Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Standalone Marshal grid complete!

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for volunteering to make our race such a successful day, we really couldn't do it without all of your help. The grid is now complete so everyone will be able to see what jobs they have. Lots of you have multiple jobs so make sure you check both Saturday and Sunday fully to see where your name is.

Don't forget, marshal briefing is at 8am sharp on Sunday.

Here's the link (copy and paste version):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RJEOqibEO9uTh6VIZqHRtWMrto3O25Q17J3-UyyniBk/edit#gid=1474126870

Re: Standalone Marshal grid complete!

Hi Lucy

I am presuming my name is down on the sunday grid as Stewart Overlin. I've looked for my own name without success so shall i take it this is me ?

Many Thanks

Stewart

Sorry Stewart, that would be you....apologies!

Hi Lucy, I am down for luggage from 7:30 to 9:30am, and also
down on Zone E on the Bypass 7:30 till 11:30pm. How is this going to work ?
(on prev yrs requested last double roundabout after luggage)

Hi Lucy, what does the hit squad do? Do i have to be at the farm for 7:30?

Mark - do luggage until you need to leave to get to the bypass. There are others at luggage so it's ok. Not everyone has got what marshal position they have requested because of logistics.

Christine - 7.45 will be fine

Christine, I'll explain the hut squad tomorrow

Thanks Lucy, see you in the morning.

Lucy, that's clear Luggage then bypass. no problem!

What would you advise us to wear tomorrow? Are we likely to need to jog to positions etc.? And will we be given a specific t shirt or jacket to wear on the course? Sorry, first time Marshall nerves!

You'll be given high vis to wear and a bag with some food and water. Depends where your point is as to whether you'll want to run there or not. Wear something comfy is the main thing I would say! See you in the morning!!

Cara Sutton
What would you advise us to wear tomorrow? Are we likely to need to jog to positions etc.? And will we be given a specific t shirt or jacket to wear on the course? Sorry, first time Marshall nerves!

Hi Cara I would suggest layers are a good idea as the weather can change quite a bit while your out there also probably something waterproof may be a good idea tomorrow but hopefully we will stay dry.
You will be supplied with a Hiviz vest/jacket but I think t shirts are being given out after the race to make sure all the runners get theirs.
As for jogging to your race position that depends on where your marshalling if its a distance from the farm people normally sort lifts out with each other or like myself I will take my bike and cycle.
But don't worry it will be sorted and you'll have a great and rewarding time tomorrow.

Hi Cara, you will be given a marshal fluorescent yellow bib to wear. Depending where you are marshalling you may be out for some time so just make sure that you have suitable clothing for whatever the weather decides to do! The briefing tomorrow will be comprehensive so I'm sure you'll enjoy your debut:)

Thank you all for the advice! I shall layer up in comfortable clothes!