Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm starting to understand better...I need advice

Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

It's a good example, and a reminder to us.

While I agree that's it's a personal choice for a person to wear a cross, and that it has been portrayed badly in some movies, the 'tree, stake, cross', whatever you want to call it, represents God's love for us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ Died for us.

As I mentioned above, it also represents the manner of death our Savior undertook for us, and His Obedience to His Father's will. Even His death on the cross. He took upon Himself the curse of sin and death. Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

I look at it this way. If I wear my cross, that doesn't mean I look at it as an idol. It's a statement of what Yeshua did for me and you...a statement of my belief. It's also a reminder. It's not a replacement. It helps me to go through my daily activities and keep seeking His will and hearing Him...as in, "What do You want me to do, Lord?" It helps me to treat others as He would want me to treat them.
Now, if that's idolatry, I don't know. I know there are people who wear a cross as just a piece of jewelry. But I don't judge people for wearing a cross. My behavior should reflect what I have hanging around my neck.

Thank you all very much for commenting.

And Chris N. I'm listening to the song. It's very pretty.

I guess the best thing I can ask is for you guys to pray Jesus removes the barrior that's been put up. I know the cross is a wonderful reminder of what Christ did for us. It's just going to take time for the barrior to be removed. I know fear and guilt were used to help "prove" their point. I need your prayers that Jesus brings His healing touch and erases any brainwashing [including that of things I might not even realize that I've been brainwashed with].

Thank you all. :hugs:

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com