Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 19th, Thursday 21st and Saturday 23rd December

Tuesday's session for everyone will be what we have traditionally called our "Bling Run". Essentially this is an easy run to look at Christmas lights, enjoy the festive spirit, and then enjoy a hot drink and mince pie back at the Spirella afterwards. Pete and I checked out some of Fairfield last night and will go to Willian tonight. Either venue will be a maximum of 3 miles one way and Pete will drive to the venue so that anyone who wishes to can get a lift back. The run will be suitable for all abilities. One health and safety notice is that you are very welcome to enjoy a natter with friends but please make sure you also watch out where you are running or what you are running in to!

On Thursday I am organising a club handicap 5km. There is no pressure to run fast or race you simply start at whatever time you feel you would like to run and then I hope that you don't all cross the finish line together although that is the idea!! The course is about 3M and we will set the first runners off to 45mins. I will then call out each minute, e.g. 44/43/42 etc and you simply start when your time is called. I will have a list at the club and ask you to write down when you will be starting. If you are starting at 25mins, i.e. 20 mins after the start then you could either stay at Spirella in the warm for a few minutes extra or go off for an easy run to warm up.

The track will be open Saturday 23rd and Saturday 30th December. I will be coaching both days and the session will consist of mobility and gait drills followed by reps. Last week was 6 x 400m so running could be 5 x 500m, 4 x 600m or 3 x 800m. Please post below if you are coming to the track. In the event of bad weather I will post on the forum and Facebook by 8am to indicate whether the session is still on.

Happy Christmas and happy running with NHRR!:evergreen_tree: :snowman_without_snow:

Re: Training Tuesday 19th, Thursday 21st and Saturday 23rd December

Should have added that if we go to Willian the gentleman collects for charity so it would be great if you could bring a small donation.

Thank you Karen. I will be at the track on 30th. Happy Christmas!

Track for me this weekend please

Thanks Karen.

I will be at the track this Saturday.

I am planning to be at the track.

After that I am planning to head to Broxbourne Woods to look for the 3 Parrot Crossbills that have been hanging out there. Have been trying to interest Karen and Pete in this exciting opportunity. Anyone else is welcome to join me/us.

Hi I will possibly come to track on the 30th thankyou

Hi Karen,

I'm hoping to be at the track tomorrow.

Thanks

I’ll be at the track on the 30th, thank you!

I will be at the track this Saturday 30th. :smiley: :runner:

track this Saturday for me too...