Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shillington Shuffle

Jo and I took part in the off road Shillington Shuffle Marathon today. The course started and finished in Barton-le-Clay. We had the “pleasure” of tackling the very steep hill at the nature reserve in Barton and then the route took us across country via Gravenhurst, Stondon, Holwell, Pirton and Lilley.

Very picturesque for about 20 miles and then the remainder was mainly across farmland and fields. I went wrong a couple of times and ended up covering 27.6 miles. Time was a bit slow at 5.40 but enjoyed the run in some great winter sunshine. Jo finished well before me! :blush:

Re: Shillington Shuffle

Well done :relaxed:

well done Sue and Jo, this must be kept quiet as its such a local run and I didn't know it existed.

What a fantastic day for a long run around the Barton/Pegsdon hills! Fantastic route with spectacular views all the way and virtually dry underfoot which is very rare for this event. Not sure why Sue went to Gravenhurst - it may explain her time - but I went from Barton to Lilley, Pirton, Holwell, Stondon, Meppershall, Shillington and back to Barton! One little detour early on (talking and knowing where I was but not concentrating on the route to take) added about a mile so ended up doing just over 27 miles. Time - 4.44 which is pretty good for a Shuffle!