Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sharing some XC practices - getting ready for tomorrow morning #DFYM

The race start is 10-15 minute walk (0.6 miles) from the Race HQ.

Sunday morning in Dunstable, the weather is going to be 3-4 degrees :snowflake: with a little wind :wind_blowing_face: so it’s important to have some kit with you at the start and finish so that you do not get cold. Especially afterwards, you will cool down very quickly. :face_with_thermometer:

I thought I’d share what I do incase it helps anybody. What I do is wear a coat from HQ to the start, with some items in the pockets. I use my NHRR yellow jacket as it has quite big pockets. It’s a good idea to pack all of these items straight into the coat pockets the night before. This way you don’t forget to do it in the morning or at the venue.

I have;

• A plastic bag to put my shoes in afterwards. This way you can take them off and carry them in. No shoes are allowed into the HQ afterwards, but they let you if they are in a bag.

• A pair of clean socks. Take your socks off that you ran in and put them in the same carrier bag - then put some fresh, dry, clean ones on. Even better if they are big thermal socks! Otherwise your feet will be cold getting back to your kit bag.

• A long sleeve base layer. I find this the easiest way to warm up afterwards whilst still being small enough to fit into a coat pocket. A tshirt would work just as well. Just something clean and dry.

• Gloves

• Hat or ear warmer

• A gel or chocolate bar - I know we get cake afterwards, but sometimes it can be a while before you get back and through the queue. It’s good idea to have something available if you NEED some energy right after finishing.

Hope this helps, but feel free to ignore it. It’s just what I do to keep warm. :fire:

#DFYM
Don’t Forget Your Mug

See you in the morning!

#TeamNHRR

Re: Sharing some XC practices - getting ready for tomorrow morning #DFYM

John,
If we are car sharing from the spirella, do you know if we can leave our cars there?

Thanks

Yeah, no problem. There’s the gym there anyway, so there are cars there. The building is also open for the offices there. I have left my car ther before on Sunday for XC.

Thank you

Be SMUG, don't forget your MUG!!!!!! #tea #DFYM

Great advice John! I got a bit hangry at the last event as I had no food with me at the start!