Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 5th, Thursday 7th & Saturday 9th September

Firstly, with the nights drawing in can I please ask that everyone wears a reflective bib to club sessions please, thanks:)

Our new purple group, which is designed for our amazing former beginners, and anyone else who wishes to run with them, will be 3-4 x Wheat Hill with 2mins recovery between each effort. On Thursday the training will be a fartlek of 8 x 2 minutes with 1 minute easier running between to regroup.

Tuesday's training for green group is 6 x 1000m at St Francis with 2mins recovery between each rep whilst Thursday will be a fartlek of 7 x 3mins with 2 mins easier running between each effort.

Blue group will be enjoying 3 x 2M at 10km pace on Tuesday with 90s recovery between each effort. Usual Baldock Road/Howard Drive/Brandles Road route. There will also be a shorter option to run down Whitethorn Lane, which I'll measure tomorrow, for anyone coming back from injury or just returning to the group. Thursday will be 3 x 1M at 5km pace on the speedy Grange loop with 90s active recovery between each rep. This is our 3rd time through this new block of training so will be interested to hear your thoughts.

Brian will post yellow group training and we'll sort a schedule this week so you all know what's happening for the next 2 months:)

Saturday's track session is 5 x 800m at 3km pace with 90s jog recovery between each rep. Bargain price of £2 payable to FVS on the day for using the track. 9.15am Ridlins, Stevenage.

Happy running with NHRR!!

Re: Training Tuesday 5th, Thursday 7th & Saturday 9th September

I can't make the track this week as I'm running the great north run. Watch out for me on TV.

On Thursday we'll do 4-6 x 1K on the St Francis loop - from the Fountain end. Will do one 'intro' loop together as part of the warm-up.

Karen, I'll be at the track Saturday.