Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chicago Marathon

I ran my 5th Chicago marathon today. it was really really hot, but I was really pleased as I managed a 3:11:23. On pace for a 3:04 until about 23 then the heat just got me. i'm obviously slightly biased as I lived there for so long, but it is an amazing marathon, running through loads of different neighbourhoods, and the crowd support is just like London. I got to see Galen Rupp warming up, and Paula Radcliffe was also hanging around! I'm taking a week off running, and hope my legs forgive me squeezing them on a plane for 9 hours to come home.

Re: Chicago Marathon

Well done Helen and an amazing time! I'm afraid 'running through loads of different neighbourhoods' doesn't tempt me at all and I've no idea who Galen Rupp is! As for the 9 hour flight - forget it!

Well done Helen, great performance & sounds like a thoroughly enjoyable day

Now I know why I kept seeing you doing long runs recently, not stalking you, just happen to drive to Stotfold a few times.
well done on your marathon, you looked well dressed for a hot run - minimal.
Yes you deserve a good rest.

Well done Helen, the time is still impressive.

Well done Helen, a great time especially on a hot day. As far as a nine hour flight is concerned after a marathon, a three hour car journey is more than enough - I hope you got back OK.