Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shoes

Where would people reccomend to go for road running shoes these days?

I need new shoes as my old ones are totally worn down but as ASICS change the size between each release I would like to try several pairs on before buying!

I've given up on Sweatshop since they changed hands as the advice seems to have gone rapidly downhill so am looking for other suggestions.

Re: Shoes

If you don't know what shoes you need/want then get some decent advice. Advance Performance at Cambridge or Peterborough do a full service but you do pay full whack for your shoes.

Peter and I went to AP Cambridge today and were really impressed with the service as always. You are going to pay £100 plus for shoes but you do get a gait analysis so going in running kit is ideal. If you don't buy shoes they will charge £25 for the analysis. They stock On Cloud, Saucinay, Brooks, Mizuno, Asics, Hoka, Adidas, New Balance and Nike. They also had lots of great running gear but I resisted and just purchased a band for strength and conditioning work:)

I also had a fab experience at Advance Performance - the shoes they sold me solved all my problems overnight. Yes you pay full whack for the first pair but then you can buy later pairs on the internet.

Thanks all - looks like a trip to Cambridge for me on Sunday :grinning:

Runners Need in Biggleswade do a full gait analysis and have a great selection of road running shoes. (if I do say so myself!)