Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please love a sign.

Dear All,

During the Standalone weekend, between us, we put out about 250 cones, 60 metal signs and a million other laminated or corex signs (exaggerated for effect).

Now we think we got all the metal signs in. We also believe all the laminated signs are in but there are bound to be other hi vis signs out there, particularly pre race or car park signs.

If you see one, please can you take it down and give it to me at the club. The sign has feelings too. Leaving it out there, on its own, for too long is wrong.

Thank you.

Dickie
Royal Society for Prevention Cruelty to Signs

Re: Please love a sign.

Dickie I have 2 Runners in Road signs
which I picked up this morning on Wilbury hills road.There are road closure signs around Fairfield which require a tall squirrel as I couldn't reach them.

Hi Sue,

Bless you Betty. Thank you. An RSPCS medal of honour to you in the post.

Dickie

I have taken one of the road closure signs down on Fairfield Rd but I can't reach the other which is at Roundabout 2. Unfortunately I'm not 8ft tall.
Ian

Ian,

Thank you.

Richard

I did see one at the top of Bedford Rd today while out running and didn't fancy carrying it for 20 miles so I will have a look tomorrow and see if anyone has saved it.
Also myself and Paul B went round yesterday after the race and collected lots but the road closure ones were to high and tied to tight so they will need scissors and a step ladder to retrieve them.

I collected a yellow CAR PARK sign from the roundabout by the entrance road to Spirella.

I am now away for a week, so it will have to live in my garage for a short while, but it has my recycling bins and two old bikes for company.

James,

I am moved by your care and support for the sign. Mentioned in dispatches Sir.

Dickie

The signs are slowly coming home.

I have one and will love and care for it this week as I can get to club to reunite it with its rightful home.

Thank you Babs. Please don't leave it alone in the dark. It has feelings too you know.

The Fairfield sign at roundabout 2 is still there but soooo high up a ladder is needed. Not had an opportunity to get out with equipment to fetch the poor thing!!!
😢
P

Is anyone else concerned about Dickie's state of mind or is it just me? :-)

Its so high because its scared. Don't you know anything? On Sunday it was near the ground but its crawled up out of harms way. Please bring it home.......