Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our XC - 17th December 2017

Dear All,

As Christmas approaches there can be only one thing on your mind. No its not presents and mulled wine. No its not Santa and turkey. Its not even James Bond and carol singers. Its also definitely not Mistletoe and wine.

Yes, its our cross country. Its now become legendary in XC folklore. The NHRR XC event. We normally get marshals dressed as elves, mulled wine, minced pies and turkey rolls. However last year we were thrilled to get carols on the course.

We also get loads of NHRR taking part.

So, get it in your diary. Its on Sunday 17th December. Its at Standalone Farm and the course is such that everyone, yes everyone in the club can take part if they wish.

If you can't run or would rather help. Please let me know on this thread and I will start compiling a list of Santa's helpers.

Don't forget. If you take part in XC this year you get a mug so lets make this the biggest NHRR XC event ever.

Thank you.

Dickie

Re: Our XC - 17th December 2017

Happy to marshal and play the odd carol (some of them were very odd!)

I am very happy to help.

Monica

I will do whatever, I was a zone leader last couple of years so happy to take that on again if you want.

I could do the other zone?

Happy to marshal. Please could I have my usual spot; on the track at the far end of the course. Ho, ho, ho.

Happy to be tail running elf again, though if anyone else wants to give it a go, I can be a marshall.

Happy to help out if needed.

I’ll be around to help that day as needed. Can I request a place not too far from standalone please.

I am happy to help with whatever is needed. Hx

I'd like to run if possible, but can be there early doors to help set up, make rolls etc., and will stay to help clear up at the end.

I am available to help.

What is the distance please and the terrain.

Hayley - have a look on the XC page for details:

http://www.threecountiesxc.co.uk/2017/Event4/3CXC_Event4_Instructions.html

It's about 5 miles, a bit undulating, can be quite muddy - like most xc to be honest! :wink:

Hi
I am happy to Marshall

Monica

Happy to help marshal.

Yes can marshal
Dave