Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 52 - The Final

We have reached the last week of this year's SORE League! Very many thanks to everyone who has posted on the League. It would be nothing without your weekly contributions and it is always interesting and sometimes amusing to read where you have run and how many miles you have covered.

There is still time to add some more points this week! :runner: :runner: :runner:

Happy Christmas everyone and I hope you all have a successful and injury-free running year in 2018!

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League
Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Brian J, I have added your half point for your 10 mile run last week but it doesn't appear under "weekly accomplishments".

Re: SORE League Week 52 - The Final

Yes ! my first entry for 6 months. Managed 10 miles last week on my favourite run over to Pegston hills. I'm back :laughing: - bring on next year 😂🤗

Big thanks for organising and adding the points. 12.5 this morning with Matt Sayer. Both up early as excited about Father Christmas visiting tonight 😂

16.1 miles for me today, in Barnsley. A lot of it was off road, down an old rail way line called the Trans Pennine Path which goes the full width of the country. I was a bit late getting out so I had a race against the day light to get to the street lamp lit section of my route. Hard work alone! :tired_face:

14 miles today around letchworth and Hitchin

I've not done many long runs over the past months so haven't posted the ones I have done. But seeing as it's the last week I felt that I should have recorded them. So here they are and don't worry if they are too late to add, they wont make any major difference to the overall positions:

10 miles part of the greenway 29th October
12.2 miles around the greenways 5th November
12.2 miles around the greenways 25th November
11.2 miles off road to Weston 9th December

13.5 miles around the Hitchin Hard Half route for me yesterday with Darren, Ed and Adam.

13.1m for me yesterday!!

Merry Xmas

10.57 miles today - enjoyable run, mostly around the Greenway with Helen & Lucy.

10 miles for me with Brian as an alibi!

A long 16.7 miles for me on Sunday - :)

Another 10.1 miles for me this morning please (in addition to the 16.1 above).

Thanks very much for taking this on Sue! You’ve done a great job. It is definitely fun and obsessive, the things I do for a point or half a point! We’re all mad! :joy: When the league wasn’t running that little bit short at the end didn’t matter. But you definitely feel like you are earning something with this system. I’ve even adjusted my marathon plan for this spring to convert the 9’s into 10’s... will have to see how it goes! Looking forward to next year.

Finishing the year on 13.3 miles around an icy Baldock Beast route today with some squirrels for company

13.1 miles for me today around an icy Baldock Beast route with great company.

13.2 ice skating around the beast

10.5 miles for me in the snow around Preston on the 27th with good company.

Hi Sue

Apologies to dump it all in on the last week. I had a look back to count up my long runs since March, walks nowadays but it all counts

10-13 miles (x18)
13-16 miles (x12)
16-20 miles (x3)

The league is a great incentive for rounding up, but this year since walking I have been metric, walking 15k (9.3miles) on a further 48 occasions. Plenty of lost points there!

Dave : )

Final long runs of the year. 10.5 in the snow on Wednesday with a few other fool hardy runners. 15 this morning battling the wind on my own. Thought I'd done enough miles to finish on a pleasing even 2222 miles, only to discover I finished on 2223 🤣

10 sloshy muddy miles for Gem and I this morning, twice round Common and part of Greenway.
Gem looked like a 'bog creature' afterwards but it was a great xcountry run!:smiley:

10k around Greenway towards Purwell back via Willian with Yellow Group (overtaken by Jane & Chris at photo stop) then did a bit more - obsessively running up and down outside my house until 10 miles clocked up.
762.50 miles for me in 2017 - most for quite a long while - this century for sure.

Another 10 miles for me today at the Buntingford 10.

This gives me the following to end the year.
Sun 24th - 16.1
Wed 27th - 10.1
Sun 31st - 10

Happy new year!

A final 10 miles for me today at the Buntingford Year End 10 :smiley:

The SORE league has pushed me to go that extra distance - my neighbours must think I only run up and down the road, but sometimes that’s what you have to do to get and extra 0.5 points!

Also a final 10 miles for me today at Buntingford 10 :) what a way to round off 2017!

Naomi P
The SORE league has pushed me to go that extra distance - my neighbours must think I only run up and down the road, but sometimes that’s what you have to do to get and extra 0.5 points!
Nice one Naomi! ‘Laps of the car park’ are what the SORE league is all about :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: