Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Eastern Half - Results

Hi

I saw a few squirrels at the great eastern run.
Really good event, so nice and flat.
I did 1:37:00 PB

Looking forward to the knebworth half

J

Re: Great Eastern Half - Results

I ventured to Peterborough for this one and ran it in 2h 21m knocking 12 minutes off last years time

Gun Time Chip Time Bib No Gun Pos Chip Pos Forename Surname Club 
01:14:56 01:14:55 5 25 26 Mark Vaughan NORTH HERTS RRC
01:15:46 01:15:44 944 35 36 Darren Sunter NORTH HERTS RRC
01:16:52 01:16:51 12 45 46 Edward Price NORTH HERTS RRC
01:17:37 01:17:35 267 57 59 Adam Bowller NORTH HERTS RRC
01:17:46 01:17:44 1731 59 63 John Rayner NORTH HERTS RRC
01:22:42 01:22:39 3223 130 132 Stewart Overton NORTH HERTS RRC
01:35:09 01:34:33 2306 436 443 Martyn Annetts NORTH HERTS RRC
01:38:44 01:37:00 1519 564 537 James Drew NORTH HERTS RRC
01:40:50 01:40:15 3276 650 691 Suzy Trott NORTH HERTS RRC
02:00:55 01:53:51 2091 1603 1485 Linda Aird NORTH HERTS RRC
02:29:08 02:21:23 4198 3125 3254 Richard Fox NORTH HERTS RRC

Great morning out in Peterborough. Highly recommend this for anyone looking for an Autumn half next year.

I was also there - lots of speedy boys there too, and a few more PBs, maybe?

No PB for me - this was my target race for this year (post injury) but I had to revise my plan to try and stay with the 1:50 pacers as I've developed a glute/hamstring problem on the other leg now (sigh), so I knew I'd got to be a bit careful. The usual queues for a big race like this - car park, toilets, baggage, toilet again ... by the time I got to the start pens the crowds were so big it took me 7 mins to get to the start line from the gun going off! The crowds and the queues were giving me unpleasant reminders of VLM a few years ago, so I wasn't in the best frame of mind on starting, but the fantastic crowd support and flat course meant that I actually enjoyed it more than I expected. I decided to just aim for sub 2 hrs as I thought that was a more realistic target. Found that I was able to run fairly consistent 8.30ish min miles so stuck to that as far as possible and pleased to finish in 1:53:51 chip time - even manage to open it up a bit in the last couple of miles but the last hundred metres or so to the finish on lumpy grass was horrible after all that smooth tarmac!

I enjoyed the epic electric guitar performance by a young lad in the street in the last few miles, and similarly enjoyed being sprayed by the jolly firefighters hoses a couple of miles from the finish as it was quite a warm day in the end!

The winner from last year finished in 63:39, but this year's field was a fair bit slower (myself included!) with the winner coming in at 68:40 - a massive difference mainly due to the lack of decent African runners at the front end.

Well done to all who ran and achieved PBs, nice to see more squirrels than last year on the start line.

Will be doing it again next year....

Great day in Peterborough - especially with a few of us going over, brilliant team spirit. Well done to all 👍

well done you all - fantastic representation of the squirrels!!

Well done Linda. And looks like great times from all the Squirrels. I hadn't realised it was such a big event. Seven minutes to cross the start line is quite something! Well done NHRR'ers!

Well done everyone, A big event, loads of support out on the course and as flat as it gets for 13miles. 🙂

I think this is a great event, it must be some effort to get all those roads closed off & there is good support from the locals out on the course. Maybe we got lucky but we had no issues getting to the front of our start pen. Conditions were good on the day & it's a fast course so loads of pb potential.

A pb was never on the cards for me today so I was delighted to pace John R round to his pb, great performances from Darren & Stuart to get pb's too

Great results - a PB course!

Dave

Well done to everyone no matter what your results were! You have healthy strong legs and body to finish the 13.1 miles. Brilliant!
I withdrew from this race last year and this year again despite it had been my target race of the years.
England vest? Injury has been standing between me and the kit. Get older, say 65, you have a fair chance of wearing it if you apply for the event. But this applies only for ladies. Men's competition is tough at a different magnitude. Well done Nick!