Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Everybody use their real first name...Great Idea Donna

I have what may seem like a silly question.

Um . . I'm wondering if more of us would use our real first names, if that would kinda draw us even closer? . . just my thoughts .....(Donna)

Great Idea Donna

YBIC
Randy

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

Re: Everybody use their real first name...Great Idea Donna

Ummmm...my name is Slade. I was also known as Slade.

Randy and all my brothers and sisters here...I've never used any name here at RITA but the name I was given at birth. That's the name my Lord calls me by.

Love to all my Brothers and Sisters at RITA,
ybiC
Slade

Randy, I was thinking the same thing too! Maybe some people have privacy issues but it really would help also I think to know whether someone is male or female. If they are not comfortable giving out their first name, how about a middle name instead!

My name is SUE, how do you do!

Like Slade, Sue is my first name. I had to add my geographical area as there was another Sue on Rita that posts sometimes. She is NC Sue.

I don't think it really matters what name you use really. I like some of the "handles" that people have picked, some are really cute.

I'm with ya, Slade. My first name is Kama. Some of us have unusual names!

Email: marc.kama@sbcglobal.net

Kama, I used to hate my name when I was a kid. All the other kids used to pick on me and make fun of me and my name.

When I was 11, I told my parents that I wanted to change my name. They said "Okay, what name would you like?" I had no answer and that was the last time I brought the subject up.

My wife tells me that when she first heard it, she knew that I was the 'one' for her. She also insisted that it be part of our first son's name. And it also has a cool history - traced back to 1640, in England.

I love it now.

Well, I agree with Kama and Slade. Some of us do have unusual first names. My name given at birth is Panthia. I used to HATE it but now that I know it's true meaning "of God's" I truly love it and I thank the Lord that he has blessed me with it. So, I have always used my first name and will continue.

YSIC
Panthia

The only reason I posted my whole name is because I did not know what the heck I was doing, and its too late to change it.

No worries.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

A little Johnny Cash....

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

We're Wayne & Cathy living in IA.

Blessings,
W.C.

Randy,

My biological father has an IQ of 156, and that totally skipped over me!!!!! My biological mother is an accountant and I still count on my fingers!!!!!!

I rely on EQ to get through life! I guess that is why I am better with understanding animals and make a living at it!

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

Slade, I think your name is great! It sounds like a cool name of a super-sleuth detective or a superhero!

I, too, Panthia, was always embarrassed over my name. I never hated it, but I just hated HEARING people say it. I would get so embarrassed because I knew it was "weird".

My sisters have normal names, but my mother got "creative" with me. For most of my life, I was ashamed of my odd name. Then the Lord did something really, really neat for me. I'll have to post that testimony later........

My first name is Laura....i have gone by the initials LAZ because of L for my name and A for my son Adrian and Z for my daughter Zaria. My hubby is not a follower of the Lord so his initials were not added!!

How's that Randy!!

Kama, you should hear how people try and pronounce my name....makes me cringe. So I always hated the first day of school, everyone would laugh at me because the Teacher would always mess it up! I was the first born and my Mom learned pretty quick that a highly unusual name wasn't a good idea so my brothers and sister all have very normal and short names.

Oh well, I have learned to "embrace" my name now that I am older and more mature

Panthia

MY real first name...

Tom

Email: scuggers1@hotmail.com

Website: www.geocities.com/davidjayjordan/ProphecyTimeLines.html

W.C.
We're Wayne & Cathy living in IA.

Blessings,
W.C.
No wonder, W.C.! I thought you seemed female, but then you would say something that made me think maybe you were male!

BTW, my given name is Charity.

Re: MY real first name...

I'm Joan. I'm a girl.

Kama
Slade, I think your name is great! It sounds like a cool name of a super-sleuth detective or a superhero!
Yeah... Sheriff Slade.

My first name is Gunawan but I love to identify myself with my son's name: Geneustace because Gunawan is more sanskrit name, one of the name of goddess (not Our Mighty God), while my son's name is I pick it directly with beautiful meaning "gentle and noble" so I'm more happy to be called Geneustace or my baptist name which is Jeremiah. Anyway it brings more trouble to change name, so I more likely to identify myself using my son's name.

My REAL name is Angela but I have always gone by Angel.

I am bothered that my pic is up in a way.
I don't feel safe.Not from you guys but from big brother so to speak.

I feel better anonymous.

Geneustace
My first name is Gunawan but I love to identify myself with my son's name: Geneustace because Gunawan is more sanskrit name, one of the name of goddess (not Our Mighty God), while my son's name is I pick it directly with beautiful meaning "gentle and noble" so I'm more happy to be called Geneustace or my baptist name which is Jeremiah. Anyway it brings more trouble to change name, so I more likely to identify myself using my son's name.

Geneustace is a lovely name and even more so after reading your post. Jeremiah is a wonderful name too.

