Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 13th, Thurs 15th & Sat 17th Feb

Tuesday's training for blue group is 6 x Dunhams 1500s with 75s recovery between each rep. On Thursday both blue and yellow group have 600m reps from Grange Rd roundabout with blues completing 10 with 60s recovery and yellows completing 6. Due to the marathon runners having a separate session there won't be a problem with numbers. Marathon session on Thursday is 7-9M with a marathon pace venue pyramid hills section following warm up and including a warm down at a slower pace.

Yellow group session on Tuesday is 3 x Broadwater Avenue 1.25km hill reps whilst purple group have a ladder from the Mazda garage of 2 x 6mins out and back with 90s recovery between each run. This will add up to 24 minutes of running. If you are returning from injury you could cut the time out and back whilst if you are looking for a few more minutes you could add a 1 x 3mins out and back to make 30mins in total. On Thursday purple group have a continuous run of at last 30 minutes but if you would like to increase the time no problem:)

Saturday's track session will be more Kenyan drills followed by 6-8 x 400m with 60 or 90s recovery. Session starts at 9.15am with £2 payable to FVS. Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tues 13th, Thurs 15th & Sat 17th Feb

I will be at the track on Saturday

I'm coming track Saturday evening if my buddies dont want to join me lol

Hello, I'm new. I'll be joining you probably tomorrow but what is the green group doing this week? :)

I’ll be at the track. :sunglasses:

No Green group training? All down the pub again? :slightly_smiling_face:

Greenies are doing a fartlek on Tuesday, a mystery tour of letchworth. Efforts of 5 x 4 mins in groups of similar ability. Hopefully John will join us.
Thursday I hope we can join Karen?
If not we will do another fun session.

Lovely :). I cant wait to join you guys. Im not sute im well kitted though. I don't think I have anything reflective... Is it ok for tomorrow and then I'll get something?

Angeliki
Lovely :). I cant wait to join you guys. Im not sute im well kitted though. I don't think I have anything reflective... Is it ok for tomorrow and then I'll get something?
You'll be fine Angeliki if we are running in a group but its worth getting something reflective and I'm sure the kit secretary will have something.

No problem for greens to join up for 600s on Thursday, look forward to seeing everyone:)

Alan, I'll find the brightest top in the drawer Lol!!

Hi Paul will be resting my knee this week so won't be training but enjoy😁

Angeliki
Alan, I'll find the brightest top in the drawer Lol!!
Hi Angeliki, bright is better than dark, but bright doesn’t really work that well. It needs to be reflective to be effective.

The reflective bibs are the best as you can put them over anything else you wear to training.

Kit secretary’s have them for 5ver, but many places have them too.

Yes, I know. I will get one. Today was my first run with you guys :)

Track Saturday is also Shirley, shani, Jo sopala and possibly Jo Kenlin..... Doing it for the purples :slightly_smiling_face:

Fabulous to see so many athletes signing up for track:) We look forward to coaching you all on Saturday.

Thanks Karen, Peter and everyone else for another fantastic morning at track. Really enjoyed it.

well done fellow track stars!

great session today and fantastic conditions, thanks Karen and Pete for coaching and to blue group and purple ladies for their great company!

Loved track session made very welcome by blues weather was amazing very mild pushed myself did a couple of fast ones need to come regularly to improve my sprint ability thankyou greens for your encouragement and support and to Karen Pete for the coaching