Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Barrow - Saturday

I ran the Saturday Great Barrow Challenge today. The route took us to Kirtling and the surrounding villages. It’s over a year since I have done this route and I forgot how undulating it is, although this time it was run in an anti-clockwise direction and we ran down Primrose Hill and not up it. During the first couple of hours we had strong winds and two heavy showers but they thankfully eased and we almost saw a glimmer of sun.

I made the mistake of wearing a new pair of shoes which although comfortable by mile 20 gave me a couple of really painful blisters. I should know better by now! The last couple of miles were mostly downhill. I took a very slight detour just about half a mile before the finish as I thought the arrow was pointing right when it was straight ahead.

Another well organised event by The Suffolk Academy. They are hoping to make the Kirtling route an official road marathon next year.

After I finished I had a cup of coffee and threw the plastic cup into the waste bin. Little did I know that with it went my car key! Spent quite a few panicky minutes trying to find it!

Jo is running the Sunday event as she had other commitments today.

I finished the 26.4 miles in 4.32 . There were only 27 taking part but I came 15th overall and third lady out of 12.

Re: Great Barrow - Saturday

Well done Sue - that's a fantastic time on an undulating course! I think I have the Clover route tomorrow which is generally quicker than Kirtling but then I gather you did Kirtling backwards so ran down instead of up the hill from Moulton!