Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Expert in Excel

Not a running topic I know but thought I would ask.

Is anyone an expert in excel.

Thank you

D

Re: Expert in Excel

Gary is pretty good in excel...email me and i can pass it on

I'm pretty good with excel - might be able to help out too

I'm also happy to take a look.

Thank you folks.

Your mission, team, should you wish to accept it is to let me know whether excel can be programmed to improve the results service for the FSOM 5k

As always team should you be caught NHRR will disavow any knowledge of this task and the message will self destruct in 10 secs.

Looks like you probably already have more helpers than you need! If that's not the case then do shout, I'd be happy to help. (Because I'm sad a love excel stuff I'm also rather intreagued to see what solution everyone comes up with!!)

Ali

Hi Dickie,

The output from the ERS Race Timer software goes directly into Excel ---- and once the 'issues' are sorted then it's just a straight copy & paste onto the Forum.

'Issues' - because we are a nice friendly lot, we note those who haven't got their barcodes and also include those who have just done 1 lap (not bipped/scanned at finish) and also any scanning operator issues - no actual scanning probs in last few months. In the last 2 months there have been 6 - 10 issues, which have been easy to sort.

As you know, without a barcode you are an 'unknown' at a parkrun ---- it's one way we can positively differentiate NHRR FSOM from a parkrun.

The main delay in producing the results is typing-in the data from the 'newbies' registration forms. To get the results email & mob are not needed, so those are done at a later date.
On-line registration would certainly make things easier and there wouldn't be probs trying to read peoples' writing.

To reduce race day workload, we pre-registered our C25K group last month and did the same with Trisports this month.

Hi Brian
No issues with what you do. It's fantastic. It's after that collating the months of results to give the runners better stats.
Sorry about the misunderstanding
D

So you want to use excel more like a database?

Brian, i think we might be able to use the nhrr onli e ntry system we use for standalone to take online entries for fsotm...

Hi Dickie, sorry, I should have asked for a clarification, before ...

Nevertheless, Lindsay's idea of potentially using NHRR race entry system for FSOM might be a plus.

Hi Brian,

Lets discuss. If we decide to continue the FSOM it might be something to explore to give the runners more for their run.

D