Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Barrow Xmas Triple Tipple

I did day two of the Xmas Triple Tipple this morning. I must admit I wasn’t looking forward to running in icy cold weather. We started at 8am with most of the runners hooded up and gloves and caps and heads down. There were a few who obviously didn’t feel the cold! As this route is mainly on country roads it was very icy underfoot with people sliding along in some places. We had sleet/rain showers for most of the first half and then the winds picked up which sometimes blew me backwards on some of the hills. But I plodded on and didn’t walk at all mainly because it was so cold that you had to keep moving.

Jo was marshalling today at checkpoint four as she is injured. She was manning the tipple of the Xmas Triple and so I indulged in a mixture of Amaretto and Coca Cola and that got me nicely through to the finish!

This was a marathon that you just had to grit your teeth and finish. I finished very cold and wet in 4.33. :blush:

Re: Great Barrow Xmas Triple Tipple

Well done Sue, sounds like a great time in those conditions. Hope you didn't get blood tested at the end. :smiley:

That sounds quite terrible!! Congratulations for getting round Sue and well done Jo for marshalling. Hope you indulged in the tipple too (just to keep warm, you understand!)

It was cold, wet, windy, slippery, everything I hate all at once. Marshalling was grim but I think running was grimmer. No-one smiled. I did manage to get rid of half a bottle of Jack Daniels, half a bottle of Captain Morgan rum and a whole bottle of Dissaronno though!

Well done Sue on a great time on a foul day! fbd r