Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Of all the things you do for SORE points

... running a marathon on your birthday is my least advised! Though given birthday cake has no calories AND I've finished a marathon I think that means lots of cake is in order 😀

Today was the Berlin Marathon. It started in rain and drizzle but in spite of this I had a storming first half and was feeling really good. However, after the halfway point I started to get very cold (due to being wet) and, I think as a result of that, my back seized up leaving me in quite a bit of pain. I kept going but at a much slower pace and finished I 4.47. Not too bad but a bit disappointing given how the first half was going.

In the upside I've now had some cake, painkillers and Andrew and Petra are introducing me to the local food and sights - that is the way to spend your birthday.

Re: Of all the things you do for SORE points

Well done and happy Birthday!

I have also run a marathon on my birthday but having had as many as I have they no longer hold much significance... I also a long time ago ran my fastest ever mile in the Birchwood (I think) Relays on my 40th birthday.

Well done Michele - running for that length of time in the rain is not fun...

Well done Michelle and happy birthday! If you had made the cake you would have earned another half point!

Well done on your marathon, we will feed you cake soon on next night out.
Hope you had a lovely day celebrating your birthday. I'm sure Andrew and Petra would have looked after you well.

So well done to Michelle, Andy, Petra and Andrew on your Berlin marathon