Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
:7 or 3 1/2 Year? :What do you think about this view
Re: :7 or 3 1/2 Year? :What do you think about this view

I am open to a "dual fulfillment"....meaning Christ fulfilled the first 3 1/2 years and Anti-Christ the second 3 1/2 years. However, there must be 7 years left because:

1. The antichrist will confirm the covenant which will be broken in the "midst" of a week.

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/rapture2.php#covenant

2. I found it a stretch for the author of the video to say that the "after 69 years of weeks" it would include the 3 1/2 years of Christ covenant. I firmly believe that Daniel would say "after 69 1/2 weeks" if this were the case.

Amy,

I haven't seen the video yet, but there cannot be a dual fulfillment, in terms of who the "he" in Daniel 9:27 is referring to, because there is a finite number of weeks, seventy to be exact.

And only one of those weeks is being referred to in Daniel 9:27, not two.

Besides, if there were a dual fulfillment then the "he" in Daniel 9:27 would be referring to both Christ and the anti-Christ.

Do you really see that as a possibility?

I sure don't!

watching

Besides, if there were a dual fulfillment then the "he" in Daniel 9:27 would be referring to both Christ and the anti-Christ.

Yes, I think that is a possibility

I'm running out the door to go to work now, but maybe tomorrow I can find the discussion we had on this a while back.

Amy VG, my opinnion is just that:

1. We will have 7 years still, but the first 3.5 years is the time when Yahshua prophecied that Israel will receive someone who will come upon his own name. Then right before the great tribulation, He will make abomination of desolation.

2. However I think 3.5 years left for Israel will be counted right after the AC proclaim himself as God and make abomination of desolation. This will start the persecution indeed the biggest one to Israel before the coming of Yahshua, the last chastisement to return Israel to believe in Yahshua their true Messiah.

3. Our rapture could happen anytime before the last 3.5 years. This will put even before 7 years covenant because once the AC make the covenant we will know the AC and we should not know Him. So maybe there will be 3.5 years gap between the rapture of the church and the great tribulation. But after we depart, there might be even false peace on the earth, right when more natural disasters happen on earth.

But that's just my opinion :)
We would be out of here anytime now ...by the grace and mercy from Our Savior only Yahshua Ha Mashiach.

He will confirm the covenant with the many for one 7 (seven Years). Abomination of desolation in the midst of the 7.

Easy Conclusion = 7 years.

Daniel's 70th week is 7 years not 3.5. The first 3.5 years have not happened yet. As Amy pointed out the covenant with many is broken in the MIDST of the week. Not the beginning of a 3.5 year period.

It is NOT Jesus who puts an end to the daily sacrifice. It IS the Antichrist as seen in Daniel chapter 8. The foreshadowing of this event was Antiochus Epiphanes who was a preview of what is to come. This evil man was an Antichrist archetype.

Daniel 8:9-12(NASB)
Out of one of them came forth a rather small horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Beautiful Land.

It grew up to the host of heaven and caused some of the host and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down.

It even magnified itself to be equal with the Commander of the host; and it removed the regular sacrifice from Him, and the place of His sanctuary was thrown down.

And on account of transgression the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice; and it will fling truth to the ground and perform its will and prosper.

This event is NOT Antiochus Epiphanes because Daniel asked about the time period in question and was told that this pertained to the End of the Age.(Daniel 8:19, 26) Jesus spoke of the Abomination of Desolation as a future event. Jesus ministry came after the events of Antiochus Epiphanes who was a Hellenistic King of the Seleucid dynasty coming out of the empire of Alexander the Great of Greece.

It is going to take time for the 144,000 to be identified. This happens After the rapture not before. It is going to take time for them to be sealed before the major judgments begin to come. It is going to take time for the Antichrist to consolidate his power. To set up the One World Religion that in the midst of the week he will destroy and turn to worship of himself. This is all in the first 3.5 years not the last.

If the remnant of Israel flees to the wilderness in the last 3.5 years and the two witnesses arrive in the last 3.5 years...then who are they preaching to?
Beast worshipers? What is the point of preaching to those who cannot be redeemed under any circumstances?

The purpose of the Two Witnesses is to redirect the remnant of Israel to who the Real Messiah is...Jesus Christ. After the Abomination of Desolation event only a third of Israel will be spared. Those who obey God's word and flee immediately. Those who do not flee will perish. (Zechariah 13:8)

Jonah preached to the Ninevites, Assyrians who were the enemies of Israel and yet even they could be redeemed if they turned to God. But anyone who takes the mark is condemned permanently. There are no take backs. It is a mark of ownership.

The biggest argument I see is those who claim that the Bible says that the Great Tribulation is only 3.5 years which is true. But there are two periods of 1260 days or 42 months, or 3.5 years. Daniel's 70th week, A.K.A. The Day of the Lord covers the entire 7 years.

There will be no false peace for as soon as they cry Peace and Safety, sudden destruction comes upon them all. (1 Thess. 5:3) The second Horseman of the Apocalypse is War along with its aftermath which removes a fourth of all mankind. (Rev. 6:3-8)

AmyVG
watching

Yes, I think that is a possibility

I'm running out the door to go to work now, but maybe tomorrow I can find the discussion we had on this a while back.

To be clear, I absolutely agree that there will be a seven year "Tribulation" yet to come that will fulfill Daniel's 70th week.

I probably should have used the word "partial" fulfillment, rather than "dual" and I only see it as an interesting possibility.

Here are the threads where we discussed this topic a few months ago

http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=1034435&cmd=show

http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=1037737&cmd=show

Knight Michael
If the remnant of Israel flees to the wilderness in the last 3.5 years and the two witnesses arrive in the last 3.5 years...then who are they preaching to?Beast worshipers? What is the point of preaching to those who cannot be redeemed under any circumstances?

The purpose of the Two Witnesses is to redirect the remnant of Israel to who the Real Messiah is...Jesus Christ. After the Abomination of Desolation event only a third of Israel will be spared. Those who obey God's word and flee immediately. Those who do not flee will perish. (Zechariah 13:8)

Based on your view of the purpose of the 2 witnesses, I see that you believe Elijah is one of them. I'm not going to argue timing of the witnesses as we have a thread for that here:

http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=1045340&cmd=show

But I do want to share something that was brought to my attention that actually gives support for the 2 witnesses being unknown men:

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.com/rapture3.php#two_witnesses

I think it's quite possible, that these two witnesses will be two currently unknown men chosen in the manner of the 144,000 servants and serve in the spirit of Elijah, in the same manner that Elisha and John the Baptist did. In other words, perhaps Elijah himself is not coming back. This notion is supported in the fact that Jesus said John the Baptist would have fulfilled the roll of Elijah had the Jews accepted him at His first coming (Matthew 11:14 and 17:12, Mark 9:12-13), even though John said he himself wasn't Elijah (John 1:19-27).

It's 7 years......

and we even have a "day-count" that supports
7 years...... "2300"

Email: texlittlefield@gmail.com

Hi Navion,

Have you ever wondered why verse 14 of Daniel 8 is the only instance in the book of Daniel, where a supposed "day count" is referred to as evenings and mornings, when all other day counts (Daniel 12:10-12) are simply referred to simply as days?

Well, I once did. And in the process of researching this, I came across the following explanation, which I find to be an extraordinary coincidence.

See the following pdf file:

http://www.sixdaywar.co.uk/Daniel8.pdf

So, personally, I find this to be an amazing enough fulfillment of the prophecy, that I am not necessarily looking for any further fulfillments to this prophecy, whether there may, or may not, be any.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com