Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blue group training update

Having looked at times submitted from last week's sessions and races coming up in the next few weeks I would like to tweak the schedule to the following.
Tuesday 15th 6x 500m @ 1500m pace with 2 mins jig recovery. This will possibly be at St Francis although we are going to measure a couple of off-road routes today.
Thursday 17th 16x 200m @ 800m pace with 90s jog recovery. Possibly on 1200m side of Broadway but we are measuring an off road course today as well.
Saturday 19th 8 x 100m @ 400m pace - Track at Ridlins. Form session with drills.
Tuesday 22nd 3 x 2M at 10km pace with 90s jog recovery.
Thursday 24th 3 x 1M @ 5km pace with 90s jog recovery. Grange loop.
Saturday 26th 5 x 800m @ 3km pace with 90s jog recovery.
Tuesday 29th no session due to county champs 5km tomorrow.
Thursday 31st no session due to county 5km championships yesterday.
Saturday 2nd September 16 x 200m @ 800m pace with 99s jog recovery.
Hope you enjoy!

Re: Blue group training update

Thanks for the update Karen. My focus is on getting half marathon ready & I think this schedule is focused on something a bit shorter so I'll probably do my own thing for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully see you at Hatfield

Cheers Karen, it's all in my Garmin calendar now...

Thanks for the planning. I'm not doing the 5k, but I'm racing the duck n dash on Sunday 3rd, so I'm planning to do some training on the 29th and maybe some kind of easy run on the 31st, if anyone wants to join me.

Adam, the 10km and 5km pace sessions are ideal for improving your half marathon PB. All these sessions are designed to improve your 5km speed which will improve your 10km speed and HM speed:). However, appreciate that you may be looking for higher mileage off your sessions.

James, thanks for suggesting you are up for a session on the 29th. Please post below or speak to James on a club night if you are also not racing the 5km series.

Just off to measure possible routes for this week's training:). See you tomorrow!

OMG 500m reps tonight and 200s on Thursday! Fab!