Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kings Forest Trail Marathon

Thought I'd have a go at doing an "easy" trail marathon as an autumn training run. Picked this as it was close to my sons house so I twinned this with a stopover (just to raid his fridge for a change!!). After doing Stevenage parkrun the day before in a reasonable (for me) 33:20 and knowing that this was billed as a flat course with "easy" paths I was looking forward to having a good run. The problem didn't start with the weather which although unlike others have experienced recently, was sunny and warm but not unbearable but the fact that this was my first proper trail run. This fast turned into a 26.7 (yes the race director added a half mile to make life easier) practise for cross country. Ok so it didn't have the hills or the streams or the tons of mud but, for me anyway, the paths fast turned into something really difficult to run on. After this I have even more respect for Jo and Sue running these trail races. I managed to survive the first lap in around 3:07 but by the second my legs had had enough. I eventually finished this in 7:26 (not a very even split race to say the least!. However, you may be surprised to know that I will be putting my name down for this next year - a chance to get my own back as well as getting some good cross country training in!