought back a few oil cans. If anybody wants to trade for any of them let m...
Views: 943   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 2:07am
by QUOOLBREEZE
Creek Dump #1
Here are some pictures of a tiny ravine dump that I recently dug. While walking this creekI noticed some half buried flats leading up to the dump.The cans were a Falstaff, a Pearl, and an unfamiliar can I need help with the identity. This picture is after I dug the c...
Views: 687   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 1:39am
by Robert Cutchins
k
kimble
Sure I will play the NFL fantasy BUT
Look. i have been a rusty bunch dude for two years. I missed a dumping trip, sorry for me kotto. I have played NFL and MLB fantasy...and have paid atleast in football for cans. I have sent fellow Rusty Bunchers cans for free, and have paid and over paid and got short...
Views: 989   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 9:54pm
by kimble
Rarest can from Colorado?
Which is the most difficult beercan from Colorado which actually held beer? Silver State? Pikes Peak Malt Lager? Century Quart Bock Flat Bottom pre IRTP (Well, why not?). The rarest can can’t be Pikes Peak Beer or the Karl’s which states “Made from&...
Views: 1822   Replies: 32
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 6:32pm
by Leon
Penn State and the Colts
In honor of the National and Super Bowl Champions to be crowned this January, I am trying to determine which brewery was closest to Happy Valley and which brewery was closest to midway between Happy Valley and Baltimore. The purpose would be to obtain a "lucky mojo"...
Views: 545   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 4:02pm
by Longhorn Mike
d
David
BCCA CANVENTION
Lets start a roll call on who is going to Canvention in KC. Me.
Views: 770   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 3:52pm
by Candog
m
Mark B
Another "You Know You're an RBer When.."
You know you're an RBer when.. You pick the color of your new SUV based on what will blend into the woods best when you're out dumping! "Humm, the red is nice but will stick out like a sore thumb, but the green will blend in at a distance nicely..." Mark
Views: 849   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 12:52pm
by David Schroll
Burger Cone collectors--did you see this?
Hi all, I hope that nobody will be upset that I point this out, but there is a nice ad for Burger Beer in cone top cans on ebay currently. Check out #180017112806 and see for yourself. Now if I could only find one for the elusive Heurich Bock cone top!
Views: 567   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 12:48pm
by David H.
c
CMD
Anyone ever seen this before???
what the heck is this???? check out Ebay item #190019179211 is this real ? it seems so according to the lid out dan
Views: 729   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 12:03pm
by Ceramarte
Completed collection? Pacific can?
The response from the Colorado cans was fun. Seems like many are chasing those cans. I also like to pick up cans from Mecca, or Oklahoma as some may know it. Both these states, well, are nearly impossible for us mere mortals. However, I think I might have this state...
Views: 716   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 8:54am
by matt menghini
m
menke
zip top pics, and the new 'Juice Zip'
Finally cleaned up my half of what C. Bacon and I dug in Maine last month, story upcoming in Rustlings. Here's a couple observations on zip tops as used by Narragansett, and a Bud pint with juice tab that, like most other cans in this dump, had the tab itself...
Views: 675   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 12:07am
by oldcrowncollecto...
history of soda pop on the History channel Aug. 8th 3pm
on sat. Aug. 8th at 3p.m. eastern time the History Channel is showing the history of soda pop on America eats. saw this before and it had some early soda cans on it. very interestng, check it out.
Views: 562   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 11:31pm
by danielj
d
Dave
smooth talkers wanted
So, tell me, how do you get guys to let you look around in buildings without arousing their suspicions or greed? Do you tell them you're looking for something else? Do you offer to split with them? Do you just hope they're kind and generous? I'd like to hear so...
Views: 648   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 10:48pm
by Can Dr.
Special?
Whats so special about this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MILLER-HIGH-LIFE-FLAT-TOP-BEER-CAN_W0QQitemZ290015100880QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3917QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Views: 707   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 8:46pm
by Leon
b
Bryan2
Michigan dumping excursion
I live in northern Ohio and have been to most of Michigan, including the UP on snowmobile adventures. I'd love to join up with some fellow RBers on a dumping mission sometime. Unfortunately, my work schedule wouldn't allow me to get out until mid to late November. Al...
Views: 816   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 1:25pm
by nacreeB
Brookdale Lodge Beer Can & Kool Stuff Show #2
It's coming up fast. The 2006 Brookdale Lodge Beer Can & Kool Stuff Show #2. November 4th/5th -Saturday/Sunday. Room to Room Saturday night. Trade Show on Sunday. 50 rooms at the lodge plus another 25 at the overflow motel 1.5 miles away. Last year was a sellout and...
Views: 2097   Replies: 28
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 11:59pm
by Calcans
c
CMD
GUYS YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS VIDEO
This is too funny Follow this link weird al ebay video Freaking hilarious out dan
Views: 766   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 10:23pm
by Dave
Bummer
Well i just spent the last 3 days hauling a 100 year old bar/hotel away that was being demolished in dannemora NY...all 360 tons of it. Monday morning just as they were starting i went inside with a few guys to poke around quick and didnt see anything. I told all the...
Views: 665   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 9:34pm
by Leon
How many times can Wally's collection be sold?
Responded to an ad in Craigs List the other day, a guy was selling a large collection of Beer & Soda cans. The pictures attached to the ad were of Wally Gilbert's collection. Naturally being a curious fellow I called and made arrangements to see the collection an...
Views: 858   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 9:25pm
by Beercanman
Flat-bottom Gunther's cones
Are either (or both) of those flat-bottom Am. Can Co. Gunther's beer (like in USBC) cones pre-WW2? I often hear/read they are. So does that mean their corresponding flat tops are also pre-WW2? I found one of each almost 30 years ago and recently rediscovered them...
Views: 561   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 8:06pm
by Mark B
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10