Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Head Torch

I am looking to buy a decent head torch to run with on dark roads. I don't mind spending up to about £100, must be light weight as possible, strong beam of light, rechargeable and if possible have a red light on the back.

Any recommendations??

Re: Head Torch

Decathlon do some great head torches and around £40

Vince - I've got one of the Light & Motion ones, very good light on the front (3 settings) plus a red light on the back. Rechargeable via USB. My night vision is particularly poor and I find this head torch really effective. It cost me about £100 a year ago - which was a bit cheaper than the RRP I think, bought it online but can't remember where from now, sorry!

Vince I got same as Linda from tri Sports with our 10% off

I have the Light and Motion Vis 360 RUN. It's amazing. Really strong front beam, two small yellow side lights and a rear facing red light. I got it a while back but managed to find one for around £70.

Another vote for the Light and Motion Vis 360 RUN, which I assume is the same one Linda has too. Great bit of kit

Thanks everyone, a Light and Motion it is.

Vince

Light & Motion Run 360 comes in 2 different light outputs. Vis 360 is 120 lumens, whereas the vis 360+ is 250 lumens, which I think makes all the difference.

They now also do a more powerful version, similar to the imjim shown on their website, which I think is either 500 or 600 lumens - this is stocked at Trisports for around £140 I think. You will need at least 250 lumens for running the greenway in the dark, obviously less is required if you are running on the streets with some street lighting.

Have a word with Jim McC at the club - he knows his stuff.....