Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC instructions - Event 2 - Wootton. 12th Nov.

Three Counties XC instructions - Event 2 - Wootton. 12th Nov.
Please see below the details regarding the first race. These are now on 3cxc Website

Note that this is a different route to the last few years - and when I say its a different route, I mean its a different route. Its located in a different place. Race HQ is also different. Its at a different school. However it is only on the other side of the roundabout to previous.

Here is a strava segment that matches the lap map provided by Wootton RR below. Note that there is a relatively short but steep incline and decent in the lap. The course is twice round this lap.

We need as many runners as possible to especially help with the overall competition. The men and women are in great positions too, so we need to keep the momentum going!

Incidentally, here is a reminder of the rule that was introduced last year regarding the scoring.

A scoring team will consist of 8 male runners (including a minimum of 4 MV35+) and 4 female runners (including at least 2 FV35+). Each scoring member in the combined team competition will contribute a point score equal to their overall position within the race. In the Male and female team competitions each scoring member will contribute a point score equal to their position within their gender.

This means that you are not to let anybody in front of you, you are racing everybody.

Remember to bring your mug with you to get your post race brew. If you don't have one yet, there will be one waiting for you at the finish. They're great!

Please post below to arrange car shares.

#TeamNHRR

Instructions

Host Club: Wootton Road Runners

Date: Sunday 12 Nov 2017

Time: 10:30 a.m.

Location: Northampton High School, Hardingstone, Northampton, NN4 6UU
The Race HQ is situated at Northampton High School and can be accessed from the main car park.
Postcode for Sat Nav: NN4 6UU

Parking: There is adequate parking at the school but we would strongly urge you to lift share where possible.

Facilities: The school offers changing, showers and toilet facilities. Food and hot drinks will be provided after the race.

Course:
The course has changed and is now back at Delapre Abbey Course Map
The course is 2 laps of approximately 2.5 miles
The course is off road and consists of two laps of a country park and includes wooded areas. The course follows parkland, woodland, public footpaths and is suitable for spikes or studs.

Start: Please note the start is about a 1.5 mile walk from the HQ - allow 20 to 25 mins to reach the start Start Map. The route to the start from HQ will be clearly signposted

Re: Three Counties XC instructions - Event 2 - Wootton. 12th Nov.

Please can I have two volunteers to record the scores after the race. We only need one sheet to record both men and women. Two people makes it much easier task as one can collect the number from the runner and the other writes down the position value.

This time next week we will be getting ready to rock!

I can offer a lift from Ickleford/Hitchin area - can fit 2 or 3 passengers in my car, so post on here if you'd like a lift from there.

Bring on xc no. 2!

Linda, I will be driving, taking Joy if you'd like to come with us. Room for one more if anyone else wants a lift from Hitchin or Letchworth.

Thanks Christine - I might take you up on that if no-one else from Hitchin needs a lift.

I will be going to the cross country at Wootton. There are 2 places spare if anyone wants a lift.

Thanks
Monica

Chris, please can I have your spare space in your car if still available?

Of course, Lindsay. I haven't sorted timings yet but could you come to mine please, then we'll pick Linda up then Joy. Will let you know a time later. Will be like old times.

perfect, yes it will :-) thanks!!

Thx Monica - as per chat on Tuesday Helen & I are grateful for the lift. Thx. Lucy O'C

Re: Three Counties XC Lift

Lucy & Helen

Austin and I will pick you up between 8:00 and 08:15 on Sunday.

See you Sunday

Monica

FAO Brian Judkins-as discussed will pick you up at the Spirela at 0800. Room for 2 others if anybody else is struggling for a lift.

Linda and Lindsay,

I reckon the journey will take about an hour. Lindsay, could you be at mine for about 8:20 please and Linda we'll pick you up about half past. If you think this is too early or late please say.

Joy can't make it (she's picked up an injury) so there is room for one more from Angels Reply area of Hitchin.

perfect (and sorry about the injury Joy!) x now where are my XC shoes??

Sorry to hear that Joy is injured - hope it soon heals.

I will be ready at 8.30am - do you want me to wait up on the Bedford Road, Christine? I could stand by the road crossing which leads onto the Hambridge Way.

Hi Geoff, Could I please take one of your spare places?

Meeting at Spirella would work well for me.

Thanks,

James W

Linda, that would be great but if it's pouring down text me and I'll pick you up. Do you have my number? Or WhatsApp me on Adam's group.

Hi Guys,

As new members, my partner Niamh and I are coming to our first race this weekend! However, we've not yet had a chance to get hold of any kit, which i understand we need to compete tomorrow!

Is there any chance anyone coming to the race has any spare that we could borrow or are we able to arrange to buy some in time?

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Marcus

OK James-see you tomorrow.

Got this sorted, thanks John!

Hi Geoff, is there still a spare place in your car?
If so, I can also meet at Spirella,

Thank you

Yes-see you tomorrow.

Sorry Geoff, don't wait for me - I seem to have done something to my big toe, so I won't be able to race today,

Thank you