Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stopsley 10 mile results

Three Squirrels were at this nearby off road event this morning - a very nice, friendly local race over a lovely rural course, with some challenging ups and downs. There were two options on offer - 5 or 10 miles - the 10 miler being two laps of the 5 mile route, so we knew what was coming up the second time round! Chloe Lucas, Miranda Morgan and I took part, and it was a good day for the Squirrels as Chloe won first senior lady and I was first FV55, so we went home with a bit of bling! Miranda was close behind me and 2nd V55 lady I think. Can't find official times yet, but my watch time was 1:30:59 (not quite the sub 1:30 time I had hoped for but on a very warm morning and with some hilly terrain I was very happy with that.) A few photos were taken, but not sure who to send these to for this week's news report - if someone can let us know we can send the photos over (you never know, if it's a slow week for sports news we might even get a mention in the Comet, just for a change ..... )

Re: Stopsley 10 mile results

well done, do you have any photos I could send in for press?

Babs - I've got a couple of photos taken on Miranda's phone - I'll see if I can whatsapp them to you, unless there's a better way of sending them? Don't know how to get them onto the website. Chloe also had a couple, which she might have put on the NHRR Facebook page.

My brother George also ran this morning finishing 7th overall. It was a great course and so easy to get to; we really enjoyed it! It was also my last race for a while as I’m heading out to Malawi to work on a conservation project for a few months. Having taken up running a year ago after being persuaded to enter a couple of races, I joined the club to continue running over the winter and am amazed by how much I’ve improved over the last few months! Thank you everyone! I’m really hoping there will somewhere safe from elephants/buffalo etc. that I can run!

Well done all - I'd be more than happy with 1.30 off road around those hills!

Well done, Chloe, Linda, Miranda and George! Delighted to hear about the bling.

Chloe - enjoy your African adventure (which sounds fantastic!) and we look forward to seeing you on your return.

Congratulations on your results:). Malawi sounds exciting Chloe, enjoy!