Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 17th, Thursday 19th & Saturday 21st October

Tuesday's training for blue group is an easy run if you raced today or 8-10 x Wheat Hill reps with 90s active recovery. Green group are at St Paul#s for 6 x 1M at 10km/HM pace with 90s recovery. Thursday is a 5/4/3/2/2/3/4/5 mins fartlek for both blue & green group with 90s easier running between each effort. If you racing XC Sunday you may prefer a tempo run.

Yellow group have a 5km run on Tuesday followed by 8 x 400m with 90s recovery at St Francis on Thursday.

Purple group have a ladder of 2 x 5/4/3/2 mins with 90s recovery on Tuesday and 5-6 x Wheat Hill reps on Thursday.

No track session on Saturday due to XC race Sunday unless there's a demand. See me Tuesday if you'd like a session:)

Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tuesday 17th, Thursday 19th & Saturday 21st October

Karen,
any plans for a 5k handicap race?
I know they are on special occasions but they are fun.
And I like chasing Monica (the hare) down

What a handicap race?!?

Gutted to be missing training tonight but I'm coughing so badly my neighbours probably think we bought a dog!

A handicap race is
Based on we all know our time it takes us to run a 5k distance.
We plan that everyone finishes at the same time across the finish line.

So the slowest goes first. (ask Monica how she puts off the fast boys overtaking her? I have trained her well).
followed by the next with the time difference. etc. I think we go in steps of 15 seconds?
It does take a bit of organising and setting people off at the correct times.
Session works well as you would see your target runner to race along the last straight.

Plus runner behind yourself is targeting you to chase down, so never look back.

is that clear??

That sounds great, I can imagine the organising part is less fun! I'll look forward to running one.

Running a speedy fartlek session last night was a little scary.
the leaves are everywhere and its difficult to see the path and the path edges plus the uneven footpath underneath. So its easy to twist an ankle.
Man down nearly last night, he was tough and carried on.

It shouldn't be for too long but do be careful.
I have asked for session on Blackhorse Road as its a new road surface and we can run on the road as not much traffic.

Ali, Karen likes to organise us, Haha