Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HOOP run and social Sun Feb 17th

For anyone doing the Baldock Beast the following week, or anyone else who fancies a slow and easy 12 miles-ish run around the Hitchin HOOP, I thought it would be good to do this again - we did it last year and it was great fun!

Meet in Ickleford (at my house) and run round the HOOP, which is a little under 12 miles. For anyone who doesn't know this route, it is a bit like the Greenway (and actually includes part of the Greenway)only better! :wink: On and off road, but mostly off, so trail shoes recommended. Anyone willing to run round at 10-10.30 min miling is welcome. The idea is to all end up back at my house in Ickleford for cake and hot drinks after our run.

Please post if you would be interested in doing this so I can see if it's worth making lots of cake ......

Re: HOOP run and social Sun Feb 17th

I would love to come but I am a bit slower than that, maybe i'll set off earlier and see when you call catch me! also, are you thinking sat 17th or sun 18th? :-)

Whoops - calendar malfunction! I meant Sun 18th :smile:

Linda, I would like to join you. Thanks!:slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to join you all too.

I’d be interested but, like Lindsay, slower. Happy to go earlier with you Lindsay 😉

Sounds like fun! I am in but don't count me in the numbers for cake, not at race weight yet...

Yes I'm in, if I can go at yellow group pace!

Me too please :slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds great! 👍🏻

This is looking great - we have a nice group forming! Brian - we will be doing a Yellow Group type pace and we won't leave anyone behind. Helen - cake made by someone else has no calories, I thought you knew that :wink:

The answer is yes, Linda - it's worth making lots of cake!! Hope to join you 🙃

I'd like to join you, I can go at the back with you Lindsay and Brian.

I can make some cake...was thinking of setting off 15/20 minutes before the rest of them for anyone who wants to join me (and if that is ok with you Linda!)

I'm coming along too, please.

I would be interested but may have to work out where I can meet you as I'm still working on increasing my distance with my knee. I need to find a meeting point approximately 1 hours run before the end. Any ideas???

I reckon half way is Oakfield ave on the south side of Hitchin. Perhaps join us there, should take us an hour to get there?

I or someone can give u a lift to collect your car after tea and cake at Linda's

Yes, Paul's suggestion sounds about right - that's approximately half way round.

Hi Linda, i would like to join the Hoop run on Sunday 17th, although I don't have any details
where do we meet and what time?

Andrew - yes, do come along! The idea is to go from Ickleford - I'll post the details on here a bit nearer the time. I plan to leave about 9am, if that suits everyone. We should be able to form small groups depending on people's preferred pace.

Me too please Linda. Happy to be a back marker and bring a cake. Cheers - Joy

Looking forward to seeing lots of HOOP runners tomorrow - the plan is to set off at 9am from Chambers Lane in Ickleford, which is on the HOOP route. Coming from Letchworth, turn right into Upper Green, just before the church, go past the Plume of Feathers pub and there is a row of cottages on the left - my house is in the middle of the row and there will be some NHRR-themed identification outside to help you find the right house!

Parking - there is limited space on the road, but plenty of room in the Ickleford sports and social club car park directly opposite my house.

I have been busy cake-making, and several other people have offered to bring cake so there should be plenty for everyone!

Although there are a few sections on the road, most of the route is off-road and it will be very claggy underfoot in places so TRAIL SHOES ARE STRONGLY ADVISED!

See you all tomorrow :smile:

If anyone is worried about being slow, don't be, I'll be there to make you look good!

Linda I have flapjacks in the oven. If they don't burn, I shall bring them along.
Actually, I will bring them anyway 😂
See you at 9 am

I'd like to give this a go. See you all tomorrow.

Thanks Linda for organizing the run and hosting the post run tea & cake. Thanks to everyone who baked as well, there was a splendid very tasty selection and thanks to all for the company.