Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chester Marathon Result

I had fairly mixed feelings going into the Chester Marathon. On the one hand training had been going well (encouraged by the fact that it was the BMAF Championships and also the England Athletics Masters Marathon team event. On the other I could vividly remember running out of energy and getting cramps, thus hopping slowly to a 3:16 finish in 2011.

The actual day was pretty perfect conditions, which is probably why I went out faster then my fastest pre_planned pace. The second half was certainly more undulating than the first half, and the Sandy Lane hill hadn't been removed in the last 6 years - which did help (along with the increasing distance) to slow me down. However it didn't slow me down too much, still finishing in 02:47:28 (chip time) which is a PB by 96s , 50th overall and 3rd MV50. I also got the BMAF silver medal as well. It also beats my current MV50 club record of 02:54 by a fair margin so very happy all round.

A big thank you to Pete & Karen for very loudly cheering (at I think miles 8 and 23) the second nicely timed to get me up the hill at mile 24.

I will now have qualified for the 2018 England Age Group Marathon. There is one more qualification event - Brighton on April 15th next year. If you fancy the chance of wearing an England vest then I would recommend trying - full details at https://www.englandathletics.org/athletes/england-athletics-team/road-running/england-age-group-marathon

Re: Chester Marathon Result

Fantastic result Nick! Congratulations!

Massive congratulations 🎊 well done 🏆

absolutely cracking result Nick - very well done!
Time for a well earned rest I think......before donning the England vest again next year.

Very many congratulations Nick. An amazing achievement.

Well done Nick, we are so happy for you! Amazing achievement!

Fantastic result Nick and as always really well deserved! I'm afraid however much I might fancy wearing an England vest it is never going to happen - that honour is the preserve of the truly talented and totally dedicated, as it should be!

Congratulations Nick! What a fantastic result - and a just reward for all your hard work

well done Nick fantastic running.

Congratulations! That's a fabulous result.

Brilliant!

Superb Nick. All the hard work and dedication paid off in spades. Congratulations.

Well done Nick. A really great achievement 🙂

Brilliant, Nick! A magnificent result.

Congratulations!

Awesome running Nick - really well done.

Amazing result! Well done. And well done on the qualifying time.

What an amazing result. Well done. You must be very proud of yourself this morning.

Awesome result Nick - well done

Well done Nick, what a great result with pb's & medals & further qualification

A great result Nick well done on your time and a silver medal. All that training at the club has helped you achieve your goal.

Congratulations Nick, great running!

Dave

Fantastic Result Nick, were all Proud of you!