Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SCVAC / VAC Indoor Championships 3000m Race Walk

Last year I joined the London Vets AC so that I could take part in some Masters events.
This was their 3000m indoor championship, combined with the Southern Counties championship at the Picketts Lock Athletics Centre in North London.
My hope was to record a time close to 15 minutes and set off on a neat 1 minute schedule for each of the 15 laps.

This was an 'A' race where judging is applied most strictly and I received a couple of yellow and red paddles. 3 Reds would mean a disqualification so I had to ease off a little in the last 800m to prevent a DQ. I've not had a red in any previous race but am at the point in my walking where you really are treading a fine line to satisfy the judges, and from that point it was a valuable experience to learn from which I will. As you get quicker it's also quite natural that your technique will be very carefully examined.

1st 14:44

Dave

Re: SCVAC / VAC Indoor Championships 3000m Race Walk

Congratulations on another win 🥇🏆

Well done, David. Great result!

Well done David, You’ve done really well in your first year at this,

Amazingly well done David. I've been watching your training walks and times on Strava - agog !

Congratulations! I am sure stepping up a level to increased scrutiny will result in further medals:)