Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 41

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

I think Michelle is running Lakes in a Day this weekend which is a very tough 50 mile ultra in the Lake District. So if you are running this, Michelle, I wish you all the best and Andy too if he is running it with you!

Also good luck if you are running the Great Eastern Half Marathon on Sunday.

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 41

Thanks Sue. Having looked at the weather forecast earlier in the wwek4and considering staying at home (I get cold very easily) I was talked into giving it a go as the weather was "clearing".

Hummm. Never trust the forecast, trust your own judgement! It was horrendous weather on the hills. 40 + mph gusting winds and driving rain. It was also very soft underfoot. Andy went over as his foot got caught and ended up suffering crippling cramp which destroyed his chances. I was blown over in the wind and then had to wait for Andy so got very cold and decided it was too dangerous for me to stay out in those conditions. I know my body and knowing how cold I was (even with excellent kit) going back up into the wind after the checkpoint would have been foolish. I wouldn't want to put anyone else at risk rescuing me and the next section was over 18 miles back on the peaks.

So a dnf for both of us but do we still get sore points for the 11.5 miles we did?

And the extra 2.1 miles I ran to pick up the car as Andy couldn't walk ;-)

14.5 miles for me today please, up the Baldock Beast route from Tesco.

Well done Michelle for even attempting the Lakes in a Day. You were wise to stop when you did in those conditions. There is always next year! You both will definitely get your points!

26.4 for me at the Great Barrow Challenge.

20 miles for me this morn 😊

11 miles for me this morning

12 miles for me this morning

10 for me on Tuesday and 13.1 around Peterborough this morning 😀

13.1 miles around Peterborough for me this morning too.

Sixteen and a half miles for me this morning. 1.5 points pls
Phil

13.33 miles for me please, round Peterborough - was I the only one to measure quite over the distance for the GER this morning?

10 miles for me on Saturday please.

13.1 miles for me on Sunday at the Royal Parks Half.

10 miles for me around Stotfold & Letchworth on Thursday.

26.2 Great Barrow Day 2 for me!