Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 7th & Thursday 9th November

On Tuesday purple group's session is 4 x 600m along Bedford Rd. You will run the length of Bedford Rd, have 90s recovery at the Wilbury Rd end, run back and then have 90s recovery at the Spirella end. To compete 4 reps you will do this twice:) Thursday's training is 2 x 20 minutes with 2 mins rest between the 20 mins. You will run out for 20mins and then have 20mins to get back to where you started!

Yellow group will be coached by Pete on Tuesday and your session is 6 x Wheat Hill reps off 2 minutes recovery. Thursday will be coached by Karen and will be 6 x 600m starting from Grange Rd roundabout. If you're racing XC on Sunday you may prefer an easy run.

Tuesday's session for green group is moving venue as you were supposed to be at St Francis for 1000m reps but it is very dark along West View so hope you don't mind a move to Grange Rd for 1200s. I'll also take the wheel round to see where the 1000m ends. If it's 12000s it will be 5-6 or 6-8 x 1000m Both will be off 90s recovery. Thursday is either an easy run if you are racing Sunday or a 20-30 minute tempo run with a 10 minute easier running warm up and cool down. Tempo running is an effort where you can say 4-6 words but not hold a continuous conversation.

Finally blue group have 3 x 2M from Willian Way traffic lights round Brandalls Rd with 90s recovery on Tuesday and an easy run or a fartlek of 10 x 90s effort and 90s easier running on Thursday.

There is no track session this week due to the race on Sunday.
Enjoy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tuesday 7th & Thursday 9th November

I will be at the club with the cross county numbers. If you haven’t collected your number yet, then please do so this week.

The second race is this Sunday.

Last night was brutal! Hard session anyway, I wasn’t looking forward to it very much... I was sat in my kit, half contemplating taking the night off.

Then it started raining! And then it started pouring!

What got me out was knowing that Pete and Karen would be there standing in the rain, and knowing that there would be some squirrels there to run with. I felt like I couldn’t not turn out and leave the team a squirrel short.

It was freezing! But pleased I made it there. Half the training last night was mental training.

Kudos to all who turned out!

#TeamNHRR

John A
Half the training last night was mental training.

Kudos to all who turned out!

#TeamNHRR

Shouldn't this read 'Training last night was mental.'???

I have to echo John here. For both: that is was tough running in the cold pouring rain and kudos to all who came, especially the coaches who dont even all get warm running around.

It took me an extra long and extra hot shower, one hot soup and two mugs of tea before I felt warm again. I even contemplated a hot water bottle, but decided to leave that for post sub-zero training, to be on our door step soon.

In the office coffee-queue the next morning I answered the question of "What did you get up to on the horrible evening yesterday" with and shrug and "nothing special" - they just wouldnt understand - you all do! :-)

my shoes are very clean.
dry after the airing cupboard.
Green group didn't hang around, warm up then straight into drills and away you go on the reps.

Astrid, you are right - sometimes it's just not worth trying to explain why we do what we do - for fun!