Angel
My REAL name is Angela but I have always gone by Angel.
My middle name is Angela, and my mother has always liked to call me "Love Angel" because, as she says, I am her little "messenger of love".

My first name is Valerie....but I feel like Gods little sparrow these dayz

2HH
I am bothered that my pic is up in a way.
I don't feel safe.Not from you guys but from big brother so to speak.

I feel better anonymous.

I know what you mean, I was just moments away from posting pictures of all our family over the weekend and I felt a check in my spirit for the same reasons as you, then when I read the warning I decided that was confirmation and I had better not. Although I am sure we can all probably be traced by our ip addresses if they really want to find us. That's where I draw the line!

My nic is made up from my first and middle name because there were too many online with my first name-I changed it way back at Hal Lindsays board before it went private--(Jan remember that's where I met you as SummerGirl or Summer something??? The memory is not what it used to be.. ..

Anyway I used to do name searches for it and there were never any results but now it is listed all over the place.

Panthia,

I think your name sounds marvelously elegant! It's beautiful!

I can sooooo relate to everything you said! I hated the first day of school, too, because I had an unusual last name on top of it and the teachers would always stumble over how to pronounce my name. They would scrunch up their faces and look around the classroom for some foreign-looking child. And there I was, painfully shy, very, very blond with freckles, cringing just HEARING the sound of my name. Ugh. Even now, when I am introducing myself to someone, they always look confused and say, "HUH??" I have to say it twice, three times and spell it before they smile uncomfortably and say, "oh, that's nice......" But I KNOW what they are thinking! "What kind of name is THAT?" *groan!* I have been called Camel, Karma, Coma and my favorite (sarcasm there), Camera!

Donna - my first name is Donna! Just about all my life my brothers have called me Victor and the name just stayed with me - because both our names is Donna, I will keep my Victor name and will add the Ms to it so that everyone will know I am a "she". Love you Donna!!

" I have been called Camel, Karma, Coma and my favorite (sarcasm there), Camera!"

Kama - that is funny!

ooops, I forgot.......I remember school......and that horrible song that kids would follow me around singing at me "kama kama kama chameleon, you come and go, you come and go-oh-oh!!!"

My name is Chris, and I'm a girl.

I think that there is another Chris here, who is a male?

My first name is Anthony. I've used SC to constantly remind myself about the "Solomon Concept" preached by Charles Capps in 2002 which I believe is a very possible scenario which took 10 years for the Lord to reveal to him after seeking him earnestly about His coming in the 90s, according to Charles Capps, who is now a very old man.

I am astounded that I thought some
of the people here who are men.. I
thought were women.. and vice versa.
Ouch.

Kaylyn, yes, indeed, the days of Hal
Lindsey's board... that was the first
of my PC explorations; must have been
around 1998? I had a Windows 98 that
my brother-in-law gave me and Hal's
board was really intriguing.

And I recall our e-mailing each other
quite a bit.

Yes, ma'm.. Summer Girl... ah, the
sunshine, the lazy days, lemonade
and flower gardens.

Well on Christian boards I go by Dee...it is short for my real name. Kinda funny...I have my 'Christian world' and then my 'regular' world and 'family' world and then I also have my 'sculpting' artistic world and finally my 'career' world and they all collide on facebook. Depending on the world I am communicating in I use variations of my real name...LOL

This is the only 'world' that I feel I could be attacked for though...sadly. It is not that I am ashamed of this world, but I am protective of it as I have been attacked for my beliefs in the past. This 'Christian' world is my favorite world of all!!!

I wish this forum had a private members only section. I would be way more open as I would love to share pics of my kids etc.

G'day all,

Paul
But the real names Paul!!!!
Ha Ha

I was born 3 months premature and was not expected to live. So my mother named me Paul Jonathan.
Which means "Small gift of God"

ybic
Paul

sparrow
My first name is Valerie....but I feel like Gods little sparrow these dayz

This song is for you, Valerie...

The Blind Sparrow

Ohhh, that was soo pretty TN Dove - Thanks for sharing with us!

you'll like this.

Find your Name's best Anagram

my results were ...
http://watcherrefugeecamp.freeforums.org/post2389.html#p2389

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Website: www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=8&year=2010&hour=23&min=59&sec=59&p0=110

scruggers (Tom) is that your website posted with your posts? It looks interesting Janice

Well, I might as well get on this bandwagon, too!

My sign-on name is Lisaleenie, but my first name is Eileen.

The way I came up with the name "Lisaleenie" is because my nickname is Leenie, and my WANNABE name is Lisa....hence "Lisaleenie!"

So when you pray for me, please lift up the name "Eileen" to the Lord, because I don't think He recognizes either "Lisaleenie" or "Leenie."

