Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mulligatwny - 24th December

Dear All,

Every year a hardy but happy group meet up at the Lilley Arms PH in Lilley (surprisingly) on Christmas Eve. We then run all or some of the classic Mulligatawny route (once done never forgotten).

We meet at 0930, run, crawl, walk round the route, give each other hearty pats on the back and then meet at the cars for hot drinks and food and recap on each others daring dos.

Its a great morning out.

Please post if you would like to join us. The course is such that all members can complete some or all of the course.

Dickie

Re: Mulligatwny - 24th December

I will be there.
Going for a practice this Sunday.
That pic on our homepage is us running from the trig point at top of Deacon Hill in January.

YES. Happy to guide a shorter/slightly easier 5 mile route - as in the Summer (when?).

Will be Yellow Group+ Sunday run that week. :smiley:

Yes, count me in.

Yes, will be around this year. Probably the shorter 5.5 mile route for me

I'm coming, one of my favourite parts of Christmas! I'll put the Brussels on simmer and then come running, whilst the rest of the world does crazy last minute buying of stuff they don't need!:santa:

i'll be there - great start to Christmas

Sounds fun.I'll be there.:)

Will definitely be there. Best part of Christmas without a doubt.

I hope to be there this year

Me too. Love the mulli run 😊

What is the Mulligatawny route and can anyone join in please?

Jo

Id love to come but guess what...... I'll be working as so many people seem to want to go shopping on Christmas Eve and someone has to be Santa and deliver it.....BAH HUMBUG :truck:

Yes, I'll try to get there if I can
Phil H

Hi Jo,

In short. It starts in Lilley, goes up a steep hill on the plateau to the east. You run round a muddy field before the fun begins.

Three choices

1. Do the extended bit.
2. Carry on to the Icknield Way.
3. Start crying.

Once on the Icknield Way, go down to the right and then up Pegsdon Hill to the trig point and one of the best runs in the World. You can see for miles, even if you are crying.

Then run along the ridge and down to the Live and Let Live. Up the gradual track until you get to Heartbreak Hill where most people start crying, again. Once at the Icknield Way, turn right and then back up the last hill onto the plateau and retrace your steps to home.

Easy, peasy. Lemon squeasy.

Dickie