Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Watford HM

Today I headed southwards to run the Watford HM, few month after my last competitive race. The course was described as undulating, as to say that it was somehow similar to the Hitchin Hard HM one, with quite a few steep hills and a lot of nice countryside landscapes. I aimed at 1.38 or so, but somehow I managed to place a 1:35.06, ending 365th out of nearly 1900 participants.

Only, my Garmin did not quite agree with the HM distance, and when I stopped after the finish line (note: the last mile was uphill...infamous!) it told me that I'd run only 21km...shame on me! I was dried out with energy and didn't bother to run the last 100m by myself...

Re: Watford HM

Well done Niccolo - I used to like the Watford Half but it clashes with something else I have to do now. It also used to be very popular with other club members. I well know the torture of the uphill in the last mile followed by entering the park, seeing the finish and then turning right and running in the opposite direction for about 400m before turning back! Strangely even though it is hilly it does seem to be a PB course...

Well done on 1.35 - you should be pleased with that.

That's a great time on a hilly course - well done!

Well done Niccolo did you enter the Herts County championships.

Ian

Was only for vets as far as I know, and I still miss a few years before being that 'experienced' :)