We've done this before haven't we? Anyway, my first name is Donna and we have several Donna's here so I go by my nickname that I have had all my life - Victor! And we also in the past had a post about if we were male or female - thus the Ms. Victor

janice
scruggers (Tom) is that your website posted with your posts? It looks interesting Janice

yes Janice, my Scribd site [scuggers1]

just Google 'SCRIBD.com' and then search on 'scuggers1'

Website: www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=8&year=2010&hour=23&min=59&sec=59&p0=110

Hi my name is Sandy I chose Sarah because there are several Sandy's here and I always liked the name of Sarah. So that is what I chose! LOL

Sarah

Sandy

One reason I've always used my real name, first and last names, on all the forums and message boards I've frequented is to force myself to watch what I say. I don't say things on the internet I wouldn't be willing to say face to face, in an interview with a reporter, on the radio, or on television.

I also use the same avatar on the various boards & forums I frequent. My avatar is more a reflection of me (most of my cartoon characters are a reflection of some aspect of my personality) than a reflection of what I think might impress others on a particular board.

Mark Armstrong
One reason I've always used my real name, first and last names, on all the forums and message boards I've frequented is to force myself to watch what I say. I don't say things on the internet I wouldn't be willing to say face to face, in an interview with a reporter, on the radio, or on television.

Excellent reason, Mark . . accountability is strong inspiration while posting . .

my first name is Gary, and i like using Glory2010, cause i am hoping that we Christian believers in Jesus Christ will all be called home into heaven's eternal glory before this current year of 2010 is over !!!

Hi everyone, my name is Rob in real life and I'm married to a beautiful lady named Nyrie and we have two teenaged kids (Sarah and Sam).

I've always liked to just use my name as it makes things easier, although yesterday I noticed there was another 'Rob' who was posting up to about Nov/Dec last year so maybe I may need to change it. I'm an Aussie, like Paul, so maybe Aussie Rob would be better?

Email: rob-north@hotmail.com

I use the name AbidingInHim on other forums, but I felt the Lord nudge me to use my real name, Patti, here.

(so close to another one here, Abide In Him!)

Rob
Hi everyone, my name is Rob in real life and I'm married to a beautiful lady named Nyrie and we have two teenaged kids (Sarah and Sam).

I've always liked to just use my name as it makes things easier, although yesterday I noticed there was another 'Rob' who was posting up to about Nov/Dec last year so maybe I may need to change it. I'm an Aussie, like Paul, so maybe Aussie Rob would be better?

How about Kangaroo Rob

I have used different names..I am mostly known online as Joy... people actually call me that now.... anyway I saw people were posting their real names so I thought I would be brave and do it too...as long as it's my first name...but I do get a little nervous that someone that I really know will read my posts and know its me.... not that i post anything wrong it's just I am very private and would not want my real life mixing with my posting life..I tend to open up more online and only share with people I am really close to in real life....

How 'bout Rob Down Under?

Because mine is better Charity!! No actually yours is better.... :) I like it.

If you look at the date at the top of this thread, it is an old one from October of 2009 that Scruggers resurrected for some reason.

Texas Sue
If you look at the date at the top of this thread, it is an old one from October of 2009 that Scruggers resurrected for some reason.

Sue,

I like resurrecting old stuff ...lol

Panthia
Kama, you should hear how people try and pronounce my name....makes me cringe. So I always hated the first day of school, everyone would laugh at me because the Teacher would always mess it up! I was the first born and my Mom learned pretty quick that a highly unusual name wasn't a good idea so my brothers and sister all have very normal and short names.

Oh well, I have learned to "embrace" my name now that I am older and more mature

Panthia

I had that same problem, but in high school, Panthia. My real name is Tamara (correctly pronounced: tam-uh-ruh), but I perfer being called Tammy b/c it's much easier to pronounce. It does me when folks misspell my perferred name. They spell it Tamie, Tammi/or whatever.

That's I tell them to spell it like the song "Tammy," and the various Tammy movies: Tammy & The Bachelor, Tammy Tell Me True, and Tammy & The Doctor.

My name is Steve. I could formalize it, but that's what I go by in almost everything, including on business cards. I like simple, so I use my real name.

2HH...I think you're wise to stay with your code name. You're in a ministry and for various reasons I thought you made a good choice.

Blessings on all of you. I love you all very much!!!

Steve

My name is mud most of the time...HOWEVER...my name is Lynn Ann. Now you have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Email: ljpoohbunny@insightbb.com

Lynn
My name is mud most of the time...HOWEVER...my name is Lynn Ann. Now you have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

hee, hee . .

I thought that was me you described, sis . . me and you, like birds of a feather, eh, . .

It's Rich of course, with the first letter of my last name...

Hi Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Deborah (in hebraew busy bee) Good idea to use real name , I live in Ohio

Busy bee where is sweetmarie? I have not seen her on here lately..but maybe I have missed her?

and my first name is Joyful and my last name is susan :)

My name is....AH, YOU GUESSED IT! It's Rhonda! No fooling you, now is there?

1 2
<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com