Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our XC - 17th December 2017

Dear All,

As Christmas approaches there can be only one thing on your mind. No its not presents and mulled wine. No its not Santa and turkey. Its not even James Bond and carol singers. Its also definitely not Mistletoe and wine.

Yes, its our cross country. Its now become legendary in XC folklore. The NHRR XC event. We normally get marshals dressed as elves, mulled wine, minced pies and turkey rolls. However last year we were thrilled to get carols on the course.

We also get loads of NHRR taking part.

So, get it in your diary. Its on Sunday 17th December. Its at Standalone Farm and the course is such that everyone, yes everyone in the club can take part if they wish.

If you can't run or would rather help. Please let me know on this thread and I will start compiling a list of Santa's helpers.

Don't forget. If you take part in XC this year you get a mug so lets make this the biggest NHRR XC event ever.

Thank you.

Dickie

Re: Our XC - 17th December 2017

Happy to marshal and play the odd carol (some of them were very odd!)

I am very happy to help.

Monica

I will do whatever, I was a zone leader last couple of years so happy to take that on again if you want.

I could do the other zone?

Happy to marshal. Please could I have my usual spot; on the track at the far end of the course. Ho, ho, ho.

Happy to be tail running elf again, though if anyone else wants to give it a go, I can be a marshall.

Happy to help out if needed.

I’ll be around to help that day as needed. Can I request a place not too far from standalone please.

I am happy to help with whatever is needed. Hx

I'd like to run if possible, but can be there early doors to help set up, make rolls etc., and will stay to help clear up at the end.

I am available to help.

What is the distance please and the terrain.

Hayley - have a look on the XC page for details:

http://www.threecountiesxc.co.uk/2017/Event4/3CXC_Event4_Instructions.html

It's about 5 miles, a bit undulating, can be quite muddy - like most xc to be honest! :wink:

Hi
I am happy to Marshall

Monica

Happy to help marshal.

Yes can marshal
Dave

Thanks for all the offers of help so far! We need some helpers for before and after so if you would like to run then this is possible, as well as some more course marshals and some food makers for before the race (you guys can run). Volunteering early makes my life a lot easier so thank you very much! :smile:

Happy to help in any way. Would Like to run if possible please. Better not allow me to sing it might ruin the event for everyone - Phil H I am not!

Following on from Lucy's appeal for marshals/helpers at our XC we will need as much support as possible. Yes we will need to get out a strong team and also have as many runners as possible taking part. There will be a lot of work to do before and after the race so PLEASE volunteer to help.
Thanks
Ian

I can help. Make rolls, set up, finish up and Marshall if needed. If there is a chance to run I would like to please.

I'm happy to be a marshall (never done it before so will need to be told what to do!)

Will be there to set up. Will also be able to take numbers at the finish and hand out mugs to the runners.

Will be there to help before and after but am planning to run.

My Dad's keen to help out Dickie.

Happy to Marshal 😍 x

Yes I will be around. Happy to marshall but may try and run if possible (if I'm fit enough by then)

I will help Marshal what time do I need to be there and where?

Hi Hayley, briefing is at 9.30 for marshals on the course, I've also put you down to help beforehand so if you could arrive at 8am that would be great. It's at Standalone farm.

Still need some helpers for the Saturday and a few more for the Sunday.....Thanks everyone for volunteering so far!

I'm happy to marshal or help beforehand and then run - wherever I'm needed.

Ellie

By the way on the Three Counties XC website it says parking is at the farm, and nothing about using Spirella

Lucy - Chief marshal
Hi Hayley, briefing is at 9.30 for marshals on the course, I've also put you down to help beforehand so if you could arrive at 8am that would be great. It's at Standalone farm.

Still need some helpers for the Saturday and a few more for the Sunday.....Thanks everyone for volunteering so far!
Hello
I can help and will be available to come to standalone for 9.30am for the briefing as discussed with Lucy tonight at training.

Thank you
Randeep

Lucy - when do you need people on the Saturday? I could probably do an hour or so, particularly if it was first thing.

I can help but time is limited for me so can get there for 9.30 but would need to leave pretty quickly after the race.

Hi lucy I can be there to marshal I can't get there for 8 can come for the briefing at 9.30 then you can send me where ever but I can't help out before I have a prior engagement

Hi Lucy

I am happy to Marshall unfortunately cant get there before 9.30am.

Helen

I'm injured, would be happy to marshal if needed.

We have offered to be at Spirella and then do the finish funnel:)

Hi Lucy, I won't be running and can assist with scanning and funnel control etc. Thanks

Hi all, is there a grid to let us know where we are and when we're needed etc? Sorry if I've missed it.

Thank you so much for volunteering, we can't run these events without any of you lovely people, you are very much appreciated!

I've completed the marshal list, please check all the way through, you may have more than one job :slightly_smiling_face:

Copy and paste the link into your browser to view:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15z2npDtm3D_vjP4ySZAxVFT1_LU9wVwyLiWRbKkm5tU

I'm injured so I can't run :(
So I'm available to help out, anytime and doing whatever on Sunday, just let me know

Sorry, Lucy but I won’t be available to help on Sunday now. Maybe Hannah K can take my place.

Hi Hannah

Please come along and take Sue's place. If you could come at 8am and fill in her spots that would be brill.

Thanks!
Lucy

No worries, see you then

if you still need more marshalls im happy to help.

where are we to meet please.

Jo

Happy to help at start/set up provided this does not involve any lifting due to an ongoing back issue which is currently stopping me from running.

Hi Jo

The marshals briefing is 9.30 on Sunday but if you can be there earlier that would help. We will be at the Farm from about 8am,

Thanks

Ian

Thanks Ian

Where is the best place to park please

Jo

Hi Lucy. It looks like I've been put down for about 5 different jobs. Happy to help, but I would like to run if possible in between. I can't really work out if that's possible with the jobs I've been given. And are we allowed to park at the farm? Thanks

Hi Lucy
I’m on tea and coffee. Does this mean arrive at the start and leave after the last runner?
Becky

Chief marshal - Lucy H
Thank you so much for volunteering, we can't run these events without any of you lovely people, you are very much appreciated!

I've completed the marshal list, please check all the way through, you may have more than one job :slightly_smiling_face:

Copy and paste the link into your browser to view:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15z2npDtm3D_vjP4ySZAxVFT1_LU9wVwyLiWRbKkm5tU
Where do we meet at 8 tomorrow, Standalone or Spirella?

Caroline-you can definitely run!
Becky-tea and coffee sales are going on from 8ish
Ed-meet at standalone

All helpers can park at standalone, or the roads nearby if it is full.

See you all tomorrow!

Ok, I’ll be there about 8.30, out drinking tonight so I don’t think I can make it before that 🙈 x

Hi Lucy,
I'm not on the marshall list. Am I not needed? I can get there for 9.30 and would need to leave about midday.
H

Thank you for letting me run, and thank you to everyone who marshalled to allow us runners to run:smiley: . What a brilliant morning!

Well said, Caroline! All our helpers and marshals did a great job. It's fantastic to get a cheer from our own 'home team' marshals.

Special thanks to Ian, Lucy and Dickie for leading all the planning and organisation so we could put on yet another top-quality NHRR event. And Sue for masterminding the catering!

has everyone warmed up yet? great event as